On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

iOS tans definitely exist, but I don't think there is an accepted default one.

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Krizonar on December 03, 2013, 08:56:17 PM
iOS tans definitely exist, but I don't think there is an accepted default one.

I see...
Official -tans are my bat signal.

stewartsage

GENIAC in my stories does require an "operator" but that doesn't mean constant physical contact.

Scope is not dead CDC-tans.

As for how OS-tans are created in the universe that encompasses my stories and the parts I steal from C-chan/Bells/Aurora

Chocofreak13

there is an Android-tan, if I recall. search the gallery, I know she's in there. she has a white bodysuit(?) and green hair.

as for iOS, for the most part I think it defaults to siri-tan, and there are MANY versions of her. (the one I like the best is blonde with glasses and a mole. I know all the siri-tan pics are in the gallery.)
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 04, 2013, 08:50:39 PM
there is an Android-tan, if I recall. search the gallery, I know she's in there. she has a white bodysuit(?) and green hair.

as for iOS, for the most part I think it defaults to siri-tan, and there are MANY versions of her. (the one I like the best is blonde with glasses and a mole. I know all the siri-tan pics are in the gallery.)

Thank you!

Chocofreak13

np man. I also happen to know there is a windows phone-tan (outside of CE), so all the bases are covered, pretty much.

now, what i'd like to see is a Raspberry Pi-tan. -w-
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 05, 2013, 12:23:46 AM
I also happen to know there is a windows phone-tan (outside of CE)

As in WP7-tan, or Non-CE WP-tan (aka WP8-tan, who is based on NT)?

If the latter, link please.

Chocofreak13

windows phone 7-tan, the little girl with the blue hair. though I think I may have found some of the latter. too busy to uproot links atm, though.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on December 04, 2013, 01:34:16 AM
GENIAC in my stories does require an "operator" but that doesn't mean constant physical contact.

Scope is not dead CDC-tans.

As for how OS-tans are created in the universe that encompasses my stories and the parts I steal from C-chan/Bells/Aurora

Then what the hell is she stitched out of?

Yooooou're no funnnnnnnnnn.

Quote from: NejinOniwa on November 28, 2013, 11:50:41 PM
But essentially that stuff is what you're doing when you're taking parts of one tan's code and incorporating it into another. Results vary depending on the method, of course; but even so you're taking intrinsic parts of one -tan's soul and making it part of a new -tan. Homunculus anyone?

Okay, you got me there. Though I think of it less as using parts of their soul and more as using their "dna" (source code in the case of OS/software-tans and actual building schematics in the case of hardwares, I suppose) to create a new -tan.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on November 29, 2013, 03:39:34 PMthough tbh, if we're talking about mechanical computers vs software ones, i'm down for the puppet/living doll idea. when you think about it, computers existing outside of a virtual plane sounds almost like a shell sans a soul. the OS "soul" is what makes the hardware "body" function. so for a solely mechanical computer like HT-tan to work, she either operates under the same idea as Pinocchio, or has some external source to make her function (like a wind-up key, OS imbuing magic into her, etc etc).

that's just my two cents though, you do what you like for your stories. :3

Interesting thoughts!

NejinOniwa

Soul=dna in astral physics terms. But let me explain briefly how that works, courtesy of the EWAR lore machine.

BASICALLY: The -tans MANIFEST as the result of the assembly of a unique computer system, HARD- OR SOFTWARE. Either way you go at it, it is the construction AND EXECUTION of an unique type of code ON THE MATERIAL PLANE that creates, on what is known in OS-tan terminology as Open Space but in more magical contexts as the Astral Plane, a REPRESENTATIVE FORM made up of Code - the system-tan.

In simple terms this is because Material-plane (mp) energy, forces and processes correspond to Astral-plane (ap) matter, or Code; while Material-plane matter corresponds to Astral-plane energy, forces and processes. If we represent these by the following symbols: M and E for mp content, and A and Ë for ap content, we can formulate the relationship as such:

The presence of M generates (much like gravity generates an attracting force between two objects) Ë of a corresponding level and type, depending on the M involved. Similarly, the presence of E generates A of a corresponding size and structure depending on the E available. And vice versa.
In this case, the construction and execution of code in mp space creates, first with the construction of the physical form of the system, an energy structure that corresponds to the system's material form. When this code then is executed, the resulting energy flows and processes in mp generates a physical form on ap that integrates the extant energy structure, bringing the system's representative form (RF) to life the instant it first is run. However, this depends on the system being unique enough that it simply doesn't fall into the same patterns as those powering extant RF's; if you build a new home pc, for example, that energy structure is going to be similar enough to thousands of others because you are using mass-produced parts for a common purpose without specializing their use. When you then execute that code the generated A (what I previously have referred to simply as Code) will simply gravitate to whatever extant RF best matches the code structure; in this case, that of the OS installed on the system. A system running Win XP will thus send its generated Code to XP-tan, granting her the powers of that Node as long as it is running. Some part of that will also be sent to XP-tan's direct ancestors, since their code types also match hers to a lesser degree.

NOW TO THE NEXT PART:
RFs are native to the ap, or Open Space. However, while the nodes powering them are essential for their existence, proximity to them and their corresponding locations on ap is not necessary; the generated Code will gravitate toward the RF regardless of where they are at the moment - mp locations included. Closed Space (ap locations that have been closed off to the outside by various means, either by building "walls" of A around it or destroying the surrounding A and making a "bubble" of sorts) can be trickier, however, for RFs that do not know the details and keys of their location. However, an RF can without danger convert themselves reversely into material form; their energy and matter parts switch places, so to speak, which may lead to slight changes in appearance, abilities or even personality for RFs not used to the practice. They will be "anchored" to the ap at the point where their Code/Power flows enter the mp and their bodies; just like humans are "anchored" to the ap at the point where their souls connect to their bodies. Alas, that is a sidetrack.

I could go on a LOT more about this, but essentially it's a part of the EWAR SMM that I've repurposed for use here. Surprisingly easy, actually.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

it makes sense to a point, but after that my head starts hurting.

doesn't belong in the theory thread, or did that die again? (MUST I REVIVE IT ONCE AGAIN??)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Well it's been in the theory thread, but the question was raised again.

I have so many semi-finished stories that I should actually complete.  There's still a Columbus UNIX series and a PTSS series I should really finish.

Chocofreak13

do eet. :0

someday, i'll get back to the OS-tan Comiket. someday.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I need to finish up the stories I was working on -w-;;

On a different note, I'm slowly forming ideas for Lynx-tan :3