"school appropriate" anime

Started by Chocofreak13, September 13, 2011, 12:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

I would've really liked to suggest Hunter x Hunter, as it starts out very nice but turns a bit too gore towards the later parts. >.> Watching only the first half of the first season, maybe? x) That anime sure develops into a violent direction considering its cute beginning.

Paul

May I ask why your school is so ...restrictive? (at least from what I've read it appears to me that way)

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on September 14, 2011, 03:36:05 AM
Additions from the new frontier:

Steins;Gate (Mindscrewing thriller, does have its share of violence but if FMA passes then well yeahEL PSY CONGROO)
Nichijou (Take PPD, add Lucky Star and Azumanga and a fuckton of ADDITIONAL weird. Might violate the school regulations on hazardous substances such as Mindfuckium and Randomium, do check before screening.)
Madoka (JUST WATCH IT ALREADY.)
Dantalian no Shoka (Doctor Who in a library. 10th doctor, ofc, not the bowtie guy, he just...creeps me out.)
STAR DRIVER (Hotbloodedness, PLOTTIDY, Nonlethal Mecha Violence and Not A Single Death In Entire Series, FABULOUS AS FUCK, THIS IS THE BEST ANIMU YOU COULD EVER SCREEN. Except for the fact that once in a while the Maidens have a tendency to stand naked in the water for their purifying rituals, this is totally ideal; so unlesss 0.3 units of Wako's ass every episode makes it no go, you should take this for first pick.)
Sasameki Koto (Wait a second...)

Haven't gotten around to watching Steins;Gate yet so I can't comment.

I wholeheartedly second Nichijou.

Madoka Magica is amazing and very intelligent but violent at points and generally depressing... yet I wouldn't think of it as worse (in violence or depressing-ness) than FMA. 

Haven't seen Dantalian but the premise sounds pretty good (and yeah Nej, I know what you mean about the 11th Doctor... yeah...) But i digress, no comment here either.

Star Driver ... ehhhhhhh... I don't think that'd work....

Sasameki Koto would probably work, if they were cool with implied schoolgirl romance, a lesbian couple and brief crossdressing. Really, it's probably the tamest yuri series ever. (Absolutely no nudity, sex, sexual situations, IMPLIED sexual situations, hell, there's not even kissing or hand-holding or outward proclamations of love...)

Quote from: Paul on September 14, 2011, 01:37:13 PM
May I ask why your school is so ...restrictive? (at least from what I've read it appears to me that way)

I'm kinda wondering the same thing... >_<

svx

Quote from: Acher13 on September 13, 2011, 03:45:53 AM
Quote from: svx on September 13, 2011, 02:32:22 AM
...what's the name of that one OVA series where the girl is a eroge seiyuu? :p
Koe no Oshigoto.. do that and it'd be something <insert some word here, its out of my vocabulary..plz>

Yes!  ty :p

We must not forget:

Megane na Kanojo
Kimi ni Todoke
iDOLM@STER
Dragon Ball * (only english dubs are appropriate, so I hear)
Bamboo Blade
...morel8r

stewartsage

Bamboo Blade, Azumanga Daioh, Pani Poni Dash, Nichijou, Sasameki Koto, and Roberta's Blood Trail seconded.

Might I recommend....

The most recent Negima OVA
Castle of Cagliostro
Ookami-san
Spice & Wolf (ECONOMICS)
G.A. Geijutsuka Art Design Class
Moyrashimon
Baccano!
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
The Lucifer And Biscuit Hammer (despite the titles, not really any religion involved)
Kuragehime
Pumpkin Scissors
Giant Killing
Sekirei

Chocofreak13

@paul: it's a public school? :\
@svx: we watched the first season of todoke when i was still there ^^ as it stands though, none of the members were there when i was, so they wouldn't understand the subsequent seasons. :\
@stew: they haven't even watched the first season of negima. so the ova is out. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Quote from: Pitkin on September 15, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
Quote from: stewartsage on September 14, 2011, 08:32:13 PM
Castle of Cagliostro

*squeals* This one~

Ahhh, Pitkin-dono has excellent taste.  That would probably top my list; it's a classic and you really don't have to know Lupin III to understand how awesome it is.

Chocofreak13

but will it get the club shut down due to content? :\

also, my friend recommended Angel Beats. ik red watched it, but i was wondering if anyone else could give a review, too?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on September 15, 2011, 04:05:06 AM
Quote from: Pitkin on September 15, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
Quote from: stewartsage on September 14, 2011, 08:32:13 PM
Castle of Cagliostro

*squeals* This one~

Ahhh, Pitkin-dono has excellent taste.  That would probably top my list; it's a classic and you really don't have to know Lupin III to understand how awesome it is.

Thirded. I  watched Castle of Cagliostro with my then six-year-old nephew and brother a few years back, if that gives you any idea of the content.

Chocofreak13

good.....good.

but we can't just watch movies in the club. we need series too. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I did just think of one series I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

Case Closed

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on September 16, 2011, 01:21:42 PM
I did just think of one series I'm surprised nobody mentioned:

Case Closed

Probably because it has, like, 500+ episodes? @__@;;;

Nichi

It doesn't have much of a continuing story, so they can really just watch a single season of it and still enjoy it. After the first few episodes of season 1 (Which introduce our main characters and such), you can pretty much jump to anywhere in the series you want without missing anything

Chocofreak13

hmm. that might be a good choice, actually. :3
click to make it bigger