Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

Sure, we could use the as-of-now-unimplemented-but-existant OS-kuns category. I think that would be the easiest and most conceptually accurate. Alternately, we could create a new category...
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

Added WITCH's page and avatar.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i'd say just merge the lists onto the existing os-kun one. and then make that one easier to get to. >>;

@nej: nice work. wasn't she created like, at least 2 years ago?
click to make it bigger

Tsubashi

@kari When you say "existing os-kun" one, do you mean this one or is there another page I am missing?

So basically, instead of having a "male character" bullet point with different sections, have a single "Male Character" page that lists all types?
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

yes, i meant that one. i was figuring that there isn't really enough to make them into a seperate list.

of course, if they're already part of a larger list, such as the hardware -kuns being part of the hardware list, they could be left there. but considering only norton is listed in the app-kun list, i figured if there were any other instances like that it'd be better off folding them into the larger article.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

@K: yes, but I've been too lazy to add her myself, and evidently the wiki is a few editors short to cover things these days...

Chocofreak13

well, it doesn't help that the only ones who would know enough to write the article are you, bella, and possibly stew, and the major editors are aurora, bella, me, pent, and tsu.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I'm pretty sure I made a Colossus info page/post somewhere. Where did it go? Is it lost in the recesses of some thread? I can't find it >_>

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on December 11, 2012, 06:17:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I made a Colossus info page/post somewhere. Where did it go? Is it lost in the recesses of some thread? I can't find it >_>

I wondered why there wasn't a wiki article for Colossus as well.... >>;;

EDIT: Are you going to make a page for OMEGA? I ask because you listed that as her faction, and made it into a link, and I hate redlinks that never get pages made for them. <<;;;;

NejinOniwa

I am. Eventually. It might be a bit weird to make a page for a faction that so far only exists in my own canon, but if you guys can respect that and use them for your own machinations I couldn't be happier. The OS-tan world needs some villainy~

Also I need some more details written on them before I make that page, but we'll get to that. Case in point:
QuoteUnknown time (UTC)

Leopard was still feeling rather groggy as she stumbled through the corridors of her prison, following her mysterious rescuer as they raced away from her cell. On the upside she'd managed to fumble some of the many zippers and buttons of her suit into place, which meant she at least wasn't stark naked anymore; on the downside it didn't do much to help her growing sense of embarrassment (which was surfacing evermore now that she was regaining her consciousness bit by bit) because she'd only managed to cover her arms and one leg. I really need to practice using my tail more, she thought glumly.

Bella

Ehh, there's plenty of stuff on the wiki that's limited to certain peoples' canons. If you feel hesitant about posting it, just include a note that the faction has only appeared in your story series. : /

*reads story snippet*
*cries*

Oh and today I finally finished and posted our dear little Time Lady ILLIAC's article: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=ILLIAC

NejinOniwa

Fair enough. I'll do that once I get Colossus' page up, then.

Chocofreak13

so aurora's in college! slowly we learn more about her, bit by bit.

i guess this means she's in her 20's. :3

(once mine are over i'll work on those articles i mentioned)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on December 11, 2012, 10:55:45 PM
Great work, everyone! I feel bad I haven't contributed lately. Currently I'm going through finals week.

It's fine Aurora, it's just good to know you're still around/doing okay (finals aside). ^^

Tsubashi

@Aurora, Chocofreak Good luck on your finals!

On an unrelated topic, do we have a standard article template or styling guide? I have noticed, in my perusal of the wiki, that most articles follow a pretty default: "Technical Details --> Character Details --> History & Background" Type layout, but after that...
Just wondering is all.
-Tsu