Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

@Aurora: Not to sound naggy, but, you checked out those things I wrote about the DEC-tans?

I just wanna make sure that all made sense, cause i was super-tired when I wrote it. .__.

EDIT: Added an article for MUSIC/SP-tan.

Chocofreak13

i trimmed the tech aspect of the 95s' articles, but idk what else to do to them. i don't mean to be a bother, but maybe someone else could have a look and decide what to do? i provided the basis but i can't shape the clay this way. (there's a reason that my term papers always run long. >>; )
click to make it bigger

Bella

PDP-7-tan article get: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/PDP-7

@Kari: I did learn some things from the tech section you wrote! I really want to see this 95-centric Cyber Sitcom that was used as an advertisement, lol.

Also, the only thing I'd suggest adding to 95-tan's article is more details about her role in the OS Wars, since she was a pretty prominent player in it. Though that's somewhat fanonical. Ask Aurora about it, she'd probably be able to explain it better than I can.

Chocofreak13

i didn't write 95-tans article, just the tech aspect. though i know a good amount about the OS-wars, but if you think Aurora would be better suited, then she might be better off writing it. the only characters i can claim to be an authority on around here are the futabas and the os-kuns. >>;
click to make it bigger

Bella

I gotcha.

Hm, I still want to write that article for Emacs-kun ... not sure where to start though... 

Nichi

Probably later today, I'll start working on a first draft of the article for Neptune-tan; mixing in details already existing in the shared article with details on her appearance in my stories.

Are there any other details on her I should pay attention to; like an Annex bio?

Aurora Borealis

Neptune doesn't have an Annex bio. I think the article so far and your interpretations are all there is currently on her.

Nichi

All right. I'll start gathering everything together to make a page :3

EDIT:
I have the first part of the page ready, and also included a link in the old "Neptune and Odyssey" article to make it a bit easier to get to. I'm currently going through the notes on my story to try and gather all the character details together before I continue.

I did notice, while checking the links in Neptune's article so far, that the technical details in 2k-tan's article was empty. I can quickly write a synopses and add that, while it's on my mind

EDIT2: A brief technical details section was written for 2k's article

Bella

Good work Pent~

So, yesterday I worked on reforming the [[Category:]] tags somewhat. Things I'd like to accomplish:
-All Minicomputer OS- and computer-tans will be tagged as such
-All Mainframe OS- and computer-tans will be tagged as such, and other large-scale systems that are NOT mainframes will be un-tagged (supercomputers, early computers, etc)
-Early Computers, which, for the sake of clarity I'm considering pre-1960s systems, will be categorized as such
-The Historic category is a bit nebulous, but I'm trying to restrict it to pre-1980s computers
-70s/80s Microcomputers will be tagged as Vintage

That's all I have right now.

Chocofreak13

what do we call pre-1940's computers? prehistoric? :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Bella: Sounds good :3

So, I just put in a first draft of the character details on Neptune. As a quick note, does anybody think linking to Wikipedia's article on Phantasy Star Online is fine, after the mentioning of it in her character description, or would that be a bit too off-topic even if it's a detail mentioned in the original "Neptune and Odyssey" page?

Chocofreak13

so long as it doesn't get more than a line or two, i don't see any harm in linking it. it makes sense to link it in the Neptune and Odyssey article too. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 07, 2012, 04:34:03 PM

They'd also be lumped in with "early computers", IMO.

Of course, we don't really have any pre-1940s OS-tans yet. If/when we do, we can think about designating another category (like mechanical- or proto-computers) for them.

Nichi

@Bella: So, you mean there's a chance of an Abacus-tan? :3

@Kari: I'm not 100% sure, but I think Aurora was wanting to do away with the old "Neptune and Odyssey" article and replace it with separate articles. So, the only change I've made to that one is linking to Neptune's new article to make it easier to get to

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on July 08, 2012, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on July 07, 2012, 04:34:03 PM

They'd also be lumped in with "early computers", IMO.

Of course, we don't really have any pre-1940s OS-tans yet. If/when we do, we can think about designating another category (like mechanical- or proto-computers) for them.

um....yes we do. there's Analytical Engine-tan, and HT-tan, the first completed computer (i made the -tan for her). there's no articles on them (yet), but there's enough information to make some. :\

@pent: yeah, that makes sense, like how i'm thinking of splitting the 98-kun and SE-kun articles (though it might be better to keep them together).
click to make it bigger