Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Quote from: DustiiWolf on January 22, 2014, 01:17:10 PM
Is it the glass part that cracked, or the actual screen?[/spoiler]
The glass part is broken.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: LeaflameSD on January 22, 2014, 01:54:18 PM
The glass part is broken.

unless its shattered beyond belief, I'm surprised its unusable. My 521 has a cracked digitizer yet it works just fine. I'm using it to type this post, in fact
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Chocofreak13

smartphone cracks are a tricky thing.....you can have a tiny crack and the phone becomes useless, or you can have what happened to me, where the spidercracks are so bad that touching it results in glass shards in your finger, yet the phone still works fine.

also, GT is my iphone, GP is my ipod. GT's screen is fucked up, so I need to buy a replacement, but otherwise he's fine. GP is beginning to have serious whitescreen issues where it seems that she is on her way out. (*sniffle*)

Kriz, Bella, if you're reading this, advice. NOW.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 22, 2014, 11:53:03 PM
Kriz, Bella, if you're reading this, advice. NOW.
Now?

For a whitescreen on an iPod Nano, turn the hold switch off then hold the menu and center button down together for about 10 seconds. It should show the Apple boot screen and be fixed when it works. Sometimes you'll need to do it more than once, though.

Nichi

She's already tried that multiple times, so is there some other fix; like maybe if she reflashes the firmware via iTunes?

Krizonar

You could always delete everything on it by formatting it and then restoring it, yeah.

Chocofreak13

already tried that. restored and synced with Loly. still doing it.

funny thing is, sometimes it'll work, then get the whitescreen, but still be able to play music. sometimes it comes back from that, sometimes it has another seizure.
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Sounds like it is just sadly on its way out then as it would be a hardware difficulty of some kind.

Chocofreak13

*le sigh* I figured, I just didn't want to believe it.

how will I know when it is officially dead? it just won't turn on?

EDIT: hey pent, how much would a nano 5th gen go for at your work? (also, that'd be used, right?)
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Nichi

@Kari: That sucks :[
As for pricing, a 5th gen 16GB will cost $53.99, while an 8GB from the same gen will be $44.99. These being the "scratch & scuff" pricing (They're used, but still guaranteed to work and cheaper than the prettier used ones. For the record, my sister's iPod Classic is a scratch & scuff, but all the wear is on the backside), before sales tax and my discount (Which IDK if my discount works on iPods. I'll ask tomorrow night, but I think it works for everything except gift cards and new consoles)

Chocofreak13

good to know. I might consider getting a GothPod IV after my birthday.
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I found a lumia 810 with very few bids on ebay, but its blacklisted.

Is it possible to, in the event the device is NOT stolen, have the IEMI unblacklisted or changed? Anyone know?
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Dr. Kraus

I guess I'll post my stuff:

1) Samsung Galaxy Note AT&T I717 (unlocked and on T-Mobile)
              Running:
                      - Nova Launcher Free w/ MIUI v5 Icon Theme
                      - Widget Locker (paid app)

Most Used Apps:
                      - feedly
                      - DoubleTwist Player
                      - Alarm
                      - Instagram
                      - Portable Wi-fi hotspot
                      - Valkyrie Crusade
                      - Twitter

2) Lenovo Miix 2 (this is really just a computer but whatever)
                       black Lenovo magnetic cover & Argus stylus

Chocofreak13

cool stuff bro. never thought of listing my most used apps.

90% of what I do on my iphone now is games. xD;

in the past, I've also used it for a fitness app, language apps, convention schedules and an alarm clock. other stuff too, such as cute anime boys whispering sweet nothings into my ear.
come to think of it, I should tell sis to download guidebook.
also, I adore shazam and it has greatly impressed me in the past.
click to make it bigger