Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Is there much info on them?

I was tweaking the Vistan article, and tried to add thumbnails, but they wouldn't show. :(

Aurora Borealis

@Choco: I see that you also created the Silverlight-tan page. Looks good!

Working on expanding on some articles, I updatedLunar Linux-tan's article, and gave a much-needed addition to XP-tan's article.

In hindsight, XP doesn't seem so bloated now, does it?

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on April 03, 2011, 11:45:20 AMIn hindsight, XP doesn't seem so bloated now, does it?

No ma'am, but I was saying this for years. >__>

The articles look good! I keep meaning to work on the OS-tan fanfic/literature section, BTW... but I usually get caught up with writing said literature instead. -w-

Aurora Borealis

I've been wanting to write some more OS-tan literature, but end up writing articles instead!

Also 10 years ago, OSX was bloatware (requirements at least twice as high as OS9's)- 15 years ago, people were decrying Windows 95's high requirements... 20 years ago, System 7's requirements were considered awfully high. 40+ years ago, it was said that Multics would collapse under its own weight, though that may have been due to the sheer ambitiousness of it.

I think it's good that XP-tan's character is finally getting some vindication- I no longer like that she is/was portrayed as a shallow bimbo (though I did back then)- talk about a Designated Hero!

Chocofreak13

i've always liked XP. so stable, so reliable, so familiar. i didn't care if she was slow at times, she as always there for me and got the job done. ;v;

@aurora: yeah, figured i'd give the aizawas their moment in the sun. :3
@bells: i'd like to work on os theory, but every time i try it gets shot by everyone. >__<;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

My first computer I had when I was old enough to tell the difference between computers (as in, I was old enough to tell this wasn't a Mac) was a Gateway that ran.. 98 I think.

Went back to my years old iMac.

I need to continue on my OS-Tan story too, I stopped at a cliffhanger! oh noes!

Aurora Borealis

You have an OS-tan story too? I'd like to see it! :)

There's one I'm working on centering around Altair-tan and Xenix-tan and the mysteries behind them to the Vintage-tans, but I'm kinda at a standstill on part 3.

Krizonar

I'm kinda shy about it, but yes, I'm on chapter 2, its about me and my OS-tan from my computer. It uses my theories too!

Aurora Borealis

I'd still like to see it- I have seen a few alt-universe OS-tan stories that take place on a user-level like that (user-level theory?), which is just as valid as the larger-scale interpretations.

Krizonar

Do you have an IM or otherwise private way of sending/receiving it?
I've never been fond of my writing, so I'd prefer only you see it. (since you asked)

Chocofreak13

diversity is gooood. -w- poast it, man.

ugh, i wish i could continue mine. but college has me so bogged down that even the stuff i "do for myself" is for school. just thinking about it is depressing, so there's no immediate plans to continue it (it'll continue, though, i have expanded ideas for it).
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

ehhhhhh!  :-[
I may, Bellz0rs will probably convince me to.

NejinOniwa

Scrap Paper is open for you always, my friend. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@kriz: i'm nervous any time someone looks at my work. but you can't let that stop you. >.<; if i let it stop me i wouldn't be in art school.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

@Krizo: If you're still not willing to post it up yet, you can PM it to me.