On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

All I could find was this:

Bella

I wondered about this at one point myself! I'm pretty sure it's a generic "Windows-tan" that doesn't personify any particular release.

Goujer (she/her)

But why does she seem to have so much merch?

Also, I gave myself this for Christmas.

LeaflameSD

Nichi

Nice; I have one, too, with ME-tan :3

(TFW 2k-tan is nigh-on impossible to find ;_; )

Bella

Awesome find, Le-Goujer!

I actually haven't had much time to work on OS-tan things lately. I hope to fix this come summer... ;___;

Goujer (she/her)

I got myself a Christmas present from Etsy!
You can get them yourself here

20231211_143124.jpg

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on December 11, 2023, 02:47:35 PMI got myself a Christmas present from Etsy!

20231211_143124.jpg

Ah man I wish I could get those how much do they cost $$$

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on December 11, 2023, 11:47:03 PMAh man I wish I could get those how much do they cost $$$
The notepad and stickers cost $4 each and the desk mats are $30 each.

I deleted our posts and gave a longer one in a effort to better comply with forum best practices.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on December 15, 2023, 07:38:59 AMThe notepad and stickers cost $4 each and the desk mats are $30 each.

I deleted our posts and gave a longer one in a effort to better comply with forum best practices.

Okay thx for telling me :)

Hālian He/him

Quote from: Goujer on December 11, 2023, 02:47:35 PMI got myself a Christmas present from Etsy!

(snip)
I found those myself not too long ago, and would love to get them for myself, but the money isn't there right now.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: DanielDub on February 14, 2024, 06:01:56 PMHow can we push the boundaries of creativity and reimagine the OS-tan concept with fresh and innovative ideas, breathing new life into this beloved community?

I think this post pretty much sums up some ideas https://reddit.invak.id/r/OStan/comments/14a2zfd/how_could_we_make_ostans_somewhat_popular/

This is what the post says:
I'm a very big fan of OS-Tans and I was looking for ideas to make OS-Tans more popular again not looking for billions of people to love it but a good number of people to like OS-Tans so I have some ideas we could pursue here. So OS-Tans we the breathing grounds for similar stuff such as Hatsune Miku in 2007 and VTubers in 2016 what I want to do is make OS-Tans become somewhat popular again and I won't rest until I try every tactic in the book but I can't do this alone so any fellow OS-Tan fans, Anime fans who also enjoys Technology Please lend me a hand so we can at least have OS-Tans be seen as somewhat popular again look again I'm not looking to make Billions of people like it but get more people to like and appreciate them more. Here is the timeline OS-Tan (2003) ---> Hatsune Miku (2007) ---> VTubers (2016). I'm really desperate to get OS-Tans to be giving some more attention and attention I want them to have for the 3rd time all I'm looking for is ways to get people to like them more and to become more popular again I'm not looking for Billions of People to like it but I atleast want them to also be remembered for Generations to come so even if its not Billions or Millions I still at the very least want them to have some more popularity and attention thank you for listening to me and reading this I know like I sound like a bit of a broken record or ranting here but then again I just want to kinda want them to be talked about more to have more active and healthy communities for OS-Tans and what not we use Devices such as Computers, Tablet, and Smartphones which have OSes on them and android and iOS have OS-tan Designs I just want people to think about them more we need more active OS-Tan communities and people to be thinking about them often look again I'm getting all over my head about this but then again I've been brainstorming some ideas to make OS-tans more popular again and get more active OS-tan communities. Thanks for reading this and thank you for your patience and corporations.

Maybe we can make current and existing OS-Tans as VTubers that could bring in more interest I also have a theory since OS-tans came before Miku.

Make More 3D Renders/Models of OS-Tans similar to the Pet Nanami Madobe that sets above your Taskbar but I also want more OS-Tans such as Windows XP-Tan and Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows ME-Tan and I want this to also work on Linux that is not mandatory it could be a Windows Only Thing I wouldn't get upset if that was the case but having it available for Linux is a bonus I would appreciate to have.

More OS-Tan comics stripes from back in the day with Windows ME-Tan, Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows XP-Tan but I also want to get other Windows OS-Tans in there but we could also make comic stripes with some non-Windows OS-Tans such as Mac and Linux.
More Videos on YouTube about OS-Tans.

I Also came up with the idea of us and other people working on a small OS-Tan Visual Novel Game(s) cause I don't think we have any OS-Tan Visual Novel Games yet...?

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on February 14, 2024, 08:43:12 PMI think this post pretty much sums up some ideas https://reddit.invak.id/r/OStan/comments/14a2zfd/how_could_we_make_ostans_somewhat_popular/

This is what the post says:
I'm a very big fan of OS-Tans and I was looking for ideas to make OS-Tans more popular again not looking for billions of people to love it but a good number of people to like OS-Tans so I have some ideas we could pursue here. So OS-Tans we the breathing grounds for similar stuff such as Hatsune Miku in 2007 and VTubers in 2016 what I want to do is make OS-Tans become somewhat popular again and I won't rest until I try every tactic in the book but I can't do this alone so any fellow OS-Tan fans, Anime fans who also enjoys Technology Please lend me a hand so we can at least have OS-Tans be seen as somewhat popular again look again I'm not looking to make Billions of people like it but get more people to like and appreciate them more. Here is the timeline OS-Tan (2003) ---> Hatsune Miku (2007) ---> VTubers (2016). I'm really desperate to get OS-Tans to be giving some more attention and attention I want them to have for the 3rd time all I'm looking for is ways to get people to like them more and to become more popular again I'm not looking for Billions of People to like it but I atleast want them to also be remembered for Generations to come so even if its not Billions or Millions I still at the very least want them to have some more popularity and attention thank you for listening to me and reading this I know like I sound like a bit of a broken record or ranting here but then again I just want to kinda want them to be talked about more to have more active and healthy communities for OS-Tans and what not we use Devices such as Computers, Tablet, and Smartphones which have OSes on them and android and iOS have OS-tan Designs I just want people to think about them more we need more active OS-Tan communities and people to be thinking about them often look again I'm getting all over my head about this but then again I've been brainstorming some ideas to make OS-tans more popular again and get more active OS-tan communities. Thanks for reading this and thank you for your patience and corporations.

Maybe we can make current and existing OS-Tans as VTubers that could bring in more interest I also have a theory since OS-tans came before Miku.

Make More 3D Renders/Models of OS-Tans similar to the Pet Nanami Madobe that sets above your Taskbar but I also want more OS-Tans such as Windows XP-Tan and Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows ME-Tan and I want this to also work on Linux that is not mandatory it could be a Windows Only Thing I wouldn't get upset if that was the case but having it available for Linux is a bonus I would appreciate to have.

More OS-Tan comics stripes from back in the day with Windows ME-Tan, Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows XP-Tan but I also want to get other Windows OS-Tans in there but we could also make comic stripes with some non-Windows OS-Tans such as Mac and Linux.
More Videos on YouTube about OS-Tans.

I Also came up with the idea of us and other people working on a small OS-Tan Visual Novel Game(s) cause I don't think we have any OS-Tan Visual Novel Games yet...?

I moved your post to a more appropriate topic as SCRAP PAPER is more for creative writing. The person you replied to was a bot, but I didn't want to let your good post go to waste.

I'll be real though, it's not the easiest to understand what you're saying here.
You may want to edit your post and double check your grammar and punctuation.

But I really don't think OS-tans are that obscure, I think most people who frequent anime related things on the internet are aware of them, but probably not deeply knowledgeable as us though. Their legacy will very much outlive us.

I admire your passion for OS-tans, I encourage you to get out there are start creating. Start drawing, writing, coding, etc..

Things don't just happen because we want them to or rant about them, you gotta work for them.
You can always commission people too. I know many fantastic artists that would probably be happy draw OS-tans.
I do my part by keeping this site up and trying to organize and make available as much OS-tan stuff as I can, with what little time I have available.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on February 23, 2024, 09:57:26 AMI moved your post to a more appropriate topic as SCRAP PAPER is more for creative writing. The person you replied to was a bot, but I didn't want to let your good post go to waste.

I'll be real though, it's not the easiest to understand what you're saying here.
You may want to edit your post and double check your grammar and punctuation.

But I really don't think OS-tans are that obscure, I think most people who frequent anime related things on the internet are aware of them, but probably not deeply knowledgeable as us though. Their legacy will very much outlive us.

I admire your passion for OS-tans, I encourage you to get out there are start creating. Start drawing, writing, coding, etc..

Things don't just happen because we want them to or rant about them, you gotta work for them.
You can always commission people too. I know many fantastic artists that would probably be happy draw OS-tans.
I do my part by keeping this site up and trying to organize and make available as much OS-tan stuff as I can, with what little time I have available.

Yeah I just copied it from Reddit cause I liked it so much I was feeling the same way about OS-Tans in the way they felt, anywho I got a couple of friends to help fix and clean up the grammar:

I'm a big fan of OS-Tans and I'm looking for ways to make them more popular. I'm not aiming for billions of people to love OS-Tans, but I would like a significant number of people to appreciate them. I believe that OS-Tans were the inspiration for phenomena like Hatsune Miku in 2007 and VTubers in 2016. I'm eager to make OS-Tans popular again and I'm willing to try every tactic possible. However, I acknowledge that I can't do this alone and I'm calling for fellow OS-Tan fans, as well as anime fans who enjoy technology, to help me in this endeavor.

I'm not aiming for OS-Tans to be liked by billions of people, but I do want them to be remembered for generations to come. I'm desperate for OS-Tans to receive more attention and popularity. I believe that since we use devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones which have operating systems on them, and Android and iOS have OS-Tan designs, people should think about them more. I'm calling for more active OS-Tan communities and for people to think about OS-Tans more often.

Here are a few ideas I have to make OS-Tans more popular:

• Make current and existing OS-Tans as VTubers to generate more interest.
  • Create more 3D renders/models of OS-Tans, similar to the Pet Nanami Madobe that sits above your taskbar. I would like to see more OS-Tans such as Windows XP-Tan, Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows ME-Tan. I would appreciate if this could also work on Linux, but it's not mandatory.
  • Create more OS-Tan comic strips featuring Windows ME-Tan, Windows 2K-Tan, and Windows XP-Tan, as well as other Windows OS-Tans. I would also like to see comic strips with non-Windows OS-Tans such as Mac and Linux.
  • Create more videos on YouTube about OS-Tans.

I thank everyone for their patience and cooperation in reading my post. I acknowledge that I might sound like a broken record, but I'm passionate about making OS-Tans more popular and fostering more active and healthy communities for OS-Tans. I'm grateful for any support I can get in this endeavor.

Alright yeah I'm very passionate about OS-Tans. I want to create some games for them.
True, I wish it did but that's not how the world works I guess.
Yeah I could get artistes to create me some good OS-Tan artwork by commissioning them.
I appreciate that alot, and thank you so much for that.

Goujer (she/her)

Finally getting around to getting a ME-tan warning icon tattooed on my arm. Going to get it done today even. Will post pics when it's done.

Edit: It's done!
20240301_233207.jpg