What anime are ya watching?

Started by SleepyD, August 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

Speaking of slice-of-life anime, does anyone know if "Azumanga Daioh" is any good?

C-Chan

Yep, at least if you don't mind mild-mannered humor broken out into 10-minute story segments.

Everyone loves Azumanga and so should you.  ^v^

(that way, when I start drawing DOSKitty like Kamineko, you'll get the reference.  ^___^)

Quid pro quo....

Does anyone know if the following titles are worth an immediate download and/or purchase?

ARIA
Eureka 7
Jigoku Shoujo
Karin
Mai Otome
Noein
Shakugan no Shana

NewYinzer

I have not nor have ever downloaded or seen any of those (obscure Good Night and Good Luck reference). You might want to preview them on YouTube and decide for yourself. Or you could download them all without any pity and burn them all to DVD, leaving the leechers without anyone to leech off of!

*comes to senses*

Jeez, I'm starting to sound like Gordon Gekko (obscure Wall Street reference)...

*takes a stress pill (obscure 2001: A Space Odyssey reference)*

...but do what you think is right and let the Force be with you (obscure Star Wars reference).

C-Chan

"Hoe...!" (obscure Card Captor Sakura or Rozen Maiden reference -- take your pick)  ^^;

NewYinzer

Hoe? You mean one of those things that farmers plough fields with or the people who...

*gets punched in the face (obscure Love Hina reference)*

That Girl: You pervert!
That Guy: Do you want to get some dinner some time (obscure Futurama reference)?
This Guy: Calm down people! Don't panic (double obscure H2G2 reference)!

*giant explosion*

Well, I'll see yinz tomorrow (or rather, later today, from where I'm from)!

Alex Stankevitch

Ive just finished watching Onegai Twins, it starts off well but the last 2-3 episodes it loses its value.

Time for Onegai Teacher.....

CaptBrenden

watch azumanga daio now! like right now! o_o  It is filled with goodness!  And sometimes cream filling.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Alex Stankevitch

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"watch azumanga daio now! like right now! o_o  It is filled with goodness!  And sometimes cream filling.

I gotta download it :D

I had like eps 1 + 2...

Silentbob

Quote from: "C-Chan"

Does anyone know if the following titles are worth an immediate download and/or purchase?

Jigoku Shoujo
Karin
Shakugan no Shana

I've seen the three listed in the quote.  

Jigoku Shoujo was kinda long and dragged out, there was just too much of the same going on in every episode, but some people liked it.  But for me the storyline just progressed too slowly for my taste.  But you could always give it a try and see if you like it better. I see there's also a live action and also a second season airing right now.

Karin was kinda cute.  About a vampire family that are "nice" people in their own way.  Plotwise it's not that original, but it has a number of funny moments which makes it worth watching.  There was only extremely annoying character though, you'll know who I mean if you watch it.  ;)

Shakugan no Shana was probably the best of the three.  Combined drama and action fairly well, at least I thought. A bit complicated storyline to recap in short words, but you should give it a whirl.  The female lead character even has a few short special episodes dedicated to her, where she is chibified as the ridiculously noisy and selfish Shana-tan.  (Yes! Yet another -tan!  :D)

Watch it here (no subs though) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ul_pMNG7Ck

edit: One with subs:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBhn42hGCwU&mode=related&search=

C-Chan

*swoons*

And then people ask me why AmigaBob is indispensible.  -v-

Not only is his AVI fun to gawk at it....

*stares lovingly*  *v*

...but his insight into just about everything is peerless.  ^___^

Betcha I can even ask him for the meaning of life and get a straight answer.  ^.^

That does it,...

The Hell Girl, Vampire Girl and Fire Girl are SOLD!!  ^V^

*looks for torrents*

I'll just be sure to set an even upload/download rate to keep my ratio in the green.  Just so no one can call me a leech.  -v-

BTW, the video of Shana-tan is impossibly cute, but I also managed to see a few previews of the series as well.  Oh yeah, definitely must-see.  ^__^

ARIA can wait a while and I'm already ordering Eureka 7 via cheap DVDs.  -v-

brougeXP22

girls bravo (1st season) is hilarious! albiet quite perverted but still nice :D

Pitkin

Quote from: "brougeXP22"girls bravo (1st season) is hilarious! albiet quite perverted but still nice :D

Oh my goodness, no! Without exaggeration I can say I've absolutely never seen worse characters in an anime series; the blue-haired whatshisname Yuki-something is completely spiritless, and the so-called female lead (the pink-haired creature, supposedly an 'airhead girl') is about as amusing as a cucumber in a glass jar. Every perverted joke feels forced and the slapstick violence scenes are so tired...

Seriously, Girls Bravo was on the very last position of my anime series ranking back in time before I lost the text file. Can't believe it was ever licensed, that sad series.

Oh yeah, I've nothing against you liking it, brouge-san. :D Just wanted to give the series a second opinion. ^^;

CaptBrenden

heheheh cucumber in a glass jar....
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Alex Stankevitch

Finished Onigai Teacher....

Brilliant series apart from the end which gotten a bit slow, just like the sequal Onigai Twins. They are still well worth watching for a mix of romance, drama and comedy.

Just started watching:
Stratos4

C-Chan

Oh my goodness, no! Without exaggeration I can say I've absolutely never seen worse characters in an anime series; the blue-haired whatshisname Yuki-something is completely spiritless, and the so-called female lead (the pink-haired creature, supposedly an 'airhead girl') is about as amusing as a cucumber in a glass jar. Every perverted joke feels forced and the slapstick violence scenes are so tired...

Seriously, Girls Bravo was on the very last position of my anime series ranking back in time before I lost the text file. Can't believe it was ever licensed, that sad series.

Oh yeah, I've nothing against you liking it, brouge-san.  Just wanted to give the series a second opinion. ^^;

Don't worry, I know it sucks.  ^__^
Not the worse series I've seen, though ('Hand Maid May' and 'Princess Army' make Bravo look like Mononoke Hime), but it's very often not funny and some of the perversions do get cruelly out of hand (like the two aformentioned monstrosities).

On the other hand, the series has something that most Anime series lack....  -v-

A SHORT MALE LEAD!!!  ^V^

Although now that I think about it... Ã,¬__Ã,¬

The series botches that too since the female lead is shorter...  
That's so typical it, pukifies me... Seriously, where's the fun in that.....  Ã,¬____Ã,¬'
Even with all its faults, Vandread handled that particular aspect way better....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬

Okay, I'm sold.  ^__^
Girls Bravo sorta sucks.  ^v^'
Very well, per Pitkin's back-handed suggestion, I'll push it back on the queue.... -v-

Quoteheheheh cucumber in a glass jar....

Somehow reminds me of how she "eats" them bananas.... Ã,¬vÃ,¬'

QuoteFinished Onigai Teacher....

Brilliant series apart from the end which gotten a bit slow, just like the sequal Onigai Twins. They are still well worth watching for a mix of romance, drama and comedy.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention....
That one's on queue to be watched too.  ^__^
I hear that one has an interesting size ratio too.  ^.^