Realistic Evaluations!

Started by NejinOniwa, November 01, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

This is too good of an idea to pass up on, honestly.
So basically, we all have our crazy wishes - particularly "I WOULD WANT TO DATE/BEFRIEND/BANG X FROM Y SERIES/GAME" etc. Now say this actually happened! Congratulations! You will now have happy times together forever.

...or will you, really? Let's be realistic about things in this thread, and think for a few seconds about what would REALLY happen.
Posting this in games forum because while it's not exactly a rule-defined game per se, it's definitely a game of thought, so to speak. I'm thinking to start with relationships mostly, but we can expand to other situations later on. Now let the thread commence!

I'll go first. /OSC/, what do you think of my chances to survive staying by Alice Margatroid's side long enough to succeed in crafting a decent relationship with her? And no fancies here - REALISM THREAD, EVERYONE! This means no randomly appearing powers out of nowhere or anything else to help you fit into the setting in question; in this case, I'd assume basecamping in the Human Village would be the default, and making contact at all with the reclusive dollmage would require hiking out into the Forest of Magic on a regular basis.

COMMENCE!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Balrith

There's a pretty low chance of you making it through the Forest of Magic and somehow finding Alice's house the first time around. Repeat trips would probably be easier. While the forest does have man eating plants and dangerous beasts, youkai generally avoid the place. After a few trips you might figure out the safer trails or the most covert way to move through the forest. She is also pretty friendly towards humans and doesn't seem to mind visitors.

Honestly, I don't think your chances are that bad...relatively. It would probably be pretty hard to strike up conversations with her the first time around but maybe perseverance would yield fruit.

Other options might be finding her doing her puppet show in the human village during a festival and showing interest or asking Marisa for introductions. It would be a bothersome request for her to show you to Alice's house but the luls might just be worth it.

NejinOniwa

The Marisa route is something I've thought of as well, alongside the puppeteer encounter one. Possibly...asking fairies for help is just a bad idea, but I can't shake the notion of it somehow.

I like to think of myself as wise enough to avoid dying in a forest, at least - the wilds are something of a specialty of mine - so yeah. I mean, it ranks considerably lower on the "Imminent Death" scale than, say, trying to strike it up with Satori...

Balrith

Yeah the only real downsides to being in the forest of magic are the plants, beasts and noxious fumes/spores. You might have something to fear from some of the magicians living there, but generally, it's just a secluded living area. There's edible mushrooms all over the forest floor, though some may not be very appealing or are hallucinogenic.

NejinOniwa

Mushrooms are something I've always been good at, courtesy of my grandmother. Though, edible or not, they're seldom very nutritious on their own, really...

This thread feels lonely. Where is everyone lel

Balrith

Well if you're getting bored, what do you think my chances are with Yuuka?

Bahahahahahahaha ;_;

Or actually, how about Suika?

NejinOniwa

This is the wrong place for that sort of things, methinks :D

Summary of Yuuka: You'd get torn to pieces. Or killed off trying to get there. Like, really, not a good idea at all. I'm sorry, mate ^^;

Suika is less lethal, sure, but you'd best have a good stomach for alcohol if you'll be hanging around her for any amount of time. She does spend more time around more easily accessible areas than most other youkai, though. If you can manage to become her drinking buddy somehow, you can probably work off that. Assuming she doesn't give you a friendly tap of that oni strength of hers carelessly and sends you flying, that is...
So in summary: Possible, less difficult to initiate contact, however fraught with random drunkenness and dangers.

Chocofreak13

sorry, i was eating dinner. if something non-touhou comes up in this thread, i'll comment, but i'm not going to contribute anything relationship-wise with fictional characters since that's liable to spiral out my psyche. don't ask.

in the meantime, i'll check back when there's more posts~
click to make it bigger

Balrith

Quote from: NejinOniwa on November 01, 2013, 05:56:12 PM
Summary of Yuuka: You'd get torn to pieces. Or killed off trying to get there. Like, really, not a good idea at all. I'm sorry, mate ^^;

Desu yo ne....

Bella

Because she is best my favorite touhou: On a scale of Instant Death to Slightly Prolonged Death, how would I fare with Yukari?

sosorrybutitendtogravitatetowardabsurdlypowerfulandmanipulativecharactersI'llgohidenow.

NejinOniwa

Well, considering Yukari is the one facilitating the whole trafficking of outside humans to feed the man-eating youkai of Gensokyo...

>____>

ASSUMING you got past that little hurdle alright, it's hard to see a decent place to start something up with her in the first place. I mean, how are you going to find her? Mayohiga isn't exactly, you know, easy to get to. And besides, she hibernates half the time, lel.
I assume your options would be going through either Reimu - who does have more or less regular contact with her, and is human and quite unlikely to turn on you, even if she doesn't want to help - or Ran, who spends time in the Human Village occasionally. The second route would be more risky, but more likely to bear fruit, I guess; Reimu might be more likely to try and help you (especially if bribed with donations), but results may vary.

I guess you could try to bribe Ran with fried tofu or something, lol.

Either way, the hurdles of just getting into contact with Yukari in the first place is probably what makes this quest difficult. Once you've cleared that, I mean...Yukari might well get interested in you for just being persevering enough to find her in the first place, so yeah. Don't think you'd be able to get very close to her, of course, but a distant and occasional relation is IMO as close as you'd want to be with her anyway.

Bella

That's actually a slightly better scenario than I expected, heh. -w-

Chocofreak13

but if she sells humans into slavery/as food, who's to say she won't see you as just another piece of merch, no matter HOW far the lengths you went to meet her? :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well, Reimu is a human, and she certainly doesn't see her as merch. I know, extremes, but still.

Chocofreak13

perhaps that's because Reimu can hold her own against Yukari. average human cannot. :\
click to make it bigger