Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Parent/Child relations generally work best when they're not exploding in your face.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Nichi

True that, Nej. I'm slowly losing respect for mom, because she seems to think I'm 10 when I'm almost 21 >_<

There are times where she actually seems reasonable and accepting of the fact I'm an adult, but then there are times where she seems to think I'm still a child. It's really hard to trust her when she feels my boss (Whom she used to work for) is a more trustworthy person than Kari

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 17, 2012, 11:10:42 PM
maybe that's a good thing? :\ i was expecting him to completely invalidate your feelings again. so maybe this is a blessing.

1) That was a very good thing and 2) Yes, I was expecting him to invalidate my feelings as well. But he didn't. Sure, he voiced concern about me getting too involved or whatever, but that's a pretty reasonable thing to say given the circumstances - few people expect young(ish) or first love to last.

@Pentium: I really don't know how to give you advice, since that's never really an issue I had with my dad... he's incredibly protective of me, yes, but he's also respectful of my privacy, sometimes, it feels, too much so (IOW, to the point of not caring about my personal life), and supports my desire to make my own business, become a non-traditional student (when I have the means to go to college) and travel...

Nichi

That's good. I honestly feel my mom has never respected my privacy; she may not be quite as bad now as she was about 5 years ago, but it still seems like I'm not allowed to have any privacy at all

Chocofreak13

my mum has a comfortable medium between your parents. she's protective of me till she realizes the thing she was protective of isn't a threat. then, she's cool.
as for privacy issues, i've been a private person since i was a kid. i let her in on the important stuff (medical, financial, political, school, and occasionally social issues), but in terms of my life, she leaves me be, which is all i really want.

as for my dad, i don't count him as a parent. he has no concepts of privacy, boundaries, or respect. as a result, he's kind of just like a room mate i hate that i can't kick out. :\

when i have an important issue that i can't talk to my mum about (relationship shit, other stuff she doesn't always get or overanalyzes), i talk to my friends or my sister. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Today is Stew's and my one-year anniversary (according to when we changed our FB relationship statuses). :)

Nichi

Awesome ^_^

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of when I officially made the decision to try and meet up with Kari, after she invited me to come visit (Going by the date I first mentioned it in my journal). Now, one year later, I have everything in place to finally take her up on her offer; as we meet up for epic adventures, some anime, and plenty of Coca-Cola to go around :3

Chocofreak13

for me, today is the 1-year anniversary of.....nothing. though we watched Ben-to earlier today, and it's set about a year ago.

congradulations to you both. :3
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

It's slightly over five years since Fedora-Tan and I went together. Around this date, five years ago. *nods*

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quote from: Wikipedia on May 91945 – World War II: Ratification in Berlin-Karlshorst of the German unconditional surrender of May 8 in Rheims, France, with the signatures of Marshal Georgy Zhukov for the Soviet Union, and for the Western Headquarters Sir Arthur Tedder, British Air Marshal and Eisenhower's deputy, and for the German side of Colonel-General Hans-Jürgen Stumpff as the representative of the Luftwaffe, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel as the Chief of Staff of OKW, and Admiral Hans-Georg von Friedeburg as Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine.
Yeah, that or something.

Chocofreak13

congradulations on the end of nazi germany? :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Bella

Happy anniversary Pitkin-sama and Fedora-dono. : D

(I guess what they say about spring being the season for love is true?) ^^

Nichi

@Pit: Happy anniversary ^_^