Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

The language part I checked, so that much should be correct. As for her personality, I worded that a bit wrongly. The military trivia thing was just random, but the storyline demanded it; and I'd think it quite natural for a woman owning and living on damned warships to be quite up to date on things in that area of interest.
Let me rephrase: She gets frustrated when people are being vague and withholding information from her, though she usually is able to hold it in quite well. In this case she had just received a bearpunch to the face and gotten very pwnt so she was a bit...upset to start with. ^^
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Ah, yes, when you phrase it that way it makes more sense. ^^;

Relevant to the wiki thread? I've made chibis for BUIC and IBM 728:

And Univac 1050-II and FASTRAND:

Aurora Borealis

Those are adorable! BUIC has such cool eyes! *_*

I'll need a refresher on who the other characters are, because many of those hardware-tans/-kuns are hard for me to keep track of. x_x

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on August 04, 2011, 09:02:39 PM
Those are adorable! BUIC has such cool eyes! *_*

I'll need a refresher on who the other characters are, because many of those hardware-tans/-kuns are hard for me to keep track of. x_x

BUIC has the same eyes as her mom... well, not IDENTICAL, but SAGE's look similar to hers. -w-

IBM 728-kun (aka Ivan) is SAGE's personal assistant/bodyguard/memory system. He and SAGE loved each other in a totally platonic way, sorta like siblings. He's cheerless, no-nonsense and very tough, and word of god says he's way more Massachusettsy than SAGE ever was (whatever that means). He died back in 1983, taking a substantial portion of SAGE's working memory/sanity with him.

Univac 1050-II-tan was in inventory control with the US Air Force. One of SAGE's friends, not a lot has been published about her. Ask Stew.

FASTRAND-kun was U1050-II's memory drum system, making him the metaphorical IBM 728 to U1050-tan's SAGE. Unlike 728-kun, however, FASTRAND is quite lively and has a naturally commanding presence. He's very tall, heavyset and loud (alluding to the enormous size and noisiness of the actual FASTRAND memory drum). Probably has a good sense of humor and may be a completely rad dude. Had an on-and-off romantic relationship with SAGE-tan during the 60s(?) and/or 70s and a rivalrous friendship with 728-kun.

Bella

DOUBLEPOSTA:

Itttttttttttttt's ENIAC!

And, why I say guvna, it's Colossus, the Manly British Codebreaker... Giant... Lady... who I don't really like on account of trying to kill Linux-tan, even though I don't really like Linux-tan all that much. At least in concept. Then again, without her help we wouldn't have gotten any Linux x Ruka les yay, which was awesome.

NejinOniwa

ON THAT TOPIC: WE NEED GIANT CHIBIS NOW. >:3

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on August 10, 2011, 12:25:25 AM
Very interesting! It's impressive and sad to see such geographical disparity, but seeing that most states don't have any known systems from them, I don't feel like I'm from such a backwater place anymore! :D

Huzzah!

I find it amusing that while we both hail from states that only have a few known native computer systems, we have neighboring states that are home to many many more. ^^;;

Aurora Borealis

I forgot to comment on the new chibis, but is that a complete redesign of ENIAC-sama, or did she have her hair cut short as part of the military dress code? That design looks good too, though I really like the elaborateness and ancientness of your concept design.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on August 10, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
I forgot to comment on the new chibis, but is that a complete redesign of ENIAC-sama, or did she have her hair cut short as part of the military dress code? That design looks good too, though I really like the elaborateness and ancientness of your concept design.

I was just being a lazybum and didn't want to draw her in her normal attire. x_x

So I suppose this drawing represents a what-if scenario. ^^;

NejinOniwa

VERY GOOD, MAH BOI. BUT: I FIND THIS LACK OF EUROPE DISTURBING. PLZ PROVIDE.

-W-;

Nichi

I'm in the state that eComStation is developed in? I never knew that...

stewartsage

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on August 10, 2011, 03:49:39 PM
VERY GOOD, MAH BOI. BUT: I FIND THIS LACK OF EUROPE DISTURBING. PLZ PROVIDE.

-W-;

BUT I KNOW SO LITTLE ABOUT EUROPEAN -TANS.

MAYBE LATER I WILL.

Aurora Borealis

Some other American systems: IMSAI 8080, VisiOn, Tiny OS, Linspire and Freespire (all from California), Altair (New Mexico), PCLOS (Texas), Haiku (New York)

The European systems I know of:

Denmark: Fried Chicken Linux

Finland: GNU/Linux, MenuetOS

France: Mandriva/Mageia

Germany: SuSE Linux, SAM Linux, Stress Linux, Knoppix

Italy: Sabayon Linux

Spain: Plan B, Octopus, nix (an offshoot of Octopus and Plan B)

Sweden: Contiki, BESK, SARA, SMIL

Switzerland: Bluebottle, Oberon

Russia: PTS-DOS, KolibriOS (?), Elektronica-tans, Mertvaya Ruka

UK: Sinclair-tans (ZX81, Spectrum, QL), Acorn-tans (RISC OS, Arthur, ARX, PANOS, BBC Micro), Manchester Mark I, Colossus, TripOS, DexOS