Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfonso_rd_30

YOU MONSTER!!!

(just Kidding BTW)

Yesterday was my very own wrestlemaniafest... watched 12 hours of wrestling goig from 2009  to last year

Nichi

Nice. Sounds like something my bro-in-law would enjoy doing on one of his days off

Chocofreak13

there's too much to worry about, so i'd stop. you'll worry yourself into the ground if you're concerned over a little thing like that. :3
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

Chocofreak13

well i've got bad news for you because TOMORROW IS THE SVU MARATHON, SEXY MURDER ALL DAY LONG
click to make it bigger

alfonso_rd_30

oh, it's cool, the cause of worry is the sequence, not the shows

Chocofreak13

ahhh. that was sheer coincidence, usually it doesn't sync up like that. though i've been known to watch house and svu in the same day, and now that dr. who is back on saturdays, it's possible that sequence could happen again, :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

You know, something I was thinking about: What are some TV shows you liked at first, but slowly lost interest in?

For me, one that stands out in my mind is the '09 reboot of V (Based loosely on an earlier sci-fi series from the '80s). I enjoyed it at first, even though I'm not terribly fond of alien invasion stories (I find them to be a bit too generic as far as sci-fi goes), and with the cliffhanger at the end of the first season, I eagerly awaited the continuation...which didn't come until nearly a year later; season 1 ended in May 2010, and without any sort of announcement that it'd be delayed (At least, from what I remember), the second season didn't begin until January 2011. By that point, I had lost interest in it; I tried to watch it again when it came back, but it failed to interest me like it did when it began.

Bella

There was a second season? I assumed it just got cancelled after the first.

It's funny you mention V, since I had a similar experience with that series. I WANTED to like it - the plot sounded interesting, it wasn't flat-out awful from the onset and it starred Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin for gawd sake - but idk, it just didn't live up to expectations and there was nothing interesting or special enough about it to keep me watching.

Another one I can think of was Flashforward. It had an interesting premise (everyone on earth blacked out for several minutes and witnessed a glimpse of their future lives; the series followed a group of seemingly-unrelated people as they tried to piece together their futures and figure out what caused the "flash-foward") but it ended up being a rather vapid science-fiction mystery with no satisfying answers. And it got cancelled, so thanks ABC for making me waste a dozen hours of my life sitting through it.

Then again, I just looked it up and found out it was based on a novel, so maybe I'll give that a read and find out how it ended. >>

Nichi

I remember when I first heard about FlashForward, I thought it was a reboot of the Disney Channel sitcom from the early '90s and not a sci-fi series. Granted, when ABC announced Lost years prior, I thought they were bringing back the failed NBC reality show that I actually somewhat enjoyed instead of creating an all-new series ^^;;

Another one I lost interest in was Xena: Warrior Princess. I remember enjoying it way back when (It aired in a block on the weekend with Hercules: The Legendary Journeys; a show I still enjoy even years later), but toward the end of the series, at about the point Hercules ended, Xena started getting stupid; throwing in random new plot points that ultimately went nowhere. After a strange story arc about her being the reincarnated form of a great warrior of the past, only for the conclusion to basically be an uneventful "nope; she's not", I stopped watching.

Nichi

Something for the Doctor Who fans: a nice list of the 10 most memorable episodes and the life lessons they give. It's stuff like this that makes me love this series ^^

stewartsage

For some reason I'll always love Horror at Fang Rock.

Also, have I ever mentioned that The Soup is like the one show I never miss?

Nichi

Mmm. I used to watch that ages ago, but haven't seen it in forever. Granted, I rarely get to watch TV, as everything I'd want to see is either on while I'm at work or when mom's controlling the TV :\

Chocofreak13

how did i miss this thread lololol

to talk about the past topic, SVU has lost its spark for me somewhat; i keep it on for background noise only at times. though i'm still loyal to the show and watch it whenever i can. but anything past season 11 is stuff i don't watch, it's not even the same show anymore come season 12. (they REALLY should have just ended it there, since unless they plan to bring Stabler back as some GIGANTIC PLOT TWIST LOL, it really doesn't feel worth it.)

on a related note, are there any shows you guys love but they never seem to play anymore? my list goes:

New Detectives
Unsolved Mysteries
The Simpsons
King of the Hill (somewhat)
The First World War (thankfully i torrented it all already)
Flapjack/Chowder
House
Deadly Women
Doctor Who

there are probably others but i can't think of them right now. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

The second Chowder ended it disappeared from Cartoon Network, sadly.  Same with Flapjack but I didn't really like that to begin with.