Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

jeez, i was only using that as an example there. wanted to continue the conversation. i'll go remove the post. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Wait, huh?

How would that continue the convo in a thread about hentai fetishes/non-fetishes? :o

Chocofreak13

not sure if that was a fetish thread, anyway, since we already had a fetish thread.

and it could have applied to relationships in hentai. is hentai better when everyone finds someone? or can one of the characters be alone?
click to make it bigger

Bella

Ahh. Gomen nasai, I misunderstood you. (Especially when you mentioned that it should maybe be posted in "Relationships".) -w-;

Chocofreak13

i only said that because it didn't contain blatant sexual innuendo. it could apply to either topic. :\
click to make it bigger

Remilia

I didn't have any experience with relationships until I was 22 years old, when something suddenly happened, I had my first kiss and...other things happened. Within a year from that I had had a relationship of some kind with three people (one woman, two men), but somewhere during last year I had to accept that two out of those three I had to give up on (well, both of them are still my friends so that's a good thing). I'm hoping to continue the relationship with the third person, but I can find at least three things that could be a problem with that, one problem being the language...

Since the thread feels kind of monogamic here, I could also mention that I had a chance for polyamoric relationship earlier this year. The only problem for me was the lack of "chemistry": Even if I like both of the people in question and we have pretty much the same hobbies/interests/values, it just felt that it couldnt work out.

Bella

I don't doubt that some people can have successful polyamorous relationships, but it seems like it would be very difficult in most cases, given typical human nature and the jealousy/mistrust it entails. For me it's always seemed like taking the difficulty of finding one suitable partner/maintaining a romantic relationship and multiplying it by x. ^^;;;;

That, and I'm a very pair-bonding person so the whole idea of wanting to have a relationship with more than one person at a time seems rather alien to my mind.

Chocofreak13

i doubt i could be in a polyamorous relationship. i'm too jealous. :\
click to make it bigger

Remilia

I could imagine it working for me with two partners, but with more people it'd probably get trickier. But I'd also be fine with just one partner. ^^

About jealousy: One of my friends that I now haven't seen for years, was really jealous of me hanging out with my other friends, I still don't know what was that about... Especially because she went out with her other friends too.

Chocofreak13

maybe she felt a stronger attachment to you. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The only way I could pull off a polyamorous relationship would be if I really, really trusted that person. Otherwise, make mine monogamic

zjhentohlauedy

only polygamous relationship i can think of is having a harem <O>___<O>

But then with that kind only i win <O>___<O>
My my, aren't you lovely~

Krizonar

I'm not sure if I got further into my relationship or not.

I took great care of her, she cried on my shoulder and I kept her safe and happy, but we didn't really talk about romance or do anything especially romantic, as far as that goes. We were too busy having fun for the most part to be concerned about it.

Though it was revealed she had a crush on me far before I expected and if I had pounced earlier, we might be in a (official) relationship right now, in fact.

I hope I didn't miss my chance. I just have to stay dedicated! I HAVE moved to best friend status, which means a lot.

zjhentohlauedy

well i know a couple who has more fun rather than romance and they are pretty content D:

Besides being her best friend means you're closest to her heart :3
My my, aren't you lovely~

Krizonar

Any couple can be romantic, true couples are silly...  :D

and true! she was so nice to me as I fended for her over the trip.