Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i found a genius one at http://www.bishoujo.us/renpy/devel/doc/tutorial.html . it's rather complicated but it covers basically everything that could come up in the making of a visual  novel. i've found a few that are more user-friendly, too, so now the only things i really have to worry about are sounds and the like.

you guys are going to be official testers and i will list you in the credits roll =w=
(and i want you to be honest, if the story sucks or if there are plot holes or if one of the girls puts people off too much i need you to tell me :0 )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds good :3

So, I recently picked up Wario Land 4, after wanting it for years. While definitely not as good as Wario Land 2, it's still a pretty good game so far.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Game Boy Advance. If you're interested, it seems to typically run about $6; I'd personally suggest Wario Land 2, for the Game Boy Color, over this if you have the option, but the 4th one is still an enjoyable game thus far

Chocofreak13

good to know. btw, they made warioware games for the GBA and such, right?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yes. There was the original (WarioWare, Inc.: Mega MicroGame$) and one sequel (WarioWare: Twisted) for the GBA :3

I played the original to death way back when. Still need to get my own copy of it

Chocofreak13

mmm, i remember warioware: twisted from back in the day since there was a bookmark for it at the school library. i should pick up a copy. :3

osc, to be super-old-school and use my GBC in public (but be limited in choice of games) or just regular old school and use one of my GBAs (but have a wider library)? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'd go for a GBA. I generally use my GBASP for everything I can't do on my 3DS, but sometimes I might break out one of my other systems (There was one time I was playing Link's Awakening on my tomato red original Game Boy. This was about '07 or so >:3)

Chocofreak13

lime green GBC. -w-
both my GBAs are that lovely indigo colour. -w-

Spoiler: ShowHide
C IS A HIGHER LETTER SO OBVIOUSLY GBC IS BETTER, RIGHT
click to make it bigger

Nichi

There you go -w-;
Also, part of me wishes I had a Gamecube in indigo. Granted, I love my platinum one and have no plans to get rid of it, so...

On a different note, I'm scrapping the plans to play Star Wars: The Old Republic with my bro-in-law. It's become too much of a hassle to patch when the game's servers cap my download speed so low that it moves at maybe 1% an hour at best (That's at grandma's office, for the record. At home, I'd guess maybe 0.01% an hour), and whenever they release a new patch, I'll have to repeat this long frustrating process. It doesn't seem to be worth the trouble I'm going through to play it. :\

NejinOniwa

TIME TO CONQUER THE WORLD, BITCHES

EU4 prepurchase is tasty. :3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

So today I went to the gamestore and found MegaMan X7 for PS2. Pretty much bought it on site, and for a mere £2 (talk about bargain!). Now this game gets alot of hate from fans of the series alike, but IMO it can't be as nearly as bad as everyone says.

Nichi

@Leaf: Let me know how it is. I've always heard it's terrible, but I'd be curious to hear another angle on it

Chocofreak13

EVERYTHING IS TERRI[/shot]

mum saw Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on my game pile today, picked it up and looked it over. THIS IS MY CHANCE
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Nice ^^

I honestly like the Harvest Moon games. I used to play one of the ones on Game Boy Color to death way back when.