Main Menu

random picture thread

Started by panda, February 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

TBH I still despise Nightvale; mostly because I never heard of it until Bella mentioned it once. and immediately after, two unconnected people on Tumblr that I follow began to post nothing but Nightvale shit for almost a month straight, and it was all untagged so Tumblr Saviour was useless in this instance >_>;;

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Bella on January 07, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
Interestingly enough, Stew got me re-listening to WtNV. I'd given up on it a few months ago, because Tumblr Social Justice Warrrrrrrioooooooorrrrrrrrs fangasming messily all over the series soured me to it intensely and indefinetly.

Also, I felt there were not enough women, or feminine genderqueer people. And I uphold a strict No Girls — No Bueno policy when it comes to most storytelling mediums (also, I really want "No Girls — No Bueno" printed on a teeshirt).
No Girls, No Bueno?

That's absolutely correct.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

So, with girls would be...?

(Yes, that is a real place; not something made up for King of the Hill -w-; )

Bella

@Kari: thatishot.jpg 0w0

@Pent: WtNV is actually really good and damned funny, I'd recommend giving it a try if you enjoy dark humor or absurd/surrealistic storytelling. I also feel like a hypocrite because I criticize people for judging source material based on their fandoms all the time. The Tumblr Night Vale fandom seems to be good intentioned (mean how can you argue against LGBTQA+ and PoC representation in the media?) but at the same time they're very loud and incredibly sanctimonious and hypocritical in various regards ("Cecil has no canon appearance! Make him anything you want! He may not even be a human being!" -> "IF U HEADCANON CECIL AS A WHITE MAN UR A RACIST & OPPRESSOR").

Then again, a good series having a small and loud minority of obnoxious fans is A Tale As Old As Time Itself, so idk why this would bother me so much.

@Nej: Thanks. -w-

Nichi

I know the feeling, but it's hard to get into it when for a month straight my Tumblr dash was flooded with "ALL HEIL GLOW CLOUD" and other nonsense from that show; drowning out the stuff I was interested in :\

(It almost never pops up anymore, thankfully, but I just don't have any interest in trying it)

Chocofreak13

ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD
THERE ARE NO DOGS IN THE DOG PARK
DO NOT APPROACH THE HOODED FIGURES
CECIL X CARLOS

@bells: what did i do again? .__.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

(all of my yes)

i'm beginning to think i should re-read my favourite book.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

i would like to see how that is possible.
click to make it bigger

LadyJackthePirate

Things to not cover in bacon: 1. Your cat, 2. Your smartphone, 3. Grandma, and 4. Your computer.
Things to cover in bacon: 1. Meatloaf, 2. Chicken, 3. Jalapenos, and 4. More bacon.

Nichi

@Kari: Indeed -w-;
@Jack: Cats are best weapon -w-

This seems hilarious in hindsight; given the Dreamcast was sadly short-lived, the PS1 had new releases up until roughly 2004, the N64 survived quite well, and most people would probably think "Project X" refers to Xbox and not the incredibly short-lived Nuon [/much_nerd]

Simonorged

Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

@jackie: battleeee KITTENNNNSSSSSSS
@pent: reverse the green and the blue and they inadvertently formed the windows logo. -w-;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Indeed -w-

Also, as I went to sleep last night, this came to mind:

LOOP ZOOP

On a different note, much nostalgia