Main Menu

Games General

Started by NejinOniwa, September 27, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chocofreak13 she/they

i found a genius one at http://www.bishoujo.us/renpy/devel/doc/tutorial.html . it's rather complicated but it covers basically everything that could come up in the making of a visual  novel. i've found a few that are more user-friendly, too, so now the only things i really have to worry about are sounds and the like.

you guys are going to be official testers and i will list you in the credits roll =w=
(and i want you to be honest, if the story sucks or if there are plot holes or if one of the girls puts people off too much i need you to tell me :0 )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds good :3

So, I recently picked up Wario Land 4, after wanting it for years. While definitely not as good as Wario Land 2, it's still a pretty good game so far.

Chocofreak13 she/they

click to make it bigger

Nichi

Game Boy Advance. If you're interested, it seems to typically run about $6; I'd personally suggest Wario Land 2, for the Game Boy Color, over this if you have the option, but the 4th one is still an enjoyable game thus far

Chocofreak13 she/they

good to know. btw, they made warioware games for the GBA and such, right?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yes. There was the original (WarioWare, Inc.: Mega MicroGame$) and one sequel (WarioWare: Twisted) for the GBA :3

I played the original to death way back when. Still need to get my own copy of it

Chocofreak13 she/they

mmm, i remember warioware: twisted from back in the day since there was a bookmark for it at the school library. i should pick up a copy. :3

osc, to be super-old-school and use my GBC in public (but be limited in choice of games) or just regular old school and use one of my GBAs (but have a wider library)? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I'd go for a GBA. I generally use my GBASP for everything I can't do on my 3DS, but sometimes I might break out one of my other systems (There was one time I was playing Link's Awakening on my tomato red original Game Boy. This was about '07 or so >:3)

Chocofreak13 she/they

lime green GBC. -w-
both my GBAs are that lovely indigo colour. -w-

Spoiler: ShowHide
C IS A HIGHER LETTER SO OBVIOUSLY GBC IS BETTER, RIGHT
click to make it bigger

Nichi

There you go -w-;
Also, part of me wishes I had a Gamecube in indigo. Granted, I love my platinum one and have no plans to get rid of it, so...

On a different note, I'm scrapping the plans to play Star Wars: The Old Republic with my bro-in-law. It's become too much of a hassle to patch when the game's servers cap my download speed so low that it moves at maybe 1% an hour at best (That's at grandma's office, for the record. At home, I'd guess maybe 0.01% an hour), and whenever they release a new patch, I'll have to repeat this long frustrating process. It doesn't seem to be worth the trouble I'm going through to play it. :\

NejinOniwa

TIME TO CONQUER THE WORLD, BITCHES

EU4 prepurchase is tasty. :3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

LeaflameSD

So today I went to the gamestore and found MegaMan X7 for PS2. Pretty much bought it on site, and for a mere £2 (talk about bargain!). Now this game gets alot of hate from fans of the series alike, but IMO it can't be as nearly as bad as everyone says.

Nichi

@Leaf: Let me know how it is. I've always heard it's terrible, but I'd be curious to hear another angle on it

Chocofreak13 she/they

EVERYTHING IS TERRI[/shot]

mum saw Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life on my game pile today, picked it up and looked it over. THIS IS MY CHANCE
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Nice ^^

I honestly like the Harvest Moon games. I used to play one of the ones on Game Boy Color to death way back when.