Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

You did... remember that I answered? :p

I'm sure you understand that not everyone is as willing to open up about such personal stuff online as you are, Kari-chan.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

heh. i take the closed viewpoint everywhere online but here. here is basically home. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

/OSC/ knows things about me that practically nobody else does.

I am so screwed if >insert family/friend here< ever find this site. -w-

IanDanKilmaster

Aw, that's so sweet :3.

And same here Bella, I know what you mean.  Luckily, no one I know would ever find this site.

stewartsage

I know right?  Thank goodness only my brother really ever uses the internet in my family.

Bella

Yeah, nobody in my near-family uses the internet much either. And nobody uses my computer, so i'm probably safe there.

My brother is the only person I know who could conceivably stumble upon this site.... he's an anime fan, but his interests are hardly obscure/geeky enough to draw him to this corner of the internet.

Nichi

Well, I pretty much answered how my family relations are much earlier in the topic...at least, my relations with my parents. Until December '08 (When she got married and moved out), my sister was who I mainly had problems with; it started off with her just being tired of how all I talked about was video games (Which was all I had going for me, because nobody at church wanted anything to do with me because I didn't abide by the social norms for boys), but it eventually got to the point where she hated my presence and made it known that the day she could finally move out was a day that wouldn't come soon enough.

Thankfully, she got married, moved away, and as a result, became a much better person. Finally, she's back to being the cool big sister I remember from when I was little.

Quote from: Bella on August 27, 2011, 02:40:58 PM
/OSC/ knows things about me that practically nobody else does.
I am so screwed if >insert family/friend here< ever find this site. -w-

Agreed

NejinOniwa

The clan knows everything and everyone, /osc/ included.

The clan doesn't care much. The clan's general stance on the internet is "K, cool story bro."

The height of the clan's problem right now is probably my dad being annoyed at me for being too lazy (and so on). Which he has been for like 8 years now, so yeah.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

going over the disputes in my family would involve airing alot of dirty laundry and would take up way too much time, effort, and posting space. :\

that said, there's alot of things here that no one outside would get, and that's what makes this place really special to me: the closeness of us all (due largely to the small population here, we're not even considered a village by internet standards). ^^
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

@necropost: you guys ever wonder about what's not said in family relationships? my sister ranted at me earlier about how i think i'm better than everyone else and how i talk with an attitude all of the time. :\

she can be a bit of a manipulative sociopath at times, so i'm not going to take her comments seriously. but whenever she says something like this to me (she's done this alot before, on different topics, sometimes going so far as to project her personality flaws onto me) it always leaves me wondering if the rest of my family thinks so.

she's not here alot of the time, so i end up feeling like an only child. and that suits me just fine.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Not really.  Well, sometimes with my father but everyone else pretty much speaks their mind.

Nichi

Sometimes, I wonder if people in my family see me as a failure, at least in contrast with dad; who, at the same age I am now, was far more successful. But, then I say "screw it; the great ones granted me a sword to cut my own path, so who cares what they think of where I'm going in life?", and carry on with my day

IanDanKilmaster

I often feel that way, Choco.  Not just with family, but with people in general.  Of course, I'm generally very neurotic, and that sends me into a very paranoid and insecure mode.  I just spend so much time in conversation trying to read people, just to see if maybe they're not letting me know what they really think.  I've gotten better at managing it with age, but I still have those thoughts lurking in my head.  It doesn't help that my parents have proven that they do talk to other people about me and ask people I know questions about me - things that they haven't asked me.  In all fairness, that's probably because I've made such a habit out of separating out my life and being such a private guy.

Chocofreak13

i guess it's a bit different here. i wish we were more straightforward, but with the consequence of retaliation (i've been threatened with being kicked out or being denied food for speaking my mind sometimes) it leaves us putting on a friendly face even when we really want to rip the other's guts out.

i hope that i'm not inspiring that reaction with people. if i can talk to my mum later, that should help ease my mind--she tries not to lie to me about these things.

(as i was writing this, my mum called, and since she doesn't think that way about me, it looks like it was just another of my sister's rants.)

@dan: according to my mum, i seem to sound angry alot when i talk. i don't hear it, so i don't notice it when i'm talking (this is just the way i talk ;^; ), so it results in alot of misunderstandings. it kinda makes me miserable to think about it.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

I know what you mean, but in a different way.  I've worked so hard at deadpan delivery of my sarcasm, that my mom (and most other people) can't seem to be able to tell the difference when I'm telling a joke and being serious.  It's actually gotten to the point where I don't even notice it.  I deliver sarcastic or satirical remarks without even a hint of change in my emotion, so it's like Poe's Law is in effect every I say something in a normal tone.