Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

@Sleepy: That's the inverse of me. As a kid, I had people tell me I'm not happy enough; jumping to the conclusion I'm sad\angry\whatever because I'm not skipping through space in a Pop Tart costume, leaving a rainbow trail while repetitive music plays in the background

Chocofreak13

dude, you're in texas. this cat is more accurate to your situation.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Chocofreak13

that would be Waffles the Cat, gaia's resident NPC Kitty/Facebook Sensation. (srsly, he's so cute!! >w< )
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: SleepyD on April 22, 2013, 12:58:53 PM
Quote from: Bella on April 19, 2013, 04:23:37 PM
I got INFP on an online Myers-Briggs personality test. However, it seemed a bit short and the site looked a little sketchy, so I'll have to retake it on the site you linked. -w-
Ever get around to retaking it? :3

Not yet! I've been meaning to, but I wanna do it when I don't have any distractions and can really think about the questions and answer honestly. Maybe I'll set aside some quiet time tonight and get it done. -w-

QuoteThanks~
And if that's the case, I hope you don't mind if I randomly message you with nothing in particular to talk about. ^^; I do that, particularly with people who understand that I'm not very good at continuing conversations either. Well, I do try, but it is more of a "move on to a new topic every five minutes, punctuated by hour-long silences" sort of continuation. lol
(But if the topic touches on a topic I am passionate about, I can ramble on and on for a while).

I tend to be this sort of conversationalist on Skype too, tbh, so I can understand. ^^;

QuoteThanks~ Is Skype like the default messaging program nowadays? I remember when it used to be AIM. The association of skype with voice/video chat was the main reason why I avoided it for so long. Not to mention that the default client is quite annoying, and I wish there were good alternatives to it. It takes up way too much monitor space. AIM was annoying in its own way too, but at least I can use Pidgin or some other alternative to it.

I use Skype along with AIM and YIM (usually via Adium), but I don't do voice / video chats very often, generally because of difficulties coordinating with my contacts. I agree though, I dislike Skype (PARTICULARLY the newer Windows versions of Skype) and wish there was a decent alternative to it. x.x

Nichi

Agreed. I wish there was some kind of mirror WINE that allows Linux programs to run on Windows; because the Linux version of Skype is superior to the most recent Windows version, which I had a multitude of problems with :\

Bella

Maybe try downgrading to an older version? :/

Nichi

That's what I did. Only problem is at startup, it gives me a "upgrade to the new version!" nag screen >_<

Chocofreak13

usually there's a check box to get rid of that. :\
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

Okay so status report.

Due to the fact that her life is moving on (and I have little to no place in it), I soon will have no place to be in love with the girl I mentioned before. As things stand though I will have the chance to hang out with her, but only as a friend. At the place I'm in she has decided not to return, but she is indecisive and I don't know if that will change, though I do doubt it.

I likely will never get to show her how I feel (in all ways).
Time to move on, still hurts like a bitch though.
Simon was here :P

Chocofreak13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMM4iwC-ag

time heals all wounds, man. you'll look back on this in a few years and smile for what you had. :3
click to make it bigger

Simonorged

You know what sucks about all this more than anything else?
The fact that she was gone all week and then decides at the end of that week that she isn't coming back. Am I selfish for wanting a "last day" with her? I mean when/if I see her from now on it wont be the same. I wont be able to hold her, I wont be able to speak of the same topics, I would have appreciated a "last day".  >:(

@choco: no doubt, I don't regret a single second with her. She was/is the greatest friend I've ever had. And literally the second person I'd ever fallen in love with. First one is an odd story.

Nichi

I don't think it's selfish to want one last day with someone you're close with; it's nice to have some closure before you part ways

Bella

I'm sorry to hear about this turn of events, but it's good that you recognize that you won't be able to be with her; rejection is bad enough, but false hope or obsessing over someone you can't be with is unhealthy and will only prolong the pain. I hope you can move on fully and be able to find somebody with whom you share a reciprocal affection.

Also, seconding Pentium here, I don't think that's selfish at all.

Simonorged

Yeah, I hear you.

Oh, and I did.