What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

So, Lucky Star OVA. You can definitely tell the region 1 DVD release was very much a budget release; the menus lack animation or music, which really makes it feel kind of cheap. Also, it's only in English with subtitles, but given that the English dub of the series kind of sucked, that's more of a blessing than anything.

Like the series, it feels more like a compilation of loosely connected stories involving the daily lives of the main cast. I liked it...save for the 2nd-to-last part of it; which was a parody of nonsensical endings (Such as that of Evangelion). The bit with the hot-blooded shopkeeper right after was hilarious, and the live-action Lucky Channel segment that played during the credits was enjoyable.

Probably the best segment was the one in which Konata shows up cosplaying as Yuki Nagato; using her magic wand to help Kagami go to a ball, ala Cinderella. That part was hilarious, especially when Kagami was cosplaying as Hatsune Miku xD

Chocofreak13

sounds fun, dude. ^^

THE KABOCHA WINE EP 2~~~~~
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Watched Nichijou 8 and 9 yesterday after charging my laptop, then all the A-Channel shorts plus episodes 1-2.

Chocofreak13

wait, there's a-channel shorts? damn, i wonder if i have them. >>;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Well, I have about 3 episodes left on G Gundam. Will likely finish it up later today

EDIT: Just finished it. My thoughts below
G Gundam: ShowHide
THE POWER OF LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Yeah, it's a bit cheesy, but given how G Gundam is deliciously over-the-top, it seems fitting. It may not have been as badass as the ending to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but that ending is just hard to top as it is. I enjoyed watching this series again...and now I have an urge to rewatch Gundam Wing; it's the next series in franchise production order, and it's also the first Gundam series I watched. I still have my Wing Gundam action figure on display :3

With Cowboy Bebop, Buttobi CPU, and G Gundam finished, my lineup of what I'm watching will now consist of the following:

- Slayers (Season 1)
- Digimon Adventure 01
- Softenni
- Megas XLR

AnimeTheme

Been watching Eureka 7 AO on my PS Vita
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Chocofreak13

@pent: sounds interesting, dude. gundam was never really my thing (i usually only go for giant robot anime when there's a twist, such as Big O), but i'm glad you enjoyed it. nice picks, btw. let me know how you like softenni. xD

@animetheme: how is it? and how's the vita, anyway?
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Kari: There's five that spotlight moments from the manga that didn't get airtime in the regular episodes.

Chocofreak13

thanks for the info. tomorrow i'll track down some torrents.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Started on BTOOOM! today due to favorable reviews. Silly name aside, it's pretty damn good. Drama powah!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

If you can't find'em, they're small enough for me to send direct.  Like maybe 10mb each.  Let me know before I head back to the land of awful internet though (Sunday or so).

Chocofreak13

if i can't find them by tomorrow evening i'll contact you. thanks. :3

@nej: DON'T SPOIL IT ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

So, since I have some posters for it (Thanks, Pit ^_^), I decided to finally check out Kanon and see what this series is about (The library had volume one of it, thankfully).

So far after the first episode, it's alright. It's a bit slow, and the whole "main character has amnesia" bit is very cliché, but it's not a terrible series by any means; I'd suggest still giving it a try if you have an interest in something with a romantic plot.

Raffaele the Amigan

Tuesday 6 I went to cinema and I saw Kokuriko-zaka kara (From up on Poppy Hill) by Miyazaki Studio Ghibli...

Touching and romantic... :)
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

DustiiWolf

Saw a funny youtube video that pushed me to watch Zero no Tsukaima. watching episode 1 now.

EDIT:
Finished that, episodes 1 & 2 of Idolm@ster, and episode 1 of Oreimo.
Official -tans are my bat signal.