Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

@Tsubashi: Oh! Okay, yes I have been seeing that. It didn't look right to me, but I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not. ^^'

@Kari: Hey! Fastrand-kun!!

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 11, 2012, 11:56:05 AM
@bella: i had come up with a thread a long time ago for proposed human names for OS-tans, but it's ancient. i've been meaning to copy the info into a new thread, want me to do that?

TBH, I'd just revive the old thread.

Chocofreak13

heh, thought you'd like fastrand-kun. (i hit random page and it took me to the hardware-tans directory, and i just picked fastrand because you mentioned working on his article. ^^; )

you sure? i'm not 100% sure on the coherency of the old thread, which is why i wanted to make a new one....
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I think a new thread would be good, as "NEEDED: Your Input" could mean anything; it's not very clear as to what it's actually for

Tsubashi

Okay, do the proposed css edits fix the problem for everyone?

Also, the TRS-DOS page has an interesting discrepancy. In the initial statement:
Quote from: The Wiki
TRS-DOS-tan (also known as Tandy-tan) is CoCo-tan's older sister.
Coco-tan's link points to the TRS-80 Color Computer page, but a subsequent mention:
Quote from: The Wiki
Back in her youth, her main competitors were Apple II-tan, PET-tan, Atari DOS-tan and later CoCo-tan.
points to the page CoCo, which, it turns out, is just a redirect for TRS-DOS-tan's page. Somehow, I do not think that is what was meant.

Quote from: PentiumMMX on December 11, 2012, 12:12:52 PM
I think a new thread would be good, as "NEEDED: Your Input" could mean anything; it's not very clear as to what it's actually for
Well, if you modify the title of the original post, then it changes the thread title, so that really is not an issue
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

huh. this is why i stick to knowing about the canon tans. they're simpler. xD

@pent, tsu: tbh i don't feel like a simple name change would be enough to clean up the thread. (i also don't want to revive it because i made it early in my career here at OSC, and the wording is a bit....embarassing.) i'll look through it and decide myself, though i really feel like a new thread is best. (don't worry; i won't remake it 500 times like i did with the theory thread. -w- )
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Tsu: That.... isn't right. The CoCo redirect should point to TRS-80 Color Computer-tan's article, obviously. :/

At any rate, I deleted that link since there was already a link to CoCo-tan's article in TRS-DOS-tan's article.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. For some reason the CoCo redirect pointed to TRS-DOS (aka TRS-80) instead of TRS-80 Color Computer, so I changed that around.

I think it may go back to TRS-80 Color Computer's article being incorrectly titled "TRS-80".

Tsubashi

@Bella The redirect was what was throwing me for a loop.Was not exactly sure where it ought to point. Thanks for clarifying
-Tsu

Pitkin

Quote from: Tsubashi on December 10, 2012, 02:23:50 PM
I noticed a visual discrepancy between the info box and level 2 headers. The line seems to pass through the infobox. If the admins could add overflow:hidden; to lines 122 and 228 of ostan-collections.net/wiki/skins/monobook/main.css, that would solve the problem.

Just a thought.

Can be done. Welcome back, Tsubashi. :)

edit: added overflow: hidden; to the two lines you mentioned. Try a hard refresh, I hope it shows better this time.

Tsubashi

Ah, Pitkin! It is nice to see you old friend. ^.^

Make sure to test it in IE, though, to see if that solves it. I imagine it will, but have not tried yet.

edit: Brilliant. That solves it for me (Ubuntu - Firefox/Chrome)
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

tried several random pages (currently using IE). it fixed the top line for the DOSSE page, but when i looked at SAGE's page i noticed some were still intersecting:
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=SAGE

also, in the course of repeatedly clicking the "random page" link, i found the app-kuns section. can i make a request to merge this with the general OS-kuns section, as perhaps a subsection? there are so few -kuns as it is that it doesn't make sense to seperate them.
click to make it bigger

Tsubashi

Huh, I cannot seem to reproduce your problem. What version of IE are you using? It works for me in IE9 on Win7. Perhaps a cached page? It just seems weird that it would fix it in some instances and not others...
-Tsu

Bella

Try clearing your cache Kari, I've been all over the wiki and can't get the same result either.

(forgive the pixelation, OSC's being slow to load again)

Chocofreak13

ahh, yeah, that fixed the problem. odd, given i don't remember ever going to the SAGE page, so why would it have cached it?
click to make it bigger

Tsubashi

Most likely just cached the css file.
-Tsu

Chocofreak13

hm, okay.

as previously mentioned, is it possible to group all -kun articles into one list? i'd do it myself but i'm not 100% how. :\
click to make it bigger