THE SPANISH INQUISITION RETURNS WITH YET ANOTHER, FALL ANIME SEASON

Started by NejinOniwa, August 11, 2014, 08:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Indeed :\
Makes me sad that the joke list was just a joke; as I'm sure Yatsuba, Pirate Gundam, and Cowboy Bebop Season 2 would be infinitely better than anything coming out now ;_;

NejinOniwa

Adaptations of games that aren't GOOD VN's (like Steins;) or similarly adaptable story works are part of the cancer that's killing anime. Not to mention all the "HURR WE HAVE MONEY LET'S MAKE AN ANIME FOR OUR CARD GAME/TOYS/FUCKING SUPER SONICO", that's just pure and unadulterated shit.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 17, 2014, 10:08:52 PM
"An anime adaptation of the mobile game "Girlfriend (Kari)", a game where the player has a girlfriend, has been announced."

You know what.  Never.  Mind.

omg, that quote made me laugh way too hard.

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 18, 2014, 04:19:10 AM
Adaptations of games that aren't GOOD VN's (like Steins;) or similarly adaptable story works are part of the cancer that's killing anime. Not to mention all the "HURR WE HAVE MONEY LET'S MAKE AN ANIME FOR OUR CARD GAME/TOYS/FUCKING SUPER SONICO", that's just pure and unadulterated shit.

Ah yes, the dreaded Hasbro Syndrome.

At least we still have Gainax, Trigger and SHAFT to count on ......... maybe?

Chocofreak13

MadHouse is helping, too. for some reason it's like they CAN'T put out crap.

Hasbro Syndrome is one of the big reasons i've been getting less and less incensed with anime these days, though. they will make an anime based off anything (LITERALLY ANYTHING) and while SOME of it sounds cool (Busou Shinki, Black Rock Shooter?), most of it just turns out to be crap (Hatoful Boyfriend: The Animation).

thankfully there are still tons of unknown series from past years to watch, such as Kurenai, Kaiba and Crystal Blaze.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Wait wait wait...Sega's basically just remaking Hyperdimension Neptunia? Even though they had a hand in that project? (I mean Neptune herself from that series is an official -tan for the unreleased Sega Neptune :\ )

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 18, 2014, 04:06:16 PM
... most of it just turns out to be crap (Hatoful Boyfriend: The Animation).

Not gonna lie, I would totally watch a decent anime involving handsome pigeons or moe alpacas. >_>

Chocofreak13

@pent: i just searched for some of the weirdest, most asinine-basis anime i could find, and found that.
@bells: yeah, i would too, probably. and give it time, it may happen. >>;
click to make it bigger

Exa

To be honest, my attention towards the next season is centered on sequels (of Log Horizon, Chaika and WIXOSS), but knowing myself, I will end up trying to pick something way out of my common interests, which may or may not end up actually decent.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Exa

Heh, yeah, I ended up drifting back here.

Anyways, just as I tend to to pick up something out of my comfort zone and liking it, I am also prone to pick stuff up based on its visuals then realizing it's not as hot stuff as it looked first, even when the genre listing is an obvious sign that I am less likely to enjoy them, haha.

Chocofreak13

whenever i pick a new series, i go solely on the synopsis. if it sounds interesting and engaging, i could care less about all other factors (and even if the voices/music/physics suck, it's an opportunity to make fun of them). the thing that irks me is when there's a series that looks AMAZING on the outside, but as soon as you open the wrapper it's nothing but tits. ><;
click to make it bigger

Exa

Oh yeah, I know that feel. Sometimes they manage to hide the lacking plot in decent-sounding description, but then you realize after a few episodes that it doesn't exactly meet your expectations, in which case you either drop the show or keep up till the end. Earlier, I was more prone to giving up on stuff, but nowadays I have that feel that maybe it gets better after a point (most of the time, it doesn't).

NejinOniwa

I feel it's always a good thing to look at the voice actors and the studio, if only to know how much hype to throw at something.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I only investigate a series after I hear critical feedback, or a friend with good taste in anime recommends it.

It does suck when something sounds good in premise / art style and then turns out to be crap, though. :|

Chocofreak13

typically after i download a series, i keep it, even if it's utter crap. it's a rare day i delete anime (and it has to be REALLY bad.....i mean, i've held onto I My Me! Strawberry Eggs, and that show doesn't even deserve to be called entertainment). the one exception is Kingdom, which was a combination of 1. weird art style (it was something between traditional and poorly-done CG made to look like traditional), 2. lack of interest in the plot (if it were shorter, i would have tackled it, which leads us to), 3. length (it's something like....77 episodes, and possibly still going?), and 4. the subs i had were done by hadena, and i cleared it out in the purge.

@nej: sometimes this can be a bad thing for me, though, as i'm liable to latch onto anything Madhouse produces even if it only marginally interests me. :I
click to make it bigger