Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

Yeah, I think you're right, and TOS had the same fate as BOS, but BOS may have been more aware of it.

Chocofreak13

oh, really? well then, i'd be more willing to agree with you (but ignorance is bliss, after all).

aurora-san, it should be noted that under the "canon-tan" section of the wiki, 98 and SE's page is still merged. :\ i'd suggest a deletion of the fused page and linking them to their own? :\
and if we could, could we split 98-kun and SE-kun's article? there's specific information on one that doesn't belong with the other. :\

i'm doing a few minor updates on the 98-tans' articles, though you covered pretty much everything in your revisions, aurora. but i'm gonna look through the gallery at some of SE's pictures, since you listed her with a costume similar to her sister's, and i don't think that's the case. :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Oops. I changed the links to the split articles in the other sections, but overlooked that one, but I just changed it.

Looks that part of the description of 98 and 98SE having similar costumes was from an old revision and needed to be changed.

I remember seeing at least one pic of another OS-tan trying to enter 98's or 98SE's mech box and it ended up falling apart. Do you have any of those?

Chocofreak13

seen 2 comics of that in the gallery, i'll try to find them. :3
oh, and i found that comic i was telling you about last time:
http://iitran.secchan.net/img/src/1126368953819.png
if possible, please don't upload it; i was going to save it and i'll forget to delete it if you do. :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Excellent! I'll wait for you to upload them.

Chocofreak13

you can reference it on SE's article if you'd like. it's gonna be awhile before anything gets uploaded. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Updates:

*added more info on Pilot OS-tan's article: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/PilotOS
*tagged more articles that need expanding: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Articles_needing_expanding&action=edit&redlink=1
*created a quick draft of Rainbow 100-tan's article: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Rainbow_100
*added more names on the OS-tan human names article.

Does anyone like the proposed idea of adding more details in the infobox? I proposed adding human names and weapon of choice. Other possible things?

Chocofreak13

maybe rivals or enemies? such as 95-tan would have "the apple house" and maybe "system 7.5-tan" listed. :3 (SE could have "all male genitalia" xDD)
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

see? perfect! ^^

btw, did you seperate the 98-kun and SE-kun threads? if so, i'll write those up tomorrow. :3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I haven't got to that yet, but I will.

EDIT: Updated Mac-tan's article with pictures and some additional details. Next up I'll split 98-kun's and 98SE-kun's articles.

Got them split!
*http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/View_All#OS-Kuns

Bella

@SAGE's enemies: You forgot SABRE, the US military in general, the Missile-tans, Soviets, just about every post-1960s OS-tan and herself. o__o;;;
SCO Unix: The Linuxes
Slackware: Anyone who dares dishonor the Unix-tans or their glorious heritage.
Snow Leopard: Unix, Linux, OSX Lion
Whirlwind: The US Navy and Air Force, for firing her and stealing her firstborn respectively.
Harvard Mark I: The Navy - again, for child-theft - and IBM, for reasons even she isn't sure of.
PDP-1: The IBM mainframe-tans.
Emacs: Vi
Vi: Emacs

All this hate makes me sad...

...we should list OS-tan ships. Canon and speculative. :o

Aurora Borealis

@Bella: Why does Snow Leopard hate Unix and Linux? I thought she was glad to be a certified Unix! OSX Lion, I totally understand though, since she's threatening the family stability of the Mac House.

I'm not good at shipping. :(

EDIT: Here's the latest version of the infobox. How does it look?

*http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Template:OSinfobox

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on June 01, 2011, 11:39:04 PM
@Bella: Why does Snow Leopard hate Unix and Linux? I thought she was glad to be a certified Unix! OSX Lion, I totally understand though, since she's threatening the family stability of the Mac House.

I'm not good at shipping. :(

We don't know why Snow Leopard and Linux don't get along; it's just one of those things that is, because of clashing personalities or some such. -v-

(Snow) Leopard grows to resent Unix-sama after discovering -SPOILER ALERT- that she is essentially Unix-sama's puppet, that her admission into the Unix family was mostly to butter her up so she'd be more willing to comply with Unix-sama's machinations, and that even her Time Machine was the doing of Ma Bell Labs... years of living with this knowledge drives her to the brink and she eventually isolates herself at a distant point in time (wherein she matures into her Snow Leopard self), until she one day makes a trip to her home time - 2008 - and accidentally loses her time machine, which gets picked up by her past self [Leopard-tan] and starts the whole cycle. Being stranded in the 21st Century - and forced to withstand Unix's interference ONCE AGAIN - ramps up the hate levels to yet-unseen proportions.

Surely thou have some ships, dear Aurora-san - but even if you don't, I have MORE than enough to keep these waters occupied. :3

Bella

Remember your gray-and-gray morality... Unix acted with no ill intentions, and she did what she did to monitor the progress - and ensure the survival - of the Unix race.

Leopard wanted nothing more than to be able to time travel.

Unix knew this. She also knew that somebody who could perform intertemporal reconnaissance for her would be EXTREMELY useful - and Leopard's background/areas of knowledge made her one of the few people (if not the only person) who could time travel without going completely insane. Hell, she even did most of the research needed to make the Time Machine, Unix just sort of "put it all together" in the end.

So Unix gave Leopard inclusion in her family and the ability to time travel in exchange for Leopard's help. Even if Leopard didn't know what or who she was helping - or even that she was on a mission from Unix - most of the time. Some of the things she witnessed/endured in the past and future in made her resent the ability to time travel eventually, so when she found out Unix was behind it (more or less) she naturally turned her animosity toward her.

NejinOniwa

Let's not mention the role Unix has in Leopard's present predicament, either...lest the thread become filled with hate, rage, and more rage. -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS