PalmOS-tan

Started by C-Chan, July 16, 2006, 10:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Hello everyone.

Production speed improved a little since Amiga-tan.  
But due to some other pressing tasks and my stubborness to add more than one character this time,  I'm actually not done with this pic yet.  
Therefore, since I overshot my deadline and probably won't get to this again in a week, I figured I should post what I have now since all that really remains are additional characters in the background.

So here goes,....

Gambette ne, Palm-tan!!  ^o^

<<<NOTE: PICTURE MOVED TO Annex>>>

In case this image freaks you out, please keep in mind that PalmOS-tan's concept is based off the manga/anime series called "Midori Days".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_Days

It was the best way I could find to pay homage to the whole "palm of your HAND" theme.

Being that Windows CE is already a fairy, I decided to make Palm-tan a genie.  
Pick up the magic stylus and she appropriates your hand for herself (Me-tan happens to be the unfortunate host today).  
She'll stay there only until she grants you three wishes, after which she disappears to find another host.

Despite her size and awkward "placement", she's actually quite "handy" (*snicker*), intelligent and resourceful,... just as long as you don't make any of those three wishes.  
If so, you'll just get excuses, procrastination, LONG delays, and (if you're lucky) half-assed results.  

She has some control over where her magic stylus appears, so for obvious reasons you'll never see it near the likes of Dr. Norton.

And despite being friendly and receptive to most OS-tans, she and Windows CE are MORTAL enemies.  
Encounters never lead to anything besides a quick skirmish or an epic battle (and almost always at the expense of Palm-tan's host).

Well, that should quickly cover her background.  ^__^

And hopefully ME-fans will enjoy her new 'jammies....  ^^'

CaptBrenden

I cant see it  ;018 this is an OUTRAGE!! Must see jammies!! (IMHO jammies are one of the cuttest things a girl can wear)  NOW! that and I wanna see this tan that Ive now read about.  I demand a repost!!.... please?

In a related comment, actually Ive been pondering jammies for all the girls for use in digicon, since wakeup/sleep sceans are very popular/common in manga.  I hadnt gotten to MEtan so Im anxios to see what you have.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"I cant see it  ;018 this is an OUTRAGE!! Must see jammies!! (IMHO jammies are one of the cuttest things a girl can wear)  NOW! that and I wanna see this tan that Ive now read about.  I demand a repost!!.... please?

In a related comment, actually Ive been pondering jammies for all the girls for use in digicon, since wakeup/sleep sceans are very popular/common in manga.  I hadnt gotten to MEtan so Im anxios to see what you have.

Yikes!  Really?  I thought everyone could see Photobucket images?  (Darkknight!!  What's the meaning of this?!  ^0^)

The forum's attachment feature doesn't seem to be working at my current location.  So please try the HTML link to the Photobucket version:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/C-Chan_2006/PalmOS-tan.png

And yes, we must have more Jammies!  ^___^

C-Chan added the following  21 minutes after last message :

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"In a related comment, actually Ive been pondering jammies for all the girls for use in digicon, since wakeup/sleep sceans are very popular/common in manga.  I hadnt gotten to MEtan so Im anxios to see what you have.

Oh right, almost forgot.... ^^'
I do hope you'll like my rendition of ME-tan, but I should probably disclaim that the pajamas themselves aren't too much to get excited over.  They're fairly simple, to keep in line with this cel-shading approach.
-__-'

CaptBrenden

hehe Looks cute.  Im guessing id need to have used or know something about the OS to get a full appriciation for her, but your drawing skills arnt too bad at all!  Actually, what you exel at spicificly is the digital coloring.  You can do things with color I cant even fathom.  Masterful dropping graphics in as textures/patterns and having them fit seamlessly into the drawing.  If I had to guess tho.. Id say you used the pen tool but didnt taper your lines.  When you do your in take a fine eraser at a high magnification shave off some of the line so it tapers as a line would from a pen or a pencil leaving the paper.   Good cell shading, youll have to give me some tips sometime, I cant seem to do cell.  Soft shading I got down tho!  Maybe we could do a collab sometime ? :D

Oh and the MEtan jammies are exactly as I imagined hers.  The are very close to what I had for 98 tan, tho hers had little flying boxes (via superman style!) printed on hers.  Tho personality wise with their child like personalities it fits them both (as where say 3.1 I drew with something frilly with ribbons to match her gothic style, or xp who would probobly sleep damn near naked, or maybe an over sixed t shirt)

On one last note.. it wouldnt load ealier today.. but now your picture is loading just fine -.-

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"hehe Looks cute.  Im guessing id need to have used or know something about the OS to get a full appriciation for her, but your drawing skills arnt too bad at all!  Actually, what you exel at spicificly is the digital coloring.  You can do things with color I cant even fathom.  Masterful dropping graphics in as textures/patterns and having them fit seamlessly into the drawing.  If I had to guess tho.. Id say you used the pen tool but didnt taper your lines.  When you do your in take a fine eraser at a high magnification shave off some of the line so it tapers as a line would from a pen or a pencil leaving the paper.   Good cell shading, youll have to give me some tips sometime, I cant seem to do cell.  Soft shading I got down tho!  Maybe we could do a collab sometime ? :D

Oh and the MEtan jammies are exactly as I imagined hers.  The are very close to what I had for 98 tan, tho hers had little flying boxes (via superman style!) printed on hers.  Tho personality wise with their child like personalities it fits them both (as where say 3.1 I drew with something frilly with ribbons to match her gothic style, or xp who would probobly sleep damn near naked, or maybe an over sixed t shirt)

On one last note.. it wouldnt load ealier today.. but now your picture is loading just fine -.-

Thank you kindly, Captain.  ^__^

Sorry, though PalmOS is much newer and better recognized today than Amiga, I still should have provided a little information regarding this particular operating system.  You can read the usual Wiki summary here if you'd like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmos

But in short, PalmOS is the operating system for the famous line of Palm PDAs (otherwise known as "Palm Pilots", among other things), the first ever mass-produced commercial PDAs.  It was a completely proprietary operating system, neither Windows-based nor Unix-like, and revolutionary for its time given how cool the concept of ultra-portable computing was for many people.  The software was fairly reliable and the Palm fanbase is still strong, but despite that Palm did very poorly in keeping up with the times.  Eventually, Microsoft mass-marketed Pocket PCs (powered by several variants of Windows CE) and though they were inferior at first, they quickly surpassed Palm in functionality and aesthetics.  It didn't help that Palm took forever to release OS6 and even then the OS was still not modern-enough to compete head-to-head with Pocket PCs.  Now the development of PalmOS is being handled by a different company, and the new approach seems to be to redevelop it as a Linux-based platform.

Thank you for the your kind words, btw.  ^__^
You're almost right about the Pen tool -- around the time I entered my artistic hiatus 2 years ago, I did in fact experiment with Photoshop's Pen tool to produce my last illustrations.  The results were better than what I previously produced with raster techniques, but the lines were still not completely sharp as you would find in cel illustrations, nor was the tool very comfortable to use.  Adobe could make the tool better, but I guess they want to keep it a pain-in-the-rear to coax you into buying Illustrator.  ^___^'
End result was that I still took forever to produce my drawings and that helped contribute to my inevitable loss of motivation.

I'm flattered that you'd like me to offer some tips; even if you think the results are worth some praise, I should still disclaim that I'm still relatively new at all this.  Without producing more drawings and adding new OS-tans, I only risk sounding like a smart-ass.  -__-'

But if I can give you at least a handful of tips that can help you with cel-shading, the first I would offer is that Photoshop's Pen tool is not that good with vector graphics (which are invaluable for inking).  A dedicated program like Illustrator or CorelDraw are much better suited, although I personally recommend Inkscape:

http://www.inkscape.org/

Like SleepyD once said, "It's like the Pen Tool on steroids"; plus it's easy enough to use right off the bat, apart from being free (thank goodness for Linux!).  It helped me produce that angular style (that you described with the tapering) quckly and efficiently, among other things such as being able to modify the line width.  
For Amiga-tan,....

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?t=171

...I soft-shaded about 10% of her in Photoshop, mostly on her tote.  With PalmOS-tan, I cut that down to almost 3%, mainly to touch-up, and add complex raster graphics such as the Palm logo, the calculator, PDA buttons and the "ME" decals.  
This helped reduce time considerably (a big thing for me), but it's important to also keep in mind two very important things about vector graphics:

1)  It's more sculpting than actual drawing.  Inkscape has a freeform Pen tool that's very useful for real artists, but since I'm working on a time budget and have an unsteady hand, I don't mind simply placing coordinates and bending them to the desired shape with the program's version of the Pen tool.  In most circles, this would be considered "cheating".  ^___^'

2)  Vector graphics are good ONLY for cel-shading.  If you prefer something rich, elaborate and more manga-style, then raster (soft-shading) is still your best bet.  Again, my goal is to produce these things quickly and cheaply (and not let detail consume my life again), so my approach is to try and think like an Anime producer:

a)  be systematic, and
  b)  don't be afraid to C-H-E-A-T!).  ^_________^'

Time is an issue with me and probably with you as well, but despite that I WOULD like to try a collaborated effort at some point.  I hear you'd like to put Windows 3.1-tan on a Winamp skin, for instance.  ^.^
Not only do I like Windows 3.1 myself (even though I'll be traitor and include a Windows 2.0-tan in my next pic... Ã,¬_Ã,¬), but I would PAY to see her don some llama ears for once!  ^w^

Sorry for the long post.  Better let you reply before I ramble on some more.  ^____^;
BTW, do you have those pictures you described in this forum?  I'd like to see them.  ^.^

CaptBrenden

Hehehe winampwinampwinamp... it really whoops the lamas ass!  I love that sound clip!  I wont be making any skins for at least the next month as I am still deployed and im using a gove comp I cant download editing programs onto.  I also would want to make a custom pic for it to... *contemplates pic ideas...*  

As for long posts, check out the one I just dropped in the Digi Com story thread, its a doozy!  Heck you wrote your post durring the time it took to write mine!  

Here Ill just post my showcase pic (at the moment its my manum opis, I have yet to put this much effort into one pic again and this is about a year old) Some of the older members around are gonna roll their eyes cus I allways whip out this preticular pic when someone asks about my art, but Im just so damn proud of it!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/15202780/

EGADS! My dinner is getting cold! Must type faster, or eat and type with one hand! I can type one handed! Ive had penty of practice while looking at 95 pics... er um I mean... doh!  

Back to the pic.  this was done (exept for the original sketch) compleatly 100% in photoshop.  I love photoshop.. ive never used other then it tho... so maybe im just doing it the hard way.  If the other programs are really as easy to use as you say, my productivity should increase 10 fold if thats true.

Actually, I feel stupid for offering help now... all that stuff you just said... I was like.... dur.    You sound far more knowlageable then me in my 5 years of doing it (tho I didnt spend much of that time shooting guns kicking in doors and yelling drop you weapons or I will shoot in arabic..)

Honestly all i know is photoshop, but then again... in photoshop I have electronic screen tone so I can do traditional manga style.. i dont know if those other programs can support that....

oh and I forgot to mention, your P chan avatar rocks by the way,  even tho ryoga is kinda a knubskull.   And you love 3.1 so like, your now one of my favorite posters!

C-Chan

fufu, VIVA 3.1-TAN!!!  ^V^

(Just to be clear, she's really only my favorite Windows OS-tan.  My favorite of all canon OS-tan is the lovely Fedora-tan.  ^.^)
(Oh, and if I allowed non-canon,... hehe, then it'd be Amiga-tan.  ^____^;)
(But 3.1-tan still r0x!  ^_-)

Tell you what I'll do then.  I'll scout out the technical details for producing Winamp skins when I get the chance; I used to make them before, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to bring myself up-to-date.  That way, when you're ready, you'll only need to supply the artwork and everything will take care of itself!   ^___^  

Hopefully....  ^___^'

And what's this I hear about a long post....?  '_'

*walks off to neighboring thread*

*returns*

SWEET HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP, YOU'RE RIGHT!!!  @o@
*bows and grovels*  I'M NOT WORTHY!!!!!!  THY POST IS JUST TOO MIGHTY!!!!  PLEASE FORGIVE MY PETULANCE!!  ;^0^;

Although in fairness, I used to write longer ones WaaaAAAAaaay back in my youth.  ^_-
But I've tried real-hard to kick that habit (more time for drawing, that way).  ^__^

(BTW, I'll check out the digital comic thread in greater detail later, but it might be too late for me to participate.  -_-')
(I'm already too deeply invested in a de facto storyline/setting for all the new OS-tans I have planned.  All 40+, I'm afraid...  ^__^')

Come to think about it, I HAVE seen your showcase pic before (and I somehow forgot you were a Deviant...  ^-^).  But you should be proud of it since it does show the awesome care and time investment that went into it.  So you're right, I didn't have to tell you about vector vs. raster; you already appreciate the rich and realistic detail that you can get out of meticulous Photoshop work.  And I especially love the detail on the mech suit; so often we admire the nauseating detail of Japanese mecha too much, that we forget we have equally-capable talent domestically!  ^___^

In fairness, I've been drawing (and, occasionally, 3D sculpting) for well over five years, though not necessarily in the Anime style (and all self-taught, so not formally an artist).  Regardless, you shouldn't feel ashamed to offer to collaborate.  There are many in which a joint effort can be carried out, besides the fact that artwork is malleable -- there's no doubt that we'd both can learn a lot through collaboration.  The only real obstacle is time.  ^^'

I COULD use a lot of help fleshing out more ideas for additional OS-tans.  ^^'
Not to be shameless, but There's currently an open thread that I desperately need feedback on before I begin desiging an OS/2-tan for my next pic:

http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?t=177

Plus I have a design concept for Windows 2.0-tan, but no set personality.  I want to make sure that 3.1-sama remains the coolest and most capable of the prototype Windows sisters, so the last thing I want is to make 2.0 a clone of 3.1 (or, chronologically-speaking, the other way around... ^__^')

Windows 1.0-tan, on the other hand, is set but just not ready to be deployed in any of my pics until MUCH MUCH later.  
(Once I know it's safe to expand on the Windows line-up....)  ^^;

Manga Studio can probably make use of your screen toning, but I don't really like the program in my opinion.  It's really just like Photoshop Lite, only with paintbrush tools that better simulate real ones and traditional manga decals.  Unless the screen tones are simply layered bitmaps and not plug-ins, you probably won't be able to use them with Inkscape.  But on the OTHER hand, since Inkscape is open-source, you can technically CODE that feature in there (if you know what you're doing, which I certainly would not.... ^___^')

Oh, and glad you like my avatar, although I cheated on that too.  It took me only a minute to create for obvious reasons (Copy off Google=>Paste into photoshop=>Contrast=>Hue/Saturation=>Crop=>Save=>Upload to unsuspecting masses=>MWAHAHA!)  ^0^
One day I'll probably just draw my own pig, though.  -v-

But don't draw attention away from your avatar -- it rolls as well as rocks!!  ^v^
And then people ask me why I like 3.1-tan, when clearly the force is with HER and not her over-exposed sisters.  `v'

'Kay, better leave it at that.  ^__^
Thank you again Captain for the chat and for making Palm-tan feel welcomed.  
In appreciation, I'll see about sneaking in 3.1-tan in my next pic....  ^_-

CaptBrenden

Dnagnabbit I cant see it again!! What blasphemy is this?  I demand to see the goddess now!  -.- seems photobucked images are blocked durring working hours.  

Cool beans, let me know, and Ill continue to contemplate 3.1 images (tho there is at least 1 or 2 existing that might work well too...)

Hey, what can I say, when I get on a roll, I get butter on my pants... er I mean I write alot.  Its still open for people to joing but only if you got time -.-  I know its hard to pull away from prior obligations.

Thank you for your complements.  Mecha is my specialty so far (actually Digi Com is gonna be hard because im not used to drawing anime without mecha...)  so we are both new in that aspect.  I may not be a deviant for much longer.. they are getting.... gay... new submision policys and agreements have already driven alot of my friends away.

Have fun creating your new os tans but be carefull! Be sure to check throughly for preexisting ones before you create one or else you might offend the original creaters.  Last night I was contemplating a google tan, but I did a search and did indeed find a pre existing design.

Sorry, got cut off there due to work.  And now the picture works! and that Is so rock! if ONLY it were bigger! That would be one of my favorite of her, the only one better would be the one where dos is pulling her ribbons off... XD I must highly debate croping that one for avatar use...

Still like I said before, a collab would be cool sometime,   maybe two.. we both sketch something and the other one colors it thier style!  

Anyhow, now Im all pyked to draw again, Ill have to do some tonight!  tho not to much, cus I have to man the wall at midnight and I need sleep if Im gonna keep an ever vigilant eye out for the enemy.

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-Chan

Hello everyone.

Production speed improved a little since Amiga-tan.  
But due to some other pressing tasks and my stubborness to add more than one character this time,  I'm actually not done with this pic yet.  
Therefore, since I overshot my deadline and probably won't get to this again in a week, I figured I should post what I have now since all that really remains are additional characters in the background.

So here goes,....

Gambette ne, Palm-tan!!  ^o^

In case this image freaks you out, please keep in mind that PalmOS-tan's concept is based off the manga/anime series called "Midori Days".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_Days

It was the best way I could find to pay homage to the whole "palm of your HAND" theme.

Being that Windows CE is already a fairy, I decided to make Palm-tan a genie.  
Pick up the magic stylus and she appropriates your hand for herself (Me-tan happens to be the unfortunate host today).  
She'll stay there only until she grants you three wishes, after which she disappears to find another host.

Despite her size and awkward "placement", she's actually quite "handy" (*snicker*), intelligent and resourceful,... just as long as you don't make any of those three wishes.  
If so, you'll just get excuses, procrastination, LONG delays, and (if you're lucky) half-assed results.  

She has some control over where her magic stylus appears, so for obvious reasons you'll never see it near the likes of Dr. Norton.

And despite being friendly and receptive to most OS-tans, she and Windows CE are MORTAL enemies.  
Encounters never lead to anything besides a quick skirmish or an epic battle (and almost always at the expense of Palm-tan's host).

Well, that should quickly cover her background.  ^__^

And hopefully ME-fans will enjoy her new 'jammies....  ^^'

Nice one! I believe this is the best one you've got so far...

C-Chan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Dnagnabbit I cant see it again!! What blasphemy is this?  I demand to see the goddess now!  -.- seems photobucked images are blocked durring working hours.  

Cool beans, let me know, and Ill continue to contemplate 3.1 images (tho there is at least 1 or 2 existing that might work well too...)

Hey, what can I say, when I get on a roll, I get butter on my pants... er I mean I write alot.  Its still open for people to joing but only if you got time -.-  I know its hard to pull away from prior obligations.

Thank you for your complements.  Mecha is my specialty so far (actually Digi Com is gonna be hard because im not used to drawing anime without mecha...)  so we are both new in that aspect.  I may not be a deviant for much longer.. they are getting.... gay... new submision policys and agreements have already driven alot of my friends away.

Have fun creating your new os tans but be carefull! Be sure to check throughly for preexisting ones before you create one or else you might offend the original creaters.  Last night I was contemplating a google tan, but I did a search and did indeed find a pre existing design.

Sorry, got cut off there due to work.  And now the picture works! and that Is so rock! if ONLY it were bigger! That would be one of my favorite of her, the only one better would be the one where dos is pulling her ribbons off... XD I must highly debate croping that one for avatar use...

Still like I said before, a collab would be cool sometime,   maybe two.. we both sketch something and the other one colors it thier style!  

Anyhow, now Im all pyked to draw again, Ill have to do some tonight!  tho not to much, cus I have to man the wall at midnight and I need sleep if Im gonna keep an ever vigilant eye out for the enemy.

Yo, Captain!  ^.^
Here, give me a sec....

*scratches off "Signing up with DeviantArt" from his To Do list*

There, that's a load off my shoulders.  ^___^;
Thank ye very mucho!  ^.^

Oh, and I know she's very powerful and stuff, but you needn't be too polite enough to call Palm-tan a goddess.  *snickers*  Just "genie" will do... *snickers*
HARHARHARHAR!!!!!  ^V^

*ROTFLOL*

Nah, just kidding.  Course, Me-tan's billboard-sized face does make her look like a goddess, but I KNOW you're referring to She of the Purple Hair.  The original image IS bigger (I got it off of Waka), but I just shrunk it down so as to not swamp the post.  Clearly, I should bow my head in shame for doing that.  -___-'

'Kay, I'll repost tomorrow with a bigger 3.1-tan.  ^___^'

As far as searching for preexisting designs, you got it captain!  Will do!  *snap salute*  ^__^\

No, but seriously I did try to do that with Amiga-tan.  I had poor DarkKnight search high-and-low for any preexisting Amiga-tan I might have missed; once the search came out fruitless, I had the go ahead to deploy my own.

Admittedly, I didn't do that for Palm-tan just because I seriously could not find one anywhere (and her OS is too new to be a simple nostalgia trip like with Amiga).

I like to adhere by the Golden Rule -- if I really want people to consider propagating my designs, I should be ready and willing to return the favor in kind.  Plus it's easier too -- ME-tan took only a quarter of the time I spent drawing Palm-tan, since her design already existed.  The other characters I'm planning for the rest of the Palm-tan picture above will be composed mainly of rare canon OS-tans, including THE MOST OBSCURE [barely] canon Windows OS-tan of them all!!!  [20 points if you can guess who she is!]  

It's great to contemplate the possibility that I might be the second artist ever to depict her -- if enough people can follow the lead, she might even deserve her own thumbnail on Wikipedia!  ^-^

That does it, now you've got me pyked as well!  I VOW to complete the Palm-tan picture by the end of this week!  I wanna let it be known that I support other people's original OS-tan's 100%!!  Let's draw (once we both have the chance, of course...  ^__^') and pave the way for a new OS-TAN REVIVAL!!!  A RENAISSANCE!!!!!  CRY HAVOC!!! AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF,....um,... Art.....  Ã,¬_Ã,¬'

But anyway, the sooner I get that pic done, the faster I can get to that winamp tinkering and my next picture, which will be my most ambitious one to date.  Features lots of old and new OS-tans, mainly PC-DOS-tan, but also introducing Apple II-tan, Win2.0-tan, Commodore-tan, FreeDOS-tan, OS/2-tan,....

[shameless plug]
http://ostan.blackdiam.net/viewtopic.php?t=177

...and a lot of parodies of Serial Experiments Lain and Chobits.

So I'll try my best to not let y'all down and I can see you're more than willing to do the same.  ^-^
Thanks again, Captain!  For helping keep the OS-tan movement alive and strong!!  (While everyone else has moved on to Cigarette-tans.....  Ã,¬_Ã,¬')

Take care!  Watch your back!

C-Chan added the following  4 minutes after last message :

Quote from: "Alfamille"Nice one! I believe this is the best one you've got so far...

Hey Alfamille!  ^__^
Thank you, I would hope it's the best so far since she's barely just my second new OS-tan.  I figured stand-alone new OS-tans will have a tougher time gaining candidacy status, so I enlisted the help of ME-tan for that.  ^.^

Still not done, though -- hope you like the extra characters I vowed to the Captain I would add by the end of the week.  ^__-

BTW, have you ever used a Palm PDA before?  There are a few Easter eggs that Palm-users may or may not recognize.  'v'

Alfamille

Quote from: "Alfamille"Nice one! I believe this is the best one you've got so far...

Hey Alfamille!  ^__^
Thank you, I would hope it's the best so far since she's barely just my second new OS-tan.  I figured stand-alone new OS-tans will have a tougher time gaining candidacy status, so I enlisted the help of ME-tan for that.  ^.^

Still not done, though -- hope you like the extra characters I vowed to the Captain I would add by the end of the week.  ^__-

BTW, have you ever used a Palm PDA before?  There are a few Easter eggs that Palm-users may or may not recognize.  'v'

I have never used a Palm yet, but I saw a lot of it from my officemates especially the executives. I believe one of them uses Palm TX...

CaptBrenden

Ciggerett tans O.o  what blasphemy is this?   I thought the aircraft tans were bad... I mean.. one of the things I love about the OS tans is that their design and personality is designed after the os, not just thier looks.  You can just slap a couple of plane parts on a girl and call her a tan... I mean what about that conveys that the A-10 thunderbolt 2 is a low flying tank killing heavy duty machine that can take massive damage and still fly?  Its just a cute girl.  Or a ciggerett tan,  does she smell bad and make your breath smell bad after you kiss her?  Does knowing her lower your lifespan and give you cancer?  I mean seriosly WTF?

IN other news WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE COME ON WHEN IM NOT HERE?!?! GAAAAHHHH!!!

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : CaptBrenden

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE COME ON WHEN IM NOT HERE?!?! GAAAAHHHH!!!

LOL im here...(you sir) must;ve been stressed today)

QuoteBut anyway, the sooner I get that pic done, the faster I can get to that winamp tinkering and my next picture, which will be my most ambitious one to date. Features lots of old and new OS-tans, mainly PC-DOS-tan, but also introducing Apple II-tan....

Dont forget Apple system 6 and 7 LOL!

CaptBrenden

yeah you could say that -.-  sleep, I dont need no stinking sleep.

the yelling about whos on line comes form the fact ive been on night duty hear the last 2 night checking the forum reguraly and inventing new things to post and no one replys..... for 2 days... I was so lonesome...

C-Chan

QuoteCiggerett tans O.o what blasphemy is this? I thought the aircraft tans were bad... I mean.. one of the things I love about the OS tans is that their design and personality is designed after the os, not just thier looks. You can just slap a couple of plane parts on a girl and call her a tan... I mean what about that conveys that the A-10 thunderbolt 2 is a low flying tank killing heavy duty machine that can take massive damage and still fly? Its just a cute girl. Or a ciggerett tan, does she smell bad and make your breath smell bad after you kiss her? Does knowing her lower your lifespan and give you cancer? I mean seriosly WTF?

Nope, as far as I can tell, these -tans are simply offering the tobacco industry new ideas for market venues.  Cute cartoons for the kiddies, sweet knockers for the adolescents, enticing poses for the,... Well, you get the idea.  -___-'

You're right, most of these designs really are getting too formulaic.  I'm not one to talk since I want to mass-produce new OS-tans, but at least I'll TRY to make them faithful to their respective systems and give each one a backstory (the goal being to set up additional OS "factions" beyond just Windows and Apple, for use in possible future storylines).

Anyway, I'd send you a link to the cigarette-tan thread on Waka, but the last thing I want is to make you lose your dinner.  ^__^'
Oh, and it'd probably be a bad time to mention that there are Country-tans now too.  -___-;

Dont forget Apple system 6 and 7 LOL!

You know (and you'd be the perfect person to ask), I WAS wondering if there are supposed to be additional Apple OS-tans or not.  After all, each and every major Windows release is depicted (at least since 3.1), but only a generic Mac, OS9 and a colorful assortment of different OS X girls represent the Mac line.  Does this mean that OS 9-tan and Mac-tan are different characters, and if so does Mac-tan just roll up ALL releases of Macintosh since version 1.0 in 1984?  (I kinda did the same thing for Amiga -- I love her to bits, but I ain't making an Amiga 1.x, 2.x, 3.x,...)

Apple II-tan, though, will be different as she's hardcore vintage AND is (surprisingly-enough) not related at all to the Macintosh line.  In fact back in the 80's, many fans of the Apple II system were ready to crucify Apple for essentially abandoning them and placing all their bets on this revolutionary (but expensive) new system called "Macintosh".  

That's why I'm making her a disenfranchised OS-tan, and like Windows 1.0-tan and 2.0-tan, they all live with other vintage OS-tans instead of with their respective families.  I do have a name for their "faction", but it won't make sense unless you've watched Haibane Renmei.  '__'

C-Chan added the following  3 hours 38 minutes after last message :

Here ya go, Captain.  Tell me if that's not big enough....  ^___^

Except for the missing shoulder pad, it kinda reminds me of an archery uniform.