Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

which is ok. only 2 of us seem to use them to describe our personalities anyway.

since it falls in a similar vein, how do all of you get along with your parents?

for those who don't already know, my mother is a saint, while my father belongs in hell. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

My parents are government-employed trolls.
My late streak of NEETing has them a bit annoyed, but the clan stays tight.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

My dad is a plice officer and my mum is a general accountant for a software company.  I get along with them fairly well, tho my mum can be a bit of a controlling SWMBO at times.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Nichi

My mom's a nurse and my dad works in the maintenance department, both at the same hospital I work at. I get along well with both; as long as, when talking with dad, I don't bring up any topic pertaining to the Dart. It's the source of many of our arguments; he still thinks it's a great car, and doesn't understand why I preferred the Omni or why I'd put more money into my fleet.

My mom does occasionally do some things that annoy me, although generally it's small things; like buying crappy Wal-Mart brand cola instead of Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or even RC. Although she is still a bit protective of me, she thankfully isn't as overprotective as she was years before; when I was younger, she was almost Knight Templar over what was ok and what wasn't.

Chocofreak13

my mom works at my uncle's feed and grain store, and my dad is a self-employed contractor. as i said, my mother has pretty much attained saint-tude, by taking in various friends and family in their times of need, no matter the circumstance. she's driven several towns over to rescue people, and if we truely needed anything, she didn't mind helping, she's my rock, and whenever she leaves, things tend to go to shit.

my dad, however, is a bastard (almost literally). he hates people (including us), hates how my mother helps people, and hates anything that doesn't fit into his routine. he's a former alcoholic, a raging jerk, a chain smoker, and has OCD. he gets up at 4 am and coughs so loudly it usually wakes up anyone not wearing earplugs. he goes to bed at 7:30 sharp, and if we have the tv over 25 he comes out and turns it down for us (if he doesn't shut it off). he insists on conserving energy to the point where it interferes with our daily lives, screams at us if we throw away cardboard or plastic instead of recycling it, cancels out DVR recordings, and has no respect for other's property. he's threated to kick us out (me and sis), gives dirty looks to any friends we bring over, and calls us 'mistakes'.

and that's not even mentioning all the shit he's pulled over the years. it's not often that you hear someone wish a parent dead--and they mean it.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Your mom sounds about like my great uncle was. He was a very cool guy; he'd always try to help those in need, and was understanding (When one of his sons came out of the closet a few years back, he didn't seem to mind; his reaction was literally "Whatever floats your boat") and wise. It's a shame he passed away, mere days before my 18th birthday...

As for your dad...he makes my boss seem like a nice guy. That takes a certain kind of evil, really

Chocofreak13

he's threatened to kill the cat, since her vet bills were getting rather steep.

i can only think of 3 things he's good for: stories about his childhood, advice on rebuilding scooters or gardening, and paying for crap. :\

and if he died, we'd be able to do that last one anyway. :\

also, your great uncle sounds like a wonderful person. reminds me a little of my brother's great uncle, who lived to be 108 (?). the best thing about him was his sense of humour, apparently. even at his age, his mind was clear as a bell. :3
click to make it bigger

Remilia

My dad seems to be almost the same as yours, Choco (or maybe just was, as I haven't seen him for years so there's a tiny possibility he has changed). He did the same conserving energy-thing, and said things like "I hope you all go to hell" and always complained that the footsteps of others in the house were too loud. He always smelled of booze and only behaved nicely if his friend(s) were visiting.

I'm really happy that we fled to my grandma's place and after a while moved into an apartment where my dad wouldn't be.

Chocofreak13

wish we could. he's not a boozehound anymore, but he retains the vile attitude he had when he was drinking. :\

i'd rather live in a crackerbox apartment than here, if we could. as long as i had my own room, i'd be ok. :\
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

yay, i killed the thread with my hatred!! ^^

ok, to revive: anyone ever noticed an odd quirk with someone that really bothered you? or that you really liked?
or just an odd personality characteristic? (like how i'm willing to bet that some of you would have joined me in eating captian crunch and watching a WWI documentary. :3)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Bells.  She tends to giggle a lot.  At least around me that is.  Its not annoying.... all the time.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 21, 2011, 08:39:47 PM
Bells.  She tends to giggle a lot.  At least around me that is.  Its not annoying.... all the time.

Stewart, I was happy. Perhaps.....TOO happy. You have that effect on me (in person or not), and I'm sure the giggling/extreme giddiness will wear off after a week or so extended exposure to each other. .//.

You...... walk fast. And aren't pushy/rude enough in crowds. This makes me slightly disappoint in you. ;-;

Chocofreak13

heh. lover's quarrel?

and think of it this way: you can be pushy for him! ^^
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 21, 2011, 08:47:04 PM
heh. lover's quarrel?

and think of it this way: you can be pushy for him! ^^

There are no lovers' quarrels between us. I tried being mad at him, once... it was about an hour before I gave up on that endeavor. .////.

I want to make him come to Boston so he can learn the ways of the Rude Commuter.

Chocofreak13

but i'm a commuter, and i try not to be rude. :\

(the only rude commuters i've ever met are die-hard red sox fans. loud, pushy, and too many of them, and the majority are guido-types, which only puts me off of them more.)
click to make it bigger