Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeaflameSD

Would you guys recommend the Mega CD video game series 'SNATCHER'? I'm trying to get into Sega CD games again ^z^

Nichi

I haven't played that one yet, but I have it downloaded; just need to buy more CD-Rs first

Ah, the Sega CD; the only form of copy protection it had was "it's CD-based in 1992", making it easy to try out rarer games without paying the hefty secondhand price tag -w-

LeaflameSD

So I played Snatcher last night and...

alfonso_rd_30

well re installing my stuff after fixing Nanami... re installing DC Universe Online.. need 48 hours days...

Nichi

So, I finally decided to give Final Fantasy IX another shot; since, looking back, the reason I hated it was kind of stupid (I got stuck on a boss early in, got frustrated, and sold my copy).

So far, since I actually got past that fight I was stuck on, I find myself enjoying it more and would actually recommended it to fans of the Final Fantasy series. FF9 is definitely worth checking out, even if you didn't like FF8; since it feels more like one of the early installments of the series in gameplay and story.

LeaflameSD

I've seen FFX in the video game stores, but it's a little costly. Also I've been playing SD Snatcher, the RPG spinoff of Snatcher.

NejinOniwa

I've got an immense urge to play Golden Sun again. Final Fantasy has got nothing on that series. NOTHING.

And if you say graphics, I will laugh at you for proposing to compare the graphics of a ps2/3 game with a GBA/DS game.

EDIT: Taking my first swings through GS:DD again for the first time in 2 years. THE NOSTALGIA METER IS RISING SKY HIGH :D
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Simonorged

Most of the things I've played are for the DS. I've got fifty plus games for that devise.
Plus some NES games on my 3DS they were on the Eshop for free last time I checked
Simon was here :P

Nichi

@Nej: If you really want a good laugh, my sister once said she hated the first Zelda (From 1986) because it "looked like shit" compared to Final Fantasy X (Which had just come out).

Thankfully she got over that whole "GRAPHICS ARE THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING" mindset and learns to appreciate games regardless of graphics

LeaflameSD

The graphics thing really grinds my gears... back in the Atari days they were considered GODLIKE.

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 14, 2013, 09:56:41 AM
@Nej: If you really want a good laugh, my sister once said she hated the first Zelda (From 1986) because it "looked like shit" compared to Final Fantasy X (Which had just come out).

Thankfully she got over that whole "GRAPHICS ARE THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING" mindset and learns to appreciate games regardless of graphics

in fact if you ask me FFX is the one looking like shit on that comparison... no matter the 30 years age diference...

Nichi

Indeed. Metal Gear Solid 2 looked better...but then again, the Final Fantasy series sucked after IX (Which I actually kind of like now)

alfonso_rd_30

Quote from: PentiumMMX on February 14, 2013, 03:24:27 PM
Indeed. Metal Gear Solid 2 looked better...but then again, the Final Fantasy series sucked after IX (Which I actually kind of like now)

dunno... VII Wass Kool

Nichi

VII came out before IX, so it falls under the "it's good" banner; along with my personal favorite, VI

(I mean, I own VII on original PlayStation discs, PC and downloaded it on PlayStation Network)

Simonorged

Simon was here :P