Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 12, 2012, 11:49:02 PM
as i said, there are multiple factors to deal with for both of you. if you stay here, you basically have the guarentee of steady employment with your father. but if you go, stew has a greater chance of finding a job. :\

Ehhhhhh, I've been working more-or-less pro bono for the last two years, so I'd hesitate to say that I have steady employment. I refuse to help him with the actual practicals of the business (like shooting and going to art shows), instead choosing to help with the "office stuff" (organization, scheduling, finding events, etc.)

I'm planning on starting my own business, and my dad even said that he'll help invest in the startup (which won't be less than several thousand dollars), so as long as Stew ends up someplace where I can find a market for my work, I could theoretically make as much money in his neck of the woods as I'd make up here.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 13, 2012, 09:33:52 AM
@Bella: The best advice I can offer is follow your heart :3

Which is difficult when the two great loves of your life are a person and a geographic region. >>;

Nichi

Well, then my best advice is to break your own heart; so you can leave half of it in the New England area and give half to Stew -w-
</missing_the_point>

stewartsage

Bella

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 13, 2012, 11:52:00 AM
Well, then my best advice is to break your own heart; so you can leave half of it in the New England area and give half to Stew -w-
</missing_the_point>

Quote from: stewartsage on August 13, 2012, 04:29:45 PM
I'll get the saw.

NO GUYS, GURO IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Nichi

xD

I was wondering how long it'd take for you to comment on that

Chocofreak13

@bella: you sure about that?
click to make it bigger

SleepyD

........................reading this, I think I missed some important events over the years. Update? XD;

Alas, a relationship has yet to find me. I should probably go out to look for it myself, but that may be a bit difficult, considering my location away from most of my acquaintances and friends. (and.... I started this thread? really? man my memory sucks.)

Nichi

Well, here's what I know, relationship wise among the users:

- Bella and Stewartsage are in a relationship
- Pitkin and Fedora-tan got married
- I've yet to find anybody. Usually, the stars align in a way that a girl seems to show interest in me...and then something always happens that keeps it from getting any further than knowing each other on a first-name basis, before being torn apart :\

Chocofreak13

over time, the most romantically experienced person here (me) seems to have absorbed some of bella's asexual tendencies. i could seek a relationship with someone, but i'm choosing not to, since i don't want to right now. it's like harvest moon: plenty of prospects, but it's just not the right time. i have animals to feed and crops to tend. >w>;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quoteit's like harvest moon: plenty of prospects, but it's just not the right time. i have animals to feed and crops to tend. >w>;
That is now the officially most out-of-the-left-field reference EVER. XD
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

you're welcome, prospect! xD

(it really fits the situation, though. .__.; )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

If we're going to start referencing video games in terms of wanting a relationship, for me it'd be more like Persona 3.

A strong social link makes me stronger. Therefore, if I got together with the perfect girl, I'd feel more badass than [take a pic: Batman, Bruce Lee, OpenVMS-tan]

SleepyD

Quote from: PentiumMMX on August 20, 2012, 01:19:12 PM
Well, here's what I know, relationship wise among the users:

- Bella and Stewartsage are in a relationship
- Pitkin and Fedora-tan got married
- I've yet to find anybody. Usually, the stars align in a way that a girl seems to show interest in me...and then something always happens that keeps it from getting any further than knowing each other on a first-name basis, before being torn apart :\
Well then. News to me. Hope they are having a good time, and hope for even better times for the future~

And... yeah, I can't seem to recall any girl showing an interest to me. Either that or I just don't hang out with people all that often or I'm completely oblivious.  Probably the former. Maaaybe the latter, but I'd hope I'd notice if a girl shows some interest in me.

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 20, 2012, 01:29:20 PM
over time, the most romantically experienced person here (me) seems to have absorbed some of bella's asexual tendencies. i could seek a relationship with someone, but i'm choosing not to, since i don't want to right now. it's like harvest moon: plenty of prospects, but it's just not the right time. i have animals to feed and crops to tend. >w>;
haha, nice.
I'm not asexual, but I guess the priority in getting a relationship has never been that high for me.
Although, now that I've graduated college and work a full time job a decent drive away from where the majority of my family and friends are, there's a distinct lack of social interaction that I'm missing. Therefore, the desire to get a relationship has gone up significantly. Still, I pretty much have as much relationship experience as a nerdy middle school kid, so... yeah. (And yet, people like to come to me for relationship advice, weird)

Bella

....Is that really you, SleepyD? Or has my computer transported me into some kind of time-warp? @___@

Yep, Stew and I are dating now, it's still an LDR still but it's serious... we wanna live together sometime after he graduates and we have the money and means to do so. :)

Also, I feel like I have to mention that being asexual does not equate to having a lack of interest in dating ... the majority of aces I've encountered have been interested in finding a romantic partner or, in the case of aromantic aces, primary platonic partner(s). Though it can be pretty difficult, depending on their preferences - some aces are okay with dating non-asexual folks and even entering into a sexual relationships, others dislike sex and will only seek out other asexuals or folks with lower sex drives. Considering that only 1% or so of the population is asexual, the dating pool can be pretty small for aces seeking other aces.

SleepyD

I wish you two good luck then. :3

And yes, indeed it is I. Or maybe my cosplaying Okabe caused a freakin' time loop thing. hm...

One of my friends in high school, somehow ended up being an asexuality awareness advocate. I don't think he set out to be one, but it's probably because he likes explaining things, and as a PhD physics student he has some experience talking to lecture halls and stuff. haha
I haven't talked to him in forever, but I did check out some of his stuff. But yeah, the fact that you can't peg all asexual people as "SEX--DO NOT WANT" makes it rather difficult to explain to those not willing to listen to an explanation longer than 2 minutes.