Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i'd like to see the blowout between DSL and TCL. >:3 that would make for an interesting story, especially since the other -tans wouldn't be able to tell what's going on. xD

at any rate, both bios look good. :3 good job as usual, man. ^^
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Good idea! To DSL-tan, TCL-tan and other micro-sized OS-tans, their competitions would be epic! :D

In hindsight, Damn Small Linux isn't the smallest Linux distro anymore, but was the smallest when I first heard of it (AFAIK), and now has quite a bit of competition for smallest distro, so I'd imagine there's an arms race between them.

The smallest OS of them all is an OS called Contiki, that can take as little as 2KB of RAM.

*Contiki-tan

She isn't the smallest OS-tan, however. In her human size (which she uses to make traveling easier), she's 4 feet tall, but is as small as the Damn Small-tans in micro-sized mode.

And then there's Tiny OS-tan. I don't have a concept for Tiny Core Linux-tan yet, but I can't help but think there'd be some similarities between her and Tiny OS-tan. o_o

stewartsage

$20 on DSL-tan!  I don't know why, but I love the various tiny Linux models.  Both for use and as characters.

Hm, a tiny Linux distribution arms race..... yeah, probably.

Aurora Borealis

Here's another overhauled article: Freespire-tan

Her backstory is bittersweet, and so is Linspire-tan's.

Chocofreak13

poor dear ;^;

DAMN that's a small amount of ram. her chest must be concave. o__o;
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

i got some time. i'll go edit nanami's page. ^^
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Chocofreak13

just finished editing 7's page. 8)

also, whomever's authority this falls under, i have something i'd like to upload to the downloads gallery eventually. :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

That looks GREAT!! :D

I think it may look better if you put the images directly on the page for each section, pictures in an article go a long way, but if that turns out to be too cluttered, just put them back into links. I updated the info in the infobox.

What is it that you'd like to upload?

Chocofreak13

updated the article to add more information.

i didn't show the images because they were all HUGE, and they seemed like they would be too big to make good thumbs. :\

it's a .rar of all the bing girl themepacks for windows 7. since they're kind of hard to find, and technically are a piece of os-tan paraphernalia, i think it'd be nice to save them. :3

EDIT: btw, why did you take down the picture?

if you want a smaller one, in my quest for new pics i found a small avatar-sized pic of her (with good resolution).
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I just wasn't sure which pic to use for the article, and that one that was removed was a 100x100 pic scaled up to 200x200 because of the infobox template. If there's going to be a pic of one of the characters, it should look better than that. Should we stick to using one of Nanami?

Are you sure linking to the themepack download isn't illegal?

Chocofreak13

they were a free download to begin with.

i put the pic into the article, but for some reason the old coding is still left. if you could clean that out, that's be nice. ^^;

EDIT: btw, i also found a nanami winamp skin that'd be nice to upload (it also came with install instructions).
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Oh, okay.

In the infobox, all you need to put in is the name of the image, you don't even need the [[File: ]] tags.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on March 29, 2011, 08:02:15 PM
Anyone willing and able to do some editing? Doing all this by myself is discouraging at times. :(

I would help, but I haven't really been inspired to work on the wiki lately. : (

Chocofreak13

considering editing/creating a page for the aizawa family (the silverlight girls).
click to make it bigger