Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Kraus

Yay date numbah one, success! Went to the sandwich shop and ended up hanging out there for two hours just talking about stuff like how we were both in band, both our mum's have had cancer in the past, we both have a strong love for Mustangs, and a ton of other stuff.

We also don't care much for sports (I enjoy football[soccer] but nothing else really other than late season baseball and hockey).

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Congrats man, I hope it works out! ^^

Nichi

@Kraus: Very nice ^^

You know, is it weird how, while part of me wishes I could find someone as I'm tired of feeling alone, part of me doesn't want to find someone for fear it might tie me down to Palestine for good?

Chocofreak13

nah, that's not a weird feeling bro, it's a legit problem. >8|

(out of curiosity: did anyone see that link?)
click to make it bigger

Bella

I saw / read your link, Kari!

tbh I know that feel Pent, although in my case it's not fear about being tied down to my hometown but rather being uprooted from it? I mean I love Stew and plan to live with him someday and be with him forever but at the same time I really don't wanna leave New England. On the contrary, I wanna live in/near Boston because I feel a deep soul connection with that city and I'm not sure I'll be happy with my life until I live there.

What I'm saying is I'm dragging Stew to Boston.

Chocofreak13

correction: you'll be dragging him to Chelsea or Revere, the towns near the closest national park.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Good to know, at least.

Bella

This is where we can come to talk about weird online friendships/hateships, y?

Before we go on we'll have to talk about two pieces of jargon I'm gonna use here:
Feminism (sometimes designated as liberal feminism to distinguish it from radical feminism), is about equality between men, women, and any and all other genders / sexes. Feminists want the rights of women (trans*women included) & non binary-gender people to be elevated to the status of men's. Its pretty simple and difficult to disagree with. Because who the fuck doesn't want gender equality?

Radical feminism, aka radfeminism, is a mockery of feminism that espouses female dominance over men, asserts that trans*women are just men trying to invade female spaces, and that trans*men are poor lost souls who have been tricked by THOSE SCARY PENIS-OWNERS into giving up their female-ness. There's a newer branch of radfeminism that purports to be trans*-positive and -inclusionary, but I don't know much about it so I can't speak for it.

So awhile back I semi-accidentally started following a radfem on tumblr, normally I hate radfems but she posted enough about New England to almost make it worthwhile, and she didn't post transphobic / trans-exclusionary bullshit like a lot of radfems do. Cue really weird mutual follow / tumblr acquaintanceship that was borderline oh-god-this-is-going-to-turn-awful-at-any-second-y.

Anyway, we just got into an argument over goddamned WORDING, of all things, and of course being unable to back up her arguments with any sort of rational logic - in true radfem fashion, since if they ever tried to apply logic to their arguments, they would fall apart like sandcastles under the foot of an elephant - she resorted to typical radfem wankery like name-calling and OH GOD SHUT UP-ing.

Basically I didn't even engage her in argument, since you can't argue with a radfem, because they don't run on logic and will resort to ad-homenim attacks or sputtering about TEH PATRIARCHY! or THOSE EVIL AWFUL LIBERAL FEMINISTS or TRANS PEOPLE INVADIN MAH SPACES, because the majority of them have mashed potatoes where their brains would normally lie.

On one hand I'm really glad that she stopped following me and that I can finally unfollow her, because she really was an acrid human being whom I immediately regretted coming into contact with several seconds after following. On the other hand... there is no other hand. I just wanted to let you all know that radfems are disguising excuses for social-justice advocates are you should totally kick one in the shins if you ever get the opportunity to.

NejinOniwa

@Bells:
I think there's actually a better term for them: Enatics. As opposed to the agnatic policies of patriarchal societies.

Funnily enough Enatic Elective is also one of the most stable forms of government in CK2, since so few AI rulers actually try to get female rulers that are eligible for election...DYNASTYMECHANICS.JPG

And yes, they're nuts. But we know that by now.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

Why can't "radfem" refer to really cool feminine people instead of "THE PENIS IS EVIL" types?

But, yeah. Any sort of radical group is not good; tarnishing the name of something originally intended for good and driving people away from whatever it is they're crazy over, like PETA to animal rights activism. While I'd say ignore them, often times they're the most vocal; making the reasonable side of the movement look bad.

Also...
Quote from: Bella on September 29, 2013, 12:24:03 PM
...because the majority of them have mashed potatoes where their brains would normally lie.

I love this quote so much xD

Chocofreak13

pent pretty much covered what i was going to say. i mean, you can take any large group out there, and they will always be cast in a negative light due to the fringecrazies. some mormons might be lovely people who just want to have a large (read: 4 or 5 kids) family. but then the polygamist sects and 20(?) kids and counting comes along, and suddenly all mormons are multi-wifed clans with like, a jillion kids.

fringecrazies are usually the reason that smaller religions are viewed in a negative light by the larger ones. Wicca has NEVER participated in human sacrifice or worshiped the "devil", and Santeria outlawed it in the 30's (and doesn't worship satan either), but ask a mid-western christian about either and THAT'S what they'll turn to.

the basic formula seems to be X * Y = -X, where X is the "fandom" (religion, worldview, fandom, etc) in question and Y is the Radical point of view.
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

I got a QT 3.14 girlfriend. Go look at random pics for my reaction. woot.

Chocofreak13

me
don
>"sis says we need a concrete number since it's getting so close, so i need a hard yes or no"
>"Then I cant, I have 2 appontments and a baptism, followed by leaving for texas on the 14th,"
>"*sigh* yeah, i kinda saw this coming. sorry if i bothered you or whatever."
>"K
>"You really need to get over the idea that my world revolves around you, it doesn't. I have other things other people and more important family members to take care of then worry about if I have upset you."

>"not that i'm surprised, but pretty narcissistic of you to assume that. on the contrary, i bend over backwards to get the slightest bit of your attention and for what? for you to think of and treat me like a hot pile of garbage. and i really need to learn that that's all you'll ever think of me in the end. you can be a really shitty friend at times too, okay? i have to make a goddamn reservation with you months in advance just to hang out for a few hours, and i accepted that with the idea that maybe, JUST MAYBE, you'll actually live up to your committments.
>i asked you about this MONTHS in advance, don. i KNEW i would have to because you're such a fucking jet setter. but like i said, i sorta knew you'd flake on me in the end, like you always do.
>enjoy your fucking vacation."
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quoted from my twitter:

Women, no matter much research is conducted man will never understand.

Pretty much how I've felt on the issue these past couple of days