Let's Talk Anime/Manga

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurosis

I watched Elfen lied and the story is amazing (my opinion)

do someone know other animes like elfen lied (Genre:Drama)?

I want to watch some more drama animes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

OTGX

;017 2006's Most Popular Anime In France
;017 Source: Anime News Service
;017 Source: http://www.animax-asia.com/whatsup/latest.asp#deathn

This past summer, French anime magazine Animeland polled 1067 of its readers in a number of areas to rank their top anime releases over 2006.

In The DVD Category the ranking was:
1. MONSTER     2. NARUTO     3. Samurai Champloo     4. Count of Monte Cristo     5. BECK

For best classic series(broadcast before July, 2005):
1. Full Metal Alchemist     2. Saint Seiya     3. Cowboy Bebop     4. Love Hina     5. Gundam SEED

The top 5 Movies:
1. Final Fantasy AC     2. Howl's Moving Castle     3. Princess Mononoke     4. Spirited Away     5. My Neighbor Totoro.

The top theme songs:
1. Melissa (Full Metal Alchemist)     2. HIT IN THE USA (BECK)     3. Rewrite (Full Metal Alchemist)     4. Pegasus Fantasy (Saint Seiya)     5. Inner Universe (GITS:SAC)

The top male character:
1. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)     2. Ryo (City Hunter)     3.Onizuka Eikichi (GTO)     4. Naruto     5. Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop).

Top Female Character:
1. Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina)     2. Toru Honda (Fruits Basket)     3. Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)    
4. Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)     5. Kinomoto Sakura (Card Captor Sakura).

In the Noteworthy Work category:
1. BLEACH     2. Saint Seiya Zodiac     3. NANA     4. Full Metal Alchemist Movie     5. Ergo Proxy.

"TELL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REMOVE THIS POST"

CaptBrenden

humm, interesting.  I disagree on some of those.  First off, Ive never even heard of saint seiya.. every other thing on there ive heard of but not that.  I have a hard time beliving that it ocudl be a top series, but then agian I dont watch tv, its a broadcast one, and I live in a jar.  

second.. I love love hina, but Most people didnt like naru that much.  I mean thats the top gripe Ive heard about that series is how the girl thats the least liked of the bunch is the one that ends up with the main character. that and the guy gets beat up for things that arnt his fault usualy.  I thought it was funny but people complain about it.   Personaly I liked kanako more -_-

How can Advent Children be at the top of the movie list?  Again, Ill I hear from people about it is how much of a let down It turned out to be after all the hype. I do however agree with how the rest of that list is dominated by studio gibli films.  

oh and I support the ruling on FMA being best aired series.  Hell its up there with my all time favorite series. I still dont know how that show could possibly be edited enough to be safe for telivision.. it a regular basis the plot twists were so dark fucked up and depressing that it could make a emo person kill themselves.  Some episodes left me in a funk for a week (like when Nina was.. well watch the series. )
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Pitkin

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"humm, interesting.  I disagree on some of those.  First off, Ive never even heard of saint seiya.. every other thing on there ive heard of but not that.  I have a hard time beliving that it ocudl be a top series, but then agian I dont watch tv, its a broadcast one, and I live in a jar.

A classic originally from 1986. The original series lasted for more than 100 episodes; more than five movies (I think) have been made, and two shorter series (again, I think) have been made also in the 21st century.

Nidas

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"How can Advent Children be at the top of the movie list?  Again, Ill I hear from people about it is how much of a let down It turned out to be after all the hype. I do however agree with how the rest of that list is dominated by studio gibli films.

I found AC fine personally, a good entertaining film, but it doesn't deserve to be no.1. I would have thought Spirited Away would win that division really; its the best selling film of all time in Japan iirc. But then again, with Naruto coming 2nd in the DVD ranking and 4th in the male character ranking, its pretty obvious that this is just a popularity contest rather than anything to do with quality.

Also, Sakura coming 5th in female characters? FAIL

Onizuka and Ed don't surprise me, I don't think I've ever met someone who actually hates those characters :p I am surprised at Naru winning the female division, I had no idea she was so popular o_0

Darknight_88

Quote from: "OTGX";017 2006's Most Popular Anime In France
;017 Source: Anime News Service
;017 Source: http://www.animax-asia.com/whatsup/latest.asp#deathn

This past summer, French anime magazine Animeland polled 1067 of its readers in a number of areas to rank their top anime releases over 2006.

In The DVD Category the ranking was:
1. MONSTER     2. NARUTO     3. Samurai Champloo     4. Count of Monte Cristo     5. BECK

For best classic series(broadcast before July, 2005):
1. Full Metal Alchemist     2. Saint Seiya     3. Cowboy Bebop     4. Love Hina     5. Gundam SEED

The top 5 Movies:
1. Final Fantasy AC     2. Howl's Moving Castle     3. Princess Mononoke     4. Spirited Away     5. My Neighbor Totoro.

The top theme songs:
1. Melissa (Full Metal Alchemist)     2. HIT IN THE USA (BECK)     3. Rewrite (Full Metal Alchemist)     4. Pegasus Fantasy (Saint Seiya)     5. Inner Universe (GITS:SAC)

The top male character:
1. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)     2. Ryo (City Hunter)     3.Onizuka Eikichi (GTO)     4. Naruto     5. Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop).

Top Female Character:
1. Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina)     2. Toru Honda (Fruits Basket)     3. Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)    
4. Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)     5. Kinomoto Sakura (Card Captor Sakura).

In the Noteworthy Work category:
1. BLEACH     2. Saint Seiya Zodiac     3. NANA     4. Full Metal Alchemist Movie     5. Ergo Proxy.

"TELL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REMOVE THIS POST"
Melissa winning the 1st place and Rewrite 3rd as top openings? WTF?
Melissa sucks. Rewrite deserved the first place (of course, there are better OP's, but those series haven't  been released in the US).

Also, lol @ the series listed as  "Classic series"

zjhentohlauedy

Oh yeah! monster is GOOODDD!!!

I agree with darknight rewrite beats melissa by a long shot!! :/  well thats my opinion!!
My my, aren't you lovely~

Icelilly

Okay... Here's my list:

Anime

- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon- Classic to SuperS and Ep. 192 of Stars
- Cardcaptor Sakura
- Pokemon (AND I'M STILL WATCHING IT O_O)
- Inuyasha
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny (Only up to Ep. 10)
- Digimon Adventure/02/Tamers/Frontier
- Dragonball/Z/GT
- Chrono Crusade (Up to Ep. 04)
- Magic Knight Rayearth (Only the OVA)
- Gravitation (Ep. 05-08)
- Yugioh
- Tokyo Mew Mew (Half)

Manga

- Cardcaptor Sakura 1, 3, and 5
- Cardcaptor Sakura- Master of the Clow Vol. 6
- Magic Knight Rayearth Vol. 2 and 6
- Chobits Vol. 2, 6, 8 and some others volumes I can't remember at the moment
- Inuyasha (I don't remember which ones)
- Fruits Basket Vol. 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12 and part of 15
- Saint Tail Vol. 4
- Ghost Hunter Vol. 1
- Ah! My Goddess Vol. 1
- Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. 1
- Tokyo Mew Mew Vol. 1-3

I think that's it o_O;

NejinOniwa

We must admit it! POKEMON IS GOD!!! (after Hirano Aya and Sugita Tomokazu, of course) I saw the 9th movie today, btw. (it sucked, unfortunately. But satoshi goes SSJ >w<)

And IMO, Shinn ruins the whole GSD with his crappy...shinnyness. Know what i mean? He's all like...FAIL. I mean, he's supposed to be some angsty rebel teenager with a hidden do-gooder spirit somewhere, but he is like...AGH. FAIL. *punch*
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Gummster

Stop talking about things no one understands!

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"We must admit it! POKEMON IS GOD!!! (after Hirano Aya and Sugita Tomokazu, of course) I saw the 9th movie today, btw. (it sucked, unfortunately. But satoshi goes SSJ >w<)

And IMO, Shinn ruins the whole GSD with his crappy...shinnyness. Know what i mean? He's all like...FAIL. I mean, he's supposed to be some angsty rebel teenager with a hidden do-gooder spirit somewhere, but he is like...AGH. FAIL. *punch*
YES. Someone finally agrees with me! I haven't seen the 9th movie yet. Is it at least somewhat decent so I won't fall asleep?

To be honest, WAY before Destiny came out in Canada and GS was still brand new, I once thought Shinn was Kira just because of the hair style. I felt like an idiot afterwards XD

btw, what's your favourite pokemon Nejin-san? :3

NejinOniwa

Quote from: "Icelilly"Is it at least somewhat decent so I won't fall asleep?
I don't think so...I watched it and was generally damn frustrated over it all the time. It's easily the worst of the 4 AG movies....and WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE RANDOM FLYING??? Really!
Plus side though, the animations were REALLY damn classy.

On another point, though, those of you who haven't seen the 8:th pm movie yet...do so, and quick. (in original language of course) Honestly, it is easily THE best pokemon movie ever made. No random flying, great animations (although not as savvy as the 9:th's), a story that you actually understand, a main pokemon chara that is not simply evil or simply cute, but actually has personality...8:th pokemon movie, Mew to hadou no yuusha Lucario, GET MINASAN!

But my fave pokemon....? Ah nostalgy from the good ol' days when I would play GBA until my thumbs were sore. ;) Oh well. There are a few...
First off:   JIGGLYPUFF.
Reasons being, 1: The sole SSBM character that i really can pwn ass with (and that is against like, "pros" and stuff)
2: Jigglypuff sing is epic win
3: Who can ever forget the good ol' Jigglypuff from season 1? The one that came in and screwed everything up all the time? Oh, that was SO epic...

My second chara, though, is a bit of a surprise (prolly). The reason being the fact that he's the MOST DAMN KICKASS (nonlegendary, although he actually pwns some of those too) pokemon in the game(s).
It is...
KINOGASSAAAAAA!!!!!![/i]

...or, for those who don't speak pokemon moonspeak, Breloom.
OWNZOR! That pokemon is seriously, THE best of all the ones you can find in both RSE and XD. Go kinogagagagagassaaa!!!!!

Kinogassa is now a meme!!!

Icelilly

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
Quote from: "Icelilly"Is it at least somewhat decent so I won't fall asleep?
I don't think so...I watched it and was generally damn frustrated over it all the time. It's easily the worst of the 4 AG movies....and WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE RANDOM FLYING??? Really!
Plus side though, the animations were REALLY damn classy.

On another point, though, those of you who haven't seen the 8:th pm movie yet...do so, and quick. (in original language of course) Honestly, it is easily THE best pokemon movie ever made. No random flying, great animations (although not as savvy as the 9:th's), a story that you actually understand, a main pokemon chara that is not simply evil or simply cute, but actually has personality...8:th pokemon movie, Mew to hadou no yuusha Lucario, GET MINASAN!

But my fave pokemon....? Ah nostalgy from the good ol' days when I would play GBA until my thumbs were sore. ;) Oh well. There are a few...
First off:   JIGGLYPUFF.
Reasons being, 1: The sole SSBM character that i really can pwn ass with (and that is against like, "pros" and stuff)
2: Jigglypuff sing is epic win
3: Who can ever forget the good ol' Jigglypuff from season 1? The one that came in and screwed everything up all the time? Oh, that was SO epic...

My second chara, though, is a bit of a surprise (prolly). The reason being the fact that he's the MOST DAMN KICKASS (nonlegendary, although he actually pwns some of those too) pokemon in the game(s).
It is...
KINOGASSAAAAAA!!!!!![/i]

...or, for those who don't speak pokemon moonspeak, Breloom.
OWNZOR! That pokemon is seriously, THE best of all the ones you can find in both RSE and XD. Go kinogagagagagassaaa!!!!!

Kinogassa is now a meme!!!
JIGGLYPUFF *_________________*
I love Jigglypuff. I remember the song. I HAVE THE SONG ON CD. That's how much I love it. I actually taped the episode wehere it first appered. I drove my parents insane with it XD And the Team Rocket song? Classic.

Kinogasa is awsome! I have one in my Emerald game. Its Sky Uppercut pwns. Literally.

I love Starmie too! I always get one whenever I can. <3

I want to see the 8th movie so badly! Maybe I'll get for my birthday this month. We'll see! <3

NejinOniwa

Fufufufufufu~ -w- Ever heard of bittorrent, my fwend? .w.

CaptBrenden

what did I say about public promotion of piracy?

T_T

thats my angry face.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.