Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

tbh zoidberg is a rather nice guy, if a little oblivious to other's needs.

so associating with zoidbergs is good, if not ideal. tbh i'd prefer a fry. :3
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Guess what guys, I'm poly amorous
and guess what else.
it sucks.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Nichi

I have a question: How do you feel when a friend of yours is in a rough relationship, but you don't really know how to tell them?

One of my coworkers at Pizza Hut is having some issues with his girlfriend, and to be honest, with how she keeps toying with his emotions without a care, he should really leave her. She's known to break-up with him for whatever reason, only to get back together with him barely a week after and pretend nothing happened; this repeating on a cycle every few months. I really think he should leave her, as I don't think anybody deserves to be in a situation like that, but I don't really have any clue how to say it without making myself look like an ass :\

Chocofreak13

you could approach him during a break, a lull, or after work and say that you just want to talk for a sec, then open with something like "i know it's not really my business, but..." or "i'm not trying to sound like an ass here, but...", then tell him how you think an awesome fellow such as him deserves better than a girl who treats him like a plaything. be cautious, and if he seems agitated by the statement, drop it immediately and walk away. if he's not immediately apprehensive, keep your thoughts short, concise, and end with something like, "i just wanted you to know that."
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i think i have a crush on Steve, one of the guys in my sunday gaming group.

i feel like such a pre-teen dork right now i almost want to cry from how cringey it is >////<;;;;;;

i've thought Steve was kinda cute since i met him, despite him being an asshole at times and a couple years older than me (i think he's like, 27?), but Steve is also extremely phobic of women (idk what sparked it, maybe a childhood trauma or something, i don't see it as my place to ask), so i never thought much beyond that.
until last week when, on the way out, he tested and confirmed that he's not afraid of/nervous around me anymore. i was cordial and shook his hand, buuuut....

cue montage of subconscious me being turned on my head with all this awkward-as-shit emotion. i feel so dumb for even feeling this way, but fuck, i guess 14-year-old me decided to come LEEEROOOOY JENKINNNNS-ing through my psyche.

considering he's still phobic of women as a gender, likely sees me as nothing more than friend material and there being little to no basis for a relationship outside of a shared like of anime, video games, D&D, pizza, art, and puns (and that we apparently think the other is cute? he said i was adorable last week, but that was likely due to what i was wearing), i don't see it going anywhere.....but idk what to do in the interrim. i sure as hell don't want to tell him without some kind of sign that he feels the same way. i'm not telling anyone outside of Arty, and i think i kind of just want to bury this until it goes away. not that liking him is anything to be ashamed of, but i just don't want to be the only-one-feeling weird one here. never again.

on a positive note, outside of finding someone attractive, this is the first sort of romantic inkling i've felt for ANYONE in about 4 years, besides Donovan.....and it's a bit refreshing, honestly. to be able to say that i like someone that is a: totally outside what i normally consider attractive (shorter than me, short hair, idk how many common interests), and b: is outside of the circle of friends that i used to draw dating material from. to say that i feel this way about someone who has no connection to Don whatsoever feels....healthy. for the first time in my life.

on the other hand, the last time i had a legit crush on someone like this was when i was in 6th or 7th grade.....so like, 12? 13? oh god. >///__///<;;;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Mmm. I've yet to find anyone; I suppose maybe that's mostly because I've closed myself off to reduce the risk of ending up in a relationship that shackles me to this hellhole for life, as it feels slim to find someone whom is actually interested in me and lives in the area I plan to move, but all the same, I wish I had someone ;_;

Chocofreak13

it's such a weird thing, though......i'm not used to feeling this way about anyone non-fictional. it's so......awkward.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

>it's not donovan
I have been waiting for this day
good job, minion's subconscious
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Cockleshell

What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Simonorged

@Kari: Life and good luck to you. What do you want to happen with this?
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

Quote from: NejinOniwa on September 03, 2014, 01:15:06 AM
>it's not donovan
I have been waiting for this day
good job, minion's subconscious

hahahaha, never knew you cared so much. xD

@cockle: thanks? idk if it'll go anywhere.

@simon: idk where i want it to go. i think any sort of flustered feelings i had cooled with a good night's sleep, but i can safely say that this is like. not even close to love, but definitely like.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

so i forcibly mashed together the two halves i had split into, the 12-year-old and the 22-year-old, by just writing that shit down and handing the note to steve as we were leaving yesterday

if i recall, it read something like,

"I like you. ♥
not love, but good old fashioned like.
i know it won't go anywhere, but i wanted to stop being a pussy with my feelings.
the ball's in your court now, steve. i won't treat you any different, so it's only awkward if you make it awkward.
-k."

the way i see it, the last actual crush i had on someone was about 10 years ago, and i'm too damn old to give a shit about keeping it silent anymore. if he likes me, then super! if not, then that's cool. it felt kinda stupid to be all hush hush about it for an extended period so i was just like, fuck it, let's just do this thing.

i'ma stay true to the note, so in the  (highly likely) event he does not feel the same, he'll be the one to make it awkward if shit gets awkward.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

:3

...is it weird that I wish I could go out with Roxy...even though that's kinda hard when she and I are the same person? ^^;