What phone/smart device are you using?

Started by DustiiWolf, January 20, 2014, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 25, 2014, 09:30:36 AM
You will realize the error of your statement when you've gotten used to not being cr@ppled.

P. much.

Not to mention the better battery life, bigger screen, higher resolution and quite possibly faster processor (depending on the model).

Chocofreak13

guys, why the hell are we going to get into a pissing contest

i know several people with idevices and we're all reasonably happy with ours. just the same, i know people reasonably happy with their androids.

all you're serving to do is make yourselves look like dicks here, i'm getting rather pissed at you.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

If bells is looking like a dick, she's gonna have a problem
WITH HERSELF
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 25, 2014, 12:00:02 PM
If bells is looking like a dick, she's gonna have a problem
WITH HERSELF

BA-DUM-TSCH

Also, we would be MAJOR ASSHOLES if Leafy-san already owned an iPhone and we were berating him for it.

Because you don't berate people for the computers/devices they own.

We're simply pointing that Galaxy Notes are actually good phones/tablets and that he shouldn't feel bad for having one.

Chocofreak13

fair enough, but you're also forgetting that I HAVE AN IPHONE AND AM QUITE HAPPY WITH IT.

happier than i'd be with an android, anyway. >>;
click to make it bigger

LeaflameSD

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 25, 2014, 09:30:36 AM
You will realize the error of your statement when you've gotten used to not being cr@ppled.
go away

Xi Wang chan

A tiny cute LG-L3X n_____n...

Chocofreak13

*TACKLES XI WANG* WELCOME BACK
ALSO THAT PHONE IS PRETTY CUTE MAN
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That looks like a phone that we've sold a lot of at work. A very nice phone :3

LeaflameSD

Krizonar

Quote from: LeaflameSD on August 31, 2014, 07:55:20 AM
Guess who just got an iPhone 5C :^)
Oh I know this one!

Uh, you? :P have fun with it!

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on August 31, 2014, 01:08:49 AM
I don't have a smartphone, and never have! I just have a basic flip phone, a Samsung model, but I don't know the specific model. I don't know if I have practical use for a smartphone to justify paying for the data plan and other expenses every month yet. I have a tablet, a Kindle Fire HD, but I mainly use it for reading stuff on the internet.

My dad has a Kindle Fire HD but he hardly ever uses it so I've adopted it. I mostly use it for web browsing and manga-reading...

As far as (non-smart)phones go, I had a flip phone until 2012. Stew's still using one too. Smartphones are hardly as necessary as the media would have you believe, although they are quite handy.

Nichi

Indeed. I love Flonne III, but the one thing she'll never top Flonne II in is battery life and portability; II was easy to slip into a pocket and not have an issue, and could go for weeks on end on a single charge, while III usually lasts about a day and a half on a single charge if I don't do much and is a bit bulky to carry in my poket

SleepyD

Quote from: Bella on August 31, 2014, 03:15:02 PM
My dad has a Kindle Fire HD but he hardly ever uses it so I've adopted it. I mostly use it for web browsing and manga-reading...

As far as (non-smart)phones go, I had a flip phone until 2012. Stew's still using one too. Smartphones are hardly as necessary as the media would have you believe, although they are quite handy.
Smartphones are one of those things where you either go "eh" or "where have you been all my life!?" I have a feeling tablet computers are also in that similar category--it depends on what uses the person finds for it.

As for me, I didn't use it much before, but now I study kanji on it, use it to place my to do list, develop programs for it, tweet, chat, play games, even remotely control my desktop computer with it (this will kill any meager data plan, btw), etc etc. So yeah, this phone is getting a lot of use from me.

Chocofreak13

@genpop: what sleepy said. i never thought i needed a smartphone and when i got one never pictured myself getting nearly as much use out of it as i do now. i've used it to keep in contact when my computer went down. to track my calories to help lose weight, as an alarm clock, day planner, minor library, for games, for my music (now that Gothpod is dead), movies, i've studied language on there, i keep some recipes on there......

and i don't even use it as a phone.

@aurora: you don't have to have a plan to have one of these. i bought mine off my sister and now use it as a sort of a glorified ipod touch. (bonus points since the iphone has GPS capabilities, but ipod touches don't) -w-

@leaf: *brofist* 8)
click to make it bigger