What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonorged

I havent been watching anime lately, got any suggestions? Scifi, fantasy, paraonormal, comedy, just suggest anything.
Simon was here :P

SleepyD

seen Madoka Magica, Mawaru Penguindrum, Steins;Gate, or Fate/Zero? Yes, they all have a little dark side to them, some more than others, and yes, a lot of these are fairly old to avid anime watchers, but these are the most recent anime that's had an impact on me.

To buck the trend, I also recommend Hidamari (any season will do, it's short anyway), if you need something cute and mindless to unwind with :3  Same character designer as Madoka. The two series are worlds apart however. haha

Chocofreak13

Sword Art Online and Accel World are both by the same artist and both revolve around online games, so you'll get an action/fantasy/sci-fi fix with some comedy thrown in for good measure. of the two, i prefer Sword Art; it's less fanservicey and seems to have a more engrossing plot and much deeper characters going for it than its counterpart. not to say Accel World isn't good, not by any measure.
i've heard BTOOOM! centres around an online game, too.

i finished Tsuritama about a week ago, it's cute while still being sci-fi in nature. the central theme is fishing (pretty sure the title translates to "catching" or something similar), so it's a bit of a niche anime, but i found it entertaining.

if you don't mind fanservice, i also reccomend Fight Ippatsu! Juden-Chan!! . it was cute and somewhat touching, though it is REALLY ecchi. REALLY ecchi. >>;

(at this point i'm just going down the list of the stuff i have) Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is all about aliens, Solty Rei is a great sci-fi/action with some great twists as the plot goes on, The Big O is just classic (as is Cyborg 009, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun), and Zaion - I Wish You Were Here is a sci-fi OVA series from the early 2000's. :3
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Trying to pick up Fairy Tail ;w;
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Chocofreak13

streaming or torrent? cause i remember i saw some sub groups doing it. (can't recall which, i follow quite a few.)
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Streaming. All I got was a few episodes on Crunchyroll and a few on YouTube.

Chocofreak13

you can't torrent? cause it stands to reason that if they were doing episode 10_ they'd have done the earlier ones, too. :\
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Don't have hd space until I can manage to get my 1tb drive in.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

today in club i didn't get to preview the anime beforehand, so we flew blind and watched episodes 8 and 9 of Sword Art Online. we then watched Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki and the first half of Acchi Kocchi episode 3. :3

i also gave out some bonus presents along with the cookie gifts to the anime club: disks containing their own distinctive anime that wouldn't otherwise be shown in club. :3
President Christa got Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (a yaoi series)
Vice President Greg got Kamen no Maid Guy (i....have no idea where to even begin on this series)
Maggie (who was absentee, Christa was going to give it to her tomorrow) got Antique Bakery (another yaoi series)
Matt got Kokoro Connect (like freaky friday, only cooler and not a lohan suckfest)
Jason got Tsuritama (cute! and aliens! and fishing!)
and Tim got Solty Rei (semi-classic sci-fi/action romp about an amnesiac girl with superpowers and the bounty hunter who takes her in).

all the disks came bundled with a .rar unloader and VLC, so hopefully they'll be able to use it this time. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds nice ^^

I need to get back to Softenni ^^;;

Chocofreak13

i almost doubled up the anime, and if i had been able to i was going to bundle softenni with Jason's tsuritama. :\

watched some Chitose Get You! this morning, as well as Double J and Gokujyo, and Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (though i only have one episode of that, i just keep watching it over and over).
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Got the first four episodes of Potlabor to watch.  Police mecha series go!