On Topic[less]

Started by DustiiWolf, November 27, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winduko

I can't say I won't not do things out of laziness, as that is how I work. xD

I only waited this long to begin out of laziness. But the more "professional" reason is that I was updating the Universe. Which I was too but that was because I was lazy.

Chocofreak13

hahaha, that's awesome, using it for a goddamn class. xD

hope you get an A. -w-
click to make it bigger

winduko

It gets better: It's 95/NT femslash.

Nothing explicit, but the fact is that I wrote OS-tan femslash for a class in school. I also was guaranteed to not get in trouble too, I think. The teacher said that, unless if the writer's life is in immediate danger, the writings are kept between the writer and the teacher. It's also the first primarily romance fanfic I wrote.

For the class I made it implicit, as no physical descriptions are added and the most obvious hint towards them being personifications of OSes is that 95-tan is referred to as Chicago within the story. However I'll edit in physical descriptions later. I also don't know if I should keep the human names in or not, but I'm leaning very heavily for keeping the human names.

In my (new) project, Zettai Windows, it's currently ambiguous on whether or not the OS-tans are human or not because I really don't feel like addressing it now. This fanfic is the first one written for it, but probably not going to be the first one published.

Also, Zettai Windows is more of a slice-of-life than my previous ideas, and it focuses primarily on the 3.1/95/NT trio. It's a collection of humourous short stories with the trio in it. The fanfic in question only has those three characters.

Bella

Quote from: winduko on September 12, 2014, 10:03:35 PM
It gets better: It's 95/NT femslash.

Nothing explicit, but the fact is that I wrote OS-tan femslash for a class in school. I also was guaranteed to not get in trouble too, I think. The teacher said that, unless if the writer's life is in immediate danger, the writings are kept between the writer and the teacher. It's also the first primarily romance fanfic I wrote.

You are undeniably awesome, Winduko. :D

If it turns out well AND you feel like it I hope you share it with us!

QuoteFor the class I made it implicit, as no physical descriptions are added and the most obvious hint towards them being personifications of OSes is that 95-tan is referred to as Chicago within the story. However I'll edit in physical descriptions later. I also don't know if I should keep the human names in or not, but I'm leaning very heavily for keeping the human names.

Using human names is probably a good idea.

QuoteIn my (new) project, Zettai Windows, it's currently ambiguous on whether or not the OS-tans are human or not because I really don't feel like addressing it now. This fanfic is the first one written for it, but probably not going to be the first one published.

Also, Zettai Windows is more of a slice-of-life than my previous ideas, and it focuses primarily on the 3.1/95/NT trio. It's a collection of humourous short stories with the trio in it. The fanfic in question only has those three characters.

Interesting. NT & 3.1-tan are my two favorite Windows-tans so I hope to see more written about them.

As for the nature of OS-tans, I have a confession to make: I've actually been working on an in-universe, encyclopedia-style "guide" to OS-tans, and one of the things I (attempt) to discuss is the nature of their species. Of course very little is actually DOCUMENTED about what exactly they are or where they come from so I'm stuck at something of an impasse.

Still, I hope it'll be entertaining enough to read. I plan on including illustrations and charts and junk, lol.

Chocofreak13

if you need help, i'm game. for one of my college classes we had to do an encyclopedia-type book and i wanted to use OS-tans, but the teacher shot me down since they weren't "my" characters (they're basically shared characters at this point....). funny thing is that was the second teacher to shoot down using OS-tans in my schoolwork, so i'm happy that someone's getting the chance. (the first one was going to be a clay box with ME-tan's bow as the handle, and OS-tan images on the sides. >>;;; )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Neat :3
TBH I considered making a personal guidebook on the Director Who saga; to have everything major grouped together in one place, and most importantly, iron out details on the things from the old world continuity that I still consider canon.

...I also considered, since next August marks the 10th anniversary of The Adventures of Princess Lan, which is the first story of Director Who's old world continuity, writing some sort of story to celebrate. Whither I just have a short story or attempt a full-length story, I'm not sure yet; I first need to finish End of the Millennium before I make any plans.

Chocofreak13

go for eeeet, pent! and if inspiration fails you use the HOMOLUST prompt till you find one that fits your characters. xD
click to make it bigger

winduko

It's not even the first one. Last semester I did an art project where the subject was 95-tan. It didn't turn out well, and I do not know where the file is if I still have it, even if I wanted to share it I probably couldn't.

Chocofreak13

find it
and share it

and come to think of it, i HAVE used the OS-tans in a school project before! i made a comic book about getting acclamated to high school life called Read or Die that used them as characters. it was in coloured pencil and my art sucked a bit more back then than it does now....but i skipped school for like, a week to work on it and it came out so good that the teacher demanded a copy xD
click to make it bigger

winduko

I found it, and I debated about showing it, as it really sucks. And I had to go against major headcanons about 95-tan to have more material.

I will show it when I get home.

And awesome! Nice to see that I'm not the only one who wanted to do OS-tan stuff for school and got the opportunity to do so. xD

So far, I have done OS-tan stuff for three assignments, and the number will only increase.

Nichi

@Duko: Nice :3
Also, in terms of bad stories...my anti-masterpiece, The Return of Jamie, might make you feel better about yours -w-;

winduko

It's more of a bad collage, but both are art, so-

Holy shit, it's the best kind of bad. It's clearly written by a young child. It's kinda cute. xD

Edit: I have a lot of pride for my fanfics. It's just that the art predates my actively posting here.

Nichi

Mmm. I wrote that when I was 12, without assistance of spell check, and it shows -w-;
Glad you enjoyed it, though. TBH it's one of my works I consider to be so bad it's good :3

winduko

Kinda like how my brother types without spell check. Hell, probably how I'd have typed without it then.

Chocofreak13

ah, the follies of youth~

*cringes from the mere THOUGHT of my old, OLD art*
click to make it bigger