Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i vote for a), d), i), j), and k). :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Vodka-kunc)  is interested in entertaining a diplomatic role of high power after I conquer most of the world
Well thought, my boy, but I'm afraid the demon overlord has dibs on all manner of conquering available.

Also, secret gf @ bells? Lulz'd. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

zjhentohlauedy

HMM A NERDY BIMBO.

sounds kinda like an oxymowrown =D

but maybe things happen *_*
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

@zen: no such thing.
@nej: and is there going to be a demon overlady behind the demon overlord?
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

lol i know XD
i don't even like bimbos. I want my girl to be pretty smart, i don't even mind if she's smarter than me in most things XD
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

everyone has their strong points and weak points. though, when someone knows more than me, i feel like an idiot and tend to get a little upset. >.>;

but ya can't know everything. i don't know much about classical literature, but i can sew no problem. and i don't know much about fashion or current pop culture. :\ but i can talk for an hour about manet's art and fix a desktop computer in my sleep. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 16, 2011, 11:57:56 PMand fix a desktop computer in my sleep. :3

This is a requirement for the future Mrs. Red.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Quote@nej: and is there going to be a demon overlady behind the demon overlord?
Not with the title. And conquering the world tends to get you enemies, so if there were, it'd increase my paranoia by several scales...

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 16, 2011, 11:57:56 PM
though, when someone knows more than me, i feel like an idiot and tend to get a little upset. >.>;

As long as they don't make me feel like a complete moron, I actually don't mind someone who's a little smarter than I am; for example, I occasionally have to pull out a dictionary to figure out certain words you're using, when usually I have to break out a dictionary to find ways to dumb down what I'm saying for most of the people who live in my hometown (I blew one's mind by saying "obscure". Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't say "egregious" in her presence...)

Chocofreak13

@pentium: i'd better not come to your town.....most of the words i use are egregiously obscure. :3
@red: lol. and i found a use for burnt out desktops yesterday, so now i'm nerdy AND eco-friendly! >w<;
@nej: you shouldn't be paranoid of people that are on your side. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I meant paranoid due to protectiveness. First thing someone does when trying to off an up-and-coming sovereign - go at their loved ones...it really is the oldest one in the book.

Chocofreak13

aw, that's actually really sweet. :3

and if you picked someone who was just as badass as you, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

but really, that's one of the sweetest things i've heard from you. who knew. ^^

xD
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I'm not much for sweet things...unless they contain sugar. ^^

Chocofreak13

am i to assume that you also partake in the consumption of sugar shots? :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on June 10, 2011, 07:12:59 PM
this might belong more in the "relationships" catagory, but what do you think about single people vs couples on long term happiness? can a person be single and happy for the rest of their life?
and for that matter, what about couples in sexless relationships vs those in 'normal' relationships?

It all depends on the individual. Regardless of sexuality, some people are perfectly content being single - other people, even those who AREN'T sexual beings, yearn for the close (romantic) companionship of others. (And of course there are people who want sex, but don't want romantic attachments.)

I'm certain that the majority of people, either sexual or asexual, want a significant other; but there are also people who don't want one, people who are ambivalent to the thought, and others, like myself, who only want an s.o. when they meet somebody whom they like and can imagine themselves in a relationship with.

The same is true for sexual v. sexless relationships - you can never say which one is happier, because it all depends on the people involved. A couple can have a happy, romantic relationship even if there's no sex (otherwise, how could you account for so many content elderly couples and asexual pairings?) - but at the same time, such a relationship would be hell for people who want a sexual relationship.

If you were to ask me the question "Could YOU be single and happy for the rest of your life?", I would reply with "Yes, if I didn't find somebody I wanted to be with. Otherwise, no." and if you were to ask me my feelings about being in a sexless v. sexual relationship, I'd repeat what I said toward the beginning of the thread - If I were with a sexual person, I'd personally be happier with the latter. I'm a pretty sensual person - I say this not in the oft-misused sexual sense, being "sensual" simply means being able to take pleasure in physical things, be it food, drink or touch - and if it's enjoyable for me and my partner, why not?