Aurora's got an OS-tan art thread! Wait... what?!

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 01, 2006, 10:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Yes, thank you C-Chan. I doubt our site would be what it is without you!

C-Chan

Nah,... it really is cause of everyone contributing.  -v-

Case in point, I joined another emerging forum around the same time I joined this one.  Even posted my pics earlier there and started more unique discussion threads.

But despite that and the slow start here, that alternative "OS-tan" forum died a slow and painful death due to too much unrelated RPing and questionable commitment from our admin.  I won't say which one it is out of respect, but maybe Alfamille will remember.  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

'Tis a tale of two forums, and quite heartening to see one of them live on and prosper.  ^.^

NewYinzer

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
It was the age of reason, it was the age of stupidity.
It was the age of great contribution, it was the age of trolls.

Say, what was the address of that site?

C-Chan

Sorry, mums the word.   -v-

I still feel sorry I ditched it myself after a while.  But seriously, it was pretty obvious the site was going nowhere really fast.  -____-

..........It did, however, get mentioned very briefly at Waka....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

NewYinzer

Quote..........It did, however, get mentioned very briefly at Waka.... Ã,¬vÃ,¬

They never archive the posts, so all is lost. Unless the site in question is listed on www.ostan.com...

C-Chan

*snickers*
*chortles*
*can't withhold laughter much longer*

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :^0^;

Nah, when I said emerging, I meant like REALLY emerging....
Fresh, new, idealistic, full of potential....
But largely unlinked....  ^^'

*sigh*

Okay, okay, you win.  ^.^
I'll see what I can do....

NewYinzer

About what? Oh yeah...
Tis okay.

ALFAMILLE YOU SMART...GUY! YOU LINKED TO US AT WIKIPEDIA BEFORE I GOT A CHANCE! HAHA! THIS IS GREAT! WE'LL GET SO MANY NEW MEMBERS! NO WONDER WE'VE HAD SIX NEW MEMBERS SINCE THE 30th! HAHA!

A toast to our victor, Alfamille!

Just look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=OS-tan&action=history

C-Chan

*sigh*  If only the Captain where here to see this, and utter his trademark "Jumping Josophat!".

Alfamille,... you most certainly, positively and irrefutably RULE!!!!  ^V^

12K points for you!!!!!!  ^V^

(methinks I'm hyperinflating my own point currency, but what else is new in the global economy?  I'll just "adjust" the price of the Moped accordingly, and blame it on "supply and demand"... -v-)

Aurora Borealis

I'm back!

Just as I promised, a revised Windows 1-tan. Uses the hairstyle as the other Windows 1-tan. Got rid of the glasses because I wasn't sure if she would look better with or without them.

AOL-tan. A messenger girl who is all about the gossip and the latest news and such but is usually unreliable and sometimes spouts off stuff at the wrong time or gives out secrets by mistake. She is one of the Windows-tan's messengers but is in a three-way rivarly between her, MSN-tan and Outlook-tan to see who will deliver messages to them. She swings by on a rope, Tarzan-style and saying her catch phrase, "You got mail!" as she delivers her message.

NeXTSTEP-tan. She's either a half-sister or a cousin to the Mac OS-tans, but she's related nonetheless and doesn't get along with them very well, except for OS X-tan who she somewhat gets along with. She's a rebel and although is is very aggressive, she hides in her box a lot. Her box is a shiny black cube-shaped box, a reference to the NeXT Cube. Her box also doubles as a tank.

C-Chan

Yo Aurora!  ^V^

Windows 1.0:  Looks good without them and I'm lovin the hair.  ^__^
Now we're cooking with FIYA!  ^V^
I can certainly picture her as Mama/Grandma windows now.  ^__^
(which reminds me, what will she be in your comic?)

AOL:  Extremely cute.  I remember seeing her in your comic, so now I'm glad she's formally introduced.  ^.^

NeXTSTEP:  Excellent in a please-don't-hurt-me kinda way.  ^__^
We're certainly in sync that she's a rebel yet doesn't like to talk much, and that she gets along well with the OSX girls.  She should probably wield some handheld weapons or two since the famous PC game "DOOM" was originally designed on her platform.  And perhaps it'd be cute to give her a hobby that's completely uncharacteristic of someone who looks so tough and belligerent.  Given the significance of "Darwin" between her and the OSX-tans, how about bug-collecting?  ^__^

Alex Stankevitch

Would it be a good idea to make AOL-tan nearly deaf as when you connect you AOL you hardly ever get through???

Darknight_88

argh! overload @_@
too much new OS-tans (and some new OS'es too @_@)

Nice job Aurora  ;010

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"Yo Aurora!  ^V^

Windows 1.0:  Looks good without them and I'm lovin the hair.  ^__^
Now we're cooking with FIYA!  ^V^
I can certainly picture her as Mama/Grandma windows now.  ^__^
(which reminds me, what will she be in your comic?)

AOL:  Extremely cute.  I remember seeing her in your comic, so now I'm glad she's formally introduced.  ^.^

NeXTSTEP:  Excellent in a please-don't-hurt-me kinda way.  ^__^
We're certainly in sync that she's a rebel yet doesn't like to talk much, and that she gets along well with the OSX girls.  She should probably wield some handheld weapons or two since the famous PC game "DOOM" was originally designed on her platform.  And perhaps it'd be cute to give her a hobby that's completely uncharacteristic of someone who looks so tough and belligerent.  Given the significance of "Darwin" between her and the OSX-tans, how about bug-collecting?  ^__^

Those are some interesting suggestions for NeXTSTEP-tan. I like them! As for Windows 1.0-tan's role in ZS, I'm undecided at the moment altough she does first appear in chapter 2.

Alfamille

Yo Aurora!

Tnx to you we officially have Mac or Apple System 6 and 7 ^_^

Not to mention the NEXTSTEP was amazing!  ;010