Pokémon General

Started by NejinOniwa, March 12, 2013, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Meanwhile, you can do full-speed Game Boy Color emulation on just about anything from a 200Mhz Pentium MMX on up via BGB -w-

alfonso_rd_30

Peronally I'm all up for VBA (link) for pre DS games, while I recccommmeenndd No$ or Ideas for anything DS... I'm sure there's a Mac verion of the 333 Emuses.... as for games... pretty much anyone is cool (Running 3 games here (Heart and Sacred Gold and Soul Silver Surfer))

Chocofreak13

i'm pretty sure VBA has a mac version.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Thanks for the advice, I have VBA installed on my Mac and have played Gold before, so I'll probably just get back into that. Though I seem to recall VBA being rather crashy on OS X (I think I usually ran it on my virtualized XP machine because it was too troublesome on OS X)...

Chocofreak13

i haven't tested it on mac, so i can't say.

get crystal. it's superiour.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed. I can hook you up with a ROM of Crystal, if interested :3

Chocofreak13

any chance someone can provide me with a concensus on which DS emulator to use? given that i don't even own the physical console idk what to look for in one.... .~.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

DeSmuMe seems to be the most popular, since I heard NO$GBA (Which offers DS support) is no longer actively developed

alfonso_rd_30

but desmume is buggy as hell!!! Ideas is a better replacement for No$

Nichi

I guess. It's not the buggiest I've ever used, thankfully (Red Dragon, a Virtual Boy emulator, was slow and awkward to use...but it did offer support for the system's stereoscopic 3D via the classic red-and-blue glasses -w-)

alfonso_rd_30

ugh! I remember Red Dragon... and the Virtual Boy... shittiest console EVER!

Nichi

Indeed. The only game that'd make me consider buying one is Virtual Boy Wario Land; which I greatly enjoyed regardless of the buggy emulator.

Back on the subject of Pokemon, I think I've played a game from each generation in an emulator at least once; usually before owning a copy, or in a few cases, after the point (Challenge runs, etc.)

Chocofreak13

emulation is so easy. most of my cartridges don't even save anymore ;v;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Desmume isn't buggy at all once you get it running, really. It's just that you have to get your save file type right, which can be difficult...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

@Kari: That's why I want to learn how to solder; so I can replace the batteries in old games (My copy of Donkey Kong Land 2, especially)