Let's Talk Anime/Manga

Started by L33t 4g3nt, April 28, 2005, 12:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Thurosis

Quote from: "Nidas"
Quote from: "Thurosis"Buhuuu in Germany there are only 9 volumes from Negima -.-#!

I want o know how it continues!!!!!

scanlations?

wow thanks a lot Nidas! I didn't notce there are 17 volume! ^^" from negima! or did i missunderstand it?

1 Volume is a book with 180 pages right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Laevatein

*Reads Negima chapter 166*

More like... look. The entire chapter only had a couple or so speech bubbles in it, and the story is done entirely with pictures, so no disadvantage for us non-japanese! O_O And yet it manages to be the most fun out of the most recent chapters yet :D

I'm just gonna quote the highlights of the chapter from another board, too good to be true!

Quote from: "RedWolf"
A lot of misunderstanding

Yes Akira we know the brat is a pervert.

Akira: Negi-sensei Eva is your fiance?

Negi:Pffft! *spits his drink*

A Zazie-Misora Tag team Hurrrahh!

Aww aint that cute she peeking at what the brat wrote about her.

-War is hell, and I mean to make it so. - William Tecumseh Sherman

Xyanide

Is anybody watching the remake of the negima anime??
I really like it, nice comedy and a lot better than the first anime which i could only stand for about 6 episodes...
I read a couple of negima manga (scanned) but I got a little tired of it. Reading manga on the PC sucks...and can't afford to get all of the real thing -_-

Laevatein

You're missing out on a lot... the manga is 100 times better than the anime renditions so far (I really couldn't get too much into the Negima?! anime, and the first one is somewhat rushed).

Xyanide

Yeah i know, like that...dog/cat-boy, he doesn't even make a single appearance in the anime.

CaptBrenden

I like the anime remake even if it dosent stick to the normal story.  

and that part about that ring eva gave negi is awsome, I loled

NejinOniwa

IMO, the remake is too like...flat. And it doesn't even feel the least bit Akamatsu-ish...Feels like a waste of time to me.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

Well that in my opinion is the novelty of it.  Its new.  the stories are new and interesting and arnt retellings.  If compaired to akamatsus original work, yes I prefer the original, but if you take it by iteself, in its own right its funny and interesting and cirtanly far better animated. Plus the more interesting less traditional way its presented makes it more interesting to watch as well.

zjhentohlauedy

i guess i need to get back to negima, i stopped with the manga a long time  ago. i think i stopped at around vol 6 or 7 of the scans. i haven't even watched the anime yet. :/

or maybe i'll just wait until it finishes like what i did with love hina...
My my, aren't you lovely~

NewYinzer

Ya know, I feel some weird vibes about Love Hina. I mean, the anime was okay to good, but the manga is so much better. There are so many plot points which the manga touches and does better. However, seeing the anime after reading the manga always yields a bit of disappointment.

zjhentohlauedy

so its anime first manga after?

Laevatein

Actually it's the other way around.

CaptBrenden

generaly.. very few mangas are worse then the anime. usualy the anime is an abriged basterdized version of the manga.. like mahoromatic or evangelion.

on the other hand there are a few that are the other way around. you get so much more in the anime azumnaga daio.. and the same goes with rozen maiden.

zjhentohlauedy

i agree, majority of anime series doesn't live up to its manga counterpart. sometimes its too short to even compare with the manga. and teh story seems more detailed in manga than in the anime.

you generally get good quality art in manga as well, since some anime tend to increase animation quality during the start and end but gets crap animation during the middle of a series.