Any OS-tan comic ideas you want me to draw?

Started by Aurora Borealis, September 24, 2012, 12:45:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

@Pentium and Bella: Thanks!

That's one of the Easter Eggs! Summer Days was a Darker and Edgier OS-tan fic, right? I can't remember off the top of my head, but if it is, then Linux XP has quite the taste in literature!

There are two more Easter Eggs on the page. :)

I redesigned Dreamlinux's outfit to look more distinctive

Glad that the Multics and Cray 1 story idea is working so far. Here's a tentative script to the first part:

Quotepanel 1: [Multics is standing outside the door to Cray 1's palace]

panel 2:
   Multics: (thinking) I can't believe I have to be someone's servant. I am an aristocrat!

panel 3:
   [She enters and is still freezing]
   M: What the hell? Does some sort of frost giant live here or--

panel 4:
   [close-up of thermostat, set to 45]

panel 5:
   [A silhouette of Cray-1 appears in Multics' view; from the silhouette alone, Multics knows she's imposing.]
   Cray-1: Don't mess with the thermostat, servant.
   Multics: ... (scared)

panel 6: Close-up of Cray-1
   Multics: (nervous outburst) Oh crap my overlord is a frost giant!!

panel 7:
   Multics: I j-j-just want to-- not freeze to death!!
   Cray-1: Fine. Good enough.

panel 8:
   Cray-1: But if I overheat because you turned the thermostat all the way up to 60, I'm going to kick your ass.
(just as non-chalantly) By the way, I'm Cray-1.

I envision Cray-1 as being part Ice Queen, one part Big Guy, another part Jerk With A Heart Of Gold.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on October 15, 2012, 12:44:08 am
That's one of the Easter Eggs! Summer Days was a Darker and Edgier OS-tan fic, right? I can't remember off the top of my head, but if it is, then Linux XP has quite the taste in literature!

That's the one! (.....that emotionally scarred me a little inside.)

QuoteThere are two more Easter Eggs on the page. :)

I redesigned Dreamlinux's outfit to look more distinctive

.....Is it Linux XP-tan's outfit? It looks awfully familiar (I keep thinking of one of the older MSDOS-tan designs), but I'm really not sure. x.x

QuoteGlad that the Multics and Cray 1 story idea is working so far. Here's a tentative script to the first part:

Looks good so far! :D

QuoteI envision Cray-1 as being part Ice Queen, one part Big Guy, another part Jerk With A Heart Of Gold.

Interesting! I wanted to know more about Cray-1-tan's personality, since her wiki page left me curious....

And I know you're referencing the ice queen trope, but I'm just going to use this opportunity to mention that I want to do fanart of Cray-1-tan dressed up as another Ice Queen....

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ice_queen.png

^.^;;

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: Bella

That's the one! (.....that emotionally scarred me a little inside.)

Excellent! My memory served me right!

.....Is it Linux XP-tan's outfit? It looks awfully familiar (I keep thinking of one of the older MSDOS-tan designs), but I'm really not sure. x.x

No, but interesting coincidence! The Easter Eggs are on the books Dreamlinux and OSX are reading.

Looks good so far! :D

Okay! On part 2, I don't have the script yet, but Multics and Cray-1 start discussing what to do, when Multics takes off her winter coat, and that is when Cray-1 criticizes her fashion sense.

Interesting! I wanted to know more about Cray-1-tan's personality, since her wiki page left me curious....

And I know you're referencing the ice queen trope, but I'm just going to use this opportunity to mention that I want to do fanart of Cray-1-tan dressed up as another Ice Queen....

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ice_queen.png

^.^;;

Yes! I really want to see that! That'd be perfect!

Aurora Borealis

October 15, 2012, 01:21:48 pm #48 Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:03:32 pm by Aurora Borealis
First 4 panels storyboarded!

EDIT: Oops. I drew some details inconsistently like Multics' hair length, but that will be corrected!

Bella

So far, it looks good to me. ^-^ (Especially fond of Multics' scowl in that second panel, haha).

Aurora Borealis

October 24, 2012, 01:11:46 pm #50 Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:03:39 pm by Aurora Borealis
@Bella: Thanks! I'm now about 3/4 done with the vectoring process for that part. :)

Here's the storyboard for the next part:

Bella

This also looks good Aurora. ^^ I can't wait to see the first finished page!

Bella

Multics is kind of adorable when she's angry, haha... the second and fourth panels stand out especially. I really like the details you've put into Cray's palace, and the guard in the first panel too~

Anyway, seeing this has made my afternoon and I can't wait to see part 2! ^0^

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I used to hate drawing detailed backgrounds, but now I've gained a liking for it, especially when they say something about the character who lives there. Even the thermostat was designed with a futuristic look in mind! I assume that Multics would be weirded out by the futuristic style, but is too focused on how it's freezing in there! Panels 2 and 3 are my favorite on this page.

Bella

I wish I had your background-drawing fortitude. ;-; I can envision the sort of settings many of my characters would live in, but I'm too lazy to ever draw them errrgh.

stewartsage

Aurora Borealis

When I read WAITS-tan's article, I wanted to make a strip about a young WAITS-tan's hiccuping fits. :P

Mostly done with part 2 of the Multics and Cray-1 strip, and here's what I've proposed for part 3:

panel 1:
   Multics: Uhh... Nice to meet you?
   Cray-1: Yes. We will begin our collaboration promptly. Follow me.

panel 2: [Multics and Cray-1 are walking down a hallway]
   Multics: (thinking: 'It's not much of a collaboration when I'm the servant!')
   Cray-1: When we go to the next room, you can hang up your coat and hat.

panel 3: [In the next room, Multics hangs up her coat and hat, revealing the rest of her rococo-style dress.]

panel 4:
   Cray-1: What the hell are you wearing?
   Multics: ...

Bella

The WAITS Hiccuping Incident of 1966 is such a popular subject for artists... ;u;

A bit tangential, but I may or may not be working on a short PDP-8 'n LINC comic.....

Aurora Borealis

The hiccup beam comment on one of those links made me giggle. I was struggling to come up with dialogue, but now I should add something about SAGE saying "It's not like I unleashed a hiccup beam on you!" then imagine herself unleashing one on her enemies. >=D

I'd like to see your comic.

Penti-chan

I have an idea for a comic, based on a dream I had about an OS-tan anime series:

It starts off with 2k-tan sitting at the edge of a lake, fishing...when suddenly XP-tan came out of nowhere and pushed her in. Shortly after, 2k reappeared behind XP, standing on a return platform from Super Smash Bros., with an annoyed look on her face.

XP-tan could be swapped out with a different -tan (Like if you can think of one who seems more like a prankster), and as for the return platform thing, we could have her climb out of the late. Either way would be good, but feel free to suggest any ideas for it