On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winduko

/bump

Yamada-san's theme is the Friends theme song and no one can convince me otherwise.

I don't do theme songs at all, but that song fits my portrayal of her so much that I have to do it this once.

Chocofreak13

hrm

as the one who knows the most about her here, i'd be inclined to give her something more officey or plain (like elevator music) but given that she lives with a motley crew (WE-tan, Astaroth, Spider Man), and works with one too (2k-kun, Eigyouseki, WE-tan), the Friends theme may be appropriate. :0
click to make it bigger

winduko

Ahh. I was talking about the lyrics and how they fit her. At least in how I portray her.

Yamada-san is the mother of two daughters and is divorced. She's not technically a single parent, as she does live with WE-tan, Astaroth, and Spider-Man, so her daughters have three other parental figures who aren't their mom, but daddy is never seen. Her job is a joke (unfortunately, office lady is not a job of high prestige), and if she were to live alone, she'd pretty much be broke, even considering potential alimony on top of her job.

Though what you say is very true. Her friends are there for her, and she's there for them, so there's the happier side of the song.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 30, 2014, 01:52:31 AM
@Bella: Xenix-tan reminds me of Roberta from Black Lagoon.

Just what I was thinking!

Quote from: winduko on July 06, 2014, 08:35:04 AM
I don't do theme songs at all, but that song fits my portrayal of her so much that I have to do it this once.

Really? Didn't you post a bunch of theme songs awhile back? ^_^;

Can't say I know much about Yamada but I get what you're saying. ^^

So, I have this headcanon that Multics-tan is good with modern technology, at least better than the average -tan of her era. I see her as being quite fond of smartphones and cloud computing, considering them spiritual-descendants of the technology she herself pioneered.

Plus the mental image of Multics-tan tapping away on a smartphone is very cute.

Nichi

Kinda reminds me of a headcanon I have; about how OS9-tan is a fan of Android phones, due to her and Siri not getting along very well (Since OS9 can't sync with an iPhone) ^^;

winduko

Quote from: Bella on July 06, 2014, 09:23:38 PM
Really? Didn't you post a bunch of theme songs awhile back? ^_^;

Ah, no. I decided to mention what 95-tan's favourite songs are, and one of them happened to be her real life canonical theme song. I can see where the confusion comes from, as I finally got the guts to post here to mention that because people were talking about theme songs.

In unrelated news, I have very big news for those who care about Nijikaku and don't know where the hell it moved to. The section is spoilers mainly due to immense size and that not everyone here plays Nijikaku.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I found a new place to get the game. But the URL broke so you'll have for it to come back up or something. There is a significant update that came about a month ago. The significant update is more important if you ship Kyuurou and ME-tan because there is proof of it being canon (relatively speaking) in that update.

In that update, there are a few more characters, and one of them is Shisyo, an older version of ME-tan.

Also, there's a Vistan called Visko, who seems to be a cross of Yotsuba and ME-tan. Visko is the "7-tan" (admittedly an understandable mistake, as she has Nanami's symbol on her shirt) in this comic. The fact that she's with Shisyo/ME and Kyuurou implies that Visko is their child.

Shisyo has friends (as well as husband and child) who help her after a bar at the near bottom-left hand corner of the area. A list of the other ones are under the spoiler. Note that there are gifs of each character under the spoiler.

[spoiler]

• Shisyo herself
  • Kyuurou
  • Visko
  • Hacchan
  • Secchan
  • 2k-tan
  • 2k-kun
  • ME-kun
  • 95-tan (This implies some sort of character development, as at the very least she does not hate Kyuurou.)
  • XP-tan

Like Kyuurou and ME-tan, the ones who are already playable, with the exception of Hacchan and XP-tan, who might look slightly different look notably different than an already existing playable version of them. 2k-kun had cameos within Nijikaku, but never truly appeared, and ME-kun never actually appeared.

Also, for a something funny,  Shishō  (which can be romanized, though oddly and with a mixture of methods, as Shisyo) could mean a master of some art, most notably martial arts.[/spoiler]

As for the technology thing, I now want to think about how the Windows-tans who are outdated and retired think of modern technology. The XP-tans would be fairly used to smartphones, due to still being supported and the OS still being widely used when they became a thing, and 95-tan being stuck in the 90s in my headcanon, would be outright confused by them, but that's all I can think of atm.

Chocofreak13

Shishou. also, YOU HAVE BOTH MY FANDOM AND GAMER JUICES FLOWING KODOMO

GODDAMN FATE AND MY INABILITY TO INSTALL PROGRAMS ON THIS THING ;^;

regardless, thankyou. this is fucking glorious. now to see if we can get it to work.

(also, depending on which school of thought you subscribe to, EmuKyo is canon. though that ISN'T their child, that's a rejected Vistan who came back in the 7-tan boss rush. i have never seen her referenced in ANY comics featuring either Emuii or Kyourou. and the file you linked to is broken, fix it please. )
click to make it bigger

winduko

That's odd. Guess I'll have to link the files directly.

Base Game
Characters 1-H
Characters I-R
Characters S-Z
Music

Also, Shisyo is not visible on the character selection screen. Her location is two rows below the bottom row.

The red line denotes the visibility border. Anything above or to the left of it is visible. Shisyo is two rows below that white person on the visible bottom row.

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on July 06, 2014, 10:35:58 PM
Kinda reminds me of a headcanon I have; about how OS9-tan is a fan of Android phones, due to her and Siri not getting along very well (Since OS9 can't sync with an iPhone) ^^;

OS9-tan and I would be on the same page in that case. x)

Not sure what Multics-tan's preferences would be. On one hand, she's a great aesthete and iPhones would probably appeal to her tastes in style. On the other I think she'd appreciate the flexibility/gadgety nature of Android phones. ^^

Quote from: winduko on July 06, 2014, 10:58:49 PMAh, no. I decided to mention what 95-tan's favourite songs are, and one of them happened to be her real life canonical theme song. I can see where the confusion comes from, as I finally got the guts to post here to mention that because people were talking about theme songs.

Ohhh, my bad! I remember now ... in fact I may've been the one who mentioned my theme songs in the first place. ^__^;;

QuoteAs for the technology thing, I now want to think about how the Windows-tans who are outdated and retired think of modern technology. The XP-tans would be fairly used to smartphones, due to still being supported and the OS still being widely used when they became a thing, and 95-tan being stuck in the 90s in my headcanon, would be outright confused by them, but that's all I can think of atm.

Sounds about right. With the exception of 3.1-tan, I can definitely see the 90s Windows-tans being stuck in the decade and not at all familiar with modern tech. Same goes for most of the other 80s and 90s-tans to be honest...

That said, I think Amiga-tan would be good with modern tech (as Amiga OS is still being developed) and possibly the other Commodore-tans as well.

Chocofreak13

95-tan being confused by technology is already much a canon thing. see: Deja Vu comics. -w-;

@kodomo: by "let's see if we can get it to work" i was referencing earlier versions of the game which were notoriously hard to install. it got so bad that i had to use the pre-stored copy here from like, 2006, 2007 or so because none of the current gens worked on my computer, only the OSC saved one did. >>;

regardless, given my laptop's state right now this is all a moot point~ : D
click to make it bigger

Bella

I hate it when they change something and an application no longer works. ><

Can we talk for a moment about how the Unices and Linuces are pretty much the illuminati of the OS-tan community:

—The Unices started off as a little bloodline descended from an ancient OS-tan tradition (old IBM and MIT via CTSS and Multics)

—Connected to conspiracy-theory magnet Bell Labs

—Possess old magic from said traditions that gave them an upper hand against other bloodlines/factions

—Arcane rules of conduct and philosophy

—Little regard for tradition (other than their own)

—Originated a hugely popular language based in part on said rules/philosophy (C language)

—Managed to take over much of the OS-tan community in the 70s. Even as their outward power waned in the 80s and 90s they held on to key positions behind-the-scenes. (Severs and supercomputers.)

—Managed to insert themselves into a prominent OS-tan faction (the Mac Family, via the OS X-tans and iOS) with few in the public even noticing

—Having failed to gain widespread public acceptance (adoption as a mainstream home computer OS), the Linuces took over the whole damned mobile market (well like half of it) with the public not-altogther-the-wiser (how many people realize or care Android, Chromium/Chrome, the Kindle, etc. are Linux-based.) They and the Unices (via the Mac Family) now compete for supremacy in said market.

Yes yes ... crack wise all you want about Unix being for nerds ... but the fact is they're everywhere. All the time. Watching. WAITING.

...maybe SAGE-tan was on to something all along.

Bella

My dear friends, I need to know something.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY WE DON'T HAVE A XEROX ALTO-TAN YET?!

It's one of the most significant systems in the history of computing, the conceptual mother of both Mac Classic AND Windows and probably had the biggest influence on making modern OSes (or rather GUIs) look like they do. Yet as far as I know the closest we've ever come is Xerox Star-tan. What the heck happened there?

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Oh you ...

Stew informed me that he thought he remembered an Alto-tan concept but I can't and a quick search of OSC didn't turn up anything. Am I misremembering things? Does anyone else know? ;^;

winduko

I know something!

She should exist. /nothelpful

I even know how to implement her in my project. How she'll be implemented is a huge spoiler, however.