/OSC/ Skypetable RPG - Overview Thread

Started by NejinOniwa, February 08, 2011, 02:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

OVERVIEW THREAD - SKYPETABLE RPGs
_________________________________________________________________________________________

[ONGOING GAMES]

Changeling
Resources: Chocofreak13
Primary GM: Chocofreak13
Secondary GM: NejinOniwa (?)
Players: [Chocofreak13], (StewartSage), NejinOniwa, BellaCielo, TheClone, (Dr. Kraus)
Current PC Party: Cilvarge Nathtain, Dorothy Thea, John Gila, Astrid Dürin (NPC)
Current Campaign/Module: Simon's Say
Current Status: In progress, Stage 1 / Scene 4-5.

Eventual
Resources: Other
Primary GM: Games
Secondary GM: Go
Players: Here, Following
Current PC Party: The
Current Campaign/Module: Same
Current Status: Formula.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

[PROPOSED GAMES]

Mutant: Heirs of the Apocalypse (Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare)
Resources: NejinOniwa
Primary GM: NejinOniwa
Secondary GM: TheClone
Players: GM + 4 or more
Theme: Post-Apocalypse/Science Fiction/Mutants
Setting: Scandinavia, Northern Europe
Issue: All material is in Swedish, Swedish GM able to auto-translate or likewise needed.

Report in if interested.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

Placeholder for Ruleset/detailed status on specific games. Will update once I have games and status to update with.

Changeling ruleset:
THE G IN GM STANDS FOR GOD. Also SRS BZNS applies.
Download Core Rulebook here
Online resource for character generation and such here
The Plot So Far - Summary: Will write here when I have time.
Technical Specifications: Main communications done through Skype via audio or, in case this does not function properly, text chat, in conference call. Virtual dice roller is found here.
Character Deadline: ALL CHARACTER CREATION MUST BE COMPLETED, AND REPORTED AS COMPLETED ITT OR TO GM IN CHARGE, AT LEAST 6 HOURS BEFORE PLANNED START OF A SESSION. If not, you are at the GM's mercy and goodwill for getting let in.

Chocofreak13

yay, thankyou for organizing this. ^^

lesee, changeling can be crossed over with other games of the whitewolf series (vampire, werewolf, mage, wraith, etc) but for the first game we play of it i'd like to keep it simple in the name of getting everyone started. once everyone has their feet wet, then we can dive into the heavier stuff, such as expanded races/crossovers/different settings/etc.

i will provide the core book on request, however if we play i have 3 conditions:

1. take it seriously. changeling is crazy, so i'm all for randomness, but purposely goofing off, talking on the side, or detracting from the game is just rude, and i won't tolerate it. >:[

2. i don't tolerate backseat DMs. after one almost ruined my birthday, i'm not gonna take someone telling me how to do my job. >__<

3. don't piss me off. i'll thumb-of-god anyone who breaks the rules or breaks the plot on a regular basis. >__>;;

sorry if this sounds bitchy, but i want to lay this out now before it has the chance to cause problems. >__< (i wouldn't peg any of of you to do any of this, but this is just in case. ^^; )

i'd really like to play with you guys. nothing's more fun than playing a game overnight, well into the stupid hour. ^^
click to make it bigger

TheClone

Uh, hullo :)

This is Nejin's cousin. Not sure what introduction would be correct - I'm an old RPG:er, never online but many years offline. Been a while now but I'm excited to play.

yeah

NejinOniwa

Updated first post with relevant data, plus some info on M:UA (or M:HotA as it is here).

Also welcometh to clone. -w- I'll be bugging you to get on skype more~ .w.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

AW KAY, FOLKS, HERE IS THE DEAL.

Tonight at 6pm Eastern Standard or at midnight Scandinavian Standard, there will be character making works over skype. All players are advised to be present (Me and clone will, K-chan as well, so report in plz) so we can get this done.

The first gaming session will be on Saturday (the 12th feb) and will (preliminarily) start at 6PM EST/24:00 SST. LET'S DO EET~

Dr. Kraus

I don't know what this is, but get me in it.

NejinOniwa

TheClone

Do we use audio or video when we play or just chat? This affects where I need to be saturday night as Nejin's internet is a ducati compared to my bicycle ADSL

NejinOniwa

Audio is likely to be used. OpenRPG - the program we'll be using - has chat channels, but we'll be using that for technicalities only.
Would be easier if you were here anyway, methinks. The more the merrier~ And Nightwalking on your own can be quite boring if you don't get into things properly.

Video seems like a far shot, though. It tends to lag a lot, even from my end.

Alright, all, I've setup the OpenRPG room. It's on the Blackstar Games server (I couldn't for all I tried manage to get a server of my own running) and named, appropriately, [HNCO-NeoN] /OSC/ Skypetable. The password is demon overlord. Hop in so we can try it out, so we can figure out how this works! -w-

Bella

I have Python and WX installed but have no. idea. what I do with the Traipse files I have. : |

Halp plz.

NejinOniwa

execute Setup.py
then start the program

There should be a help file around somewhere.

Bella

I see Setup.py; but there are no program files to speak of. .__.

EDIT:

I'm being a lazy as hell, maybe I'll just install it on my virtualized XP system.

At least, I assume it's easier to install under Windoze. -w-

NejinOniwa