Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

Nejin sweetie, I hope it works now.

Aurora Borealis

Awesome! Nejin's an editor too! I'll look forward to your first contributions on the wiki!

What section do you have in mind working on first?

NejinOniwa

well, something simple enough, like the Literature section. It's relevant to my interests, after all -w-

After that, we'll see.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Will we be seeing articles on Ruka-tan, WITCH-tan and your other characters, Nejin?

NejinOniwa

Most likely, as soon as I manage to get them done.

NejinOniwa

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Mertvaya_Ruka
Fix'd Ruka's article. Still needs an avi, but I'll try to whip up one. Some of the link pages need updates reflecting this.

Next up are WITCH, Colossus and Git. Updated the main (Show All) page to include links to their future articles.

Aurora Borealis

Awesome work, Nej! I'll make an avatar for Ruka-san!

As for what I'm doing, still porting the Annex Bios over, and will resume making new ones once all of them currently-made are up on the wiki.

Btw, do you have any ideas what powers and abilities other OS-tans or OS-tan families would have? That section on her powers got me curious about that.

NejinOniwa

Well, most -tans with specific powers and abilities are well-known - 95-tan is an extremely skilled swordsman, so that ability should be put in, as should others with special powers (like Colossus' size-shifting) or signature spells (like the Mac-tans' Finder spell). Otherwise you can simply use the Sorcery tabs - Linux-tan, for example, uses Open Sorcery, and has high rating on both power and complexity, while the Mac-tans use both Open and Closed sorcery and have varying power levels.

Also fixed the power sheet so it doesn't look silly.

Aurora Borealis

I see. :)

However, I don't know what abilities some OS-tans have, such as Windows 3.1 and MS-DOS, who don't seem to have any kind of powers.

EDIT: So I was in something of a mood for writing today! Tweaked the history section of the Linux/Unix Consortium, and created the history section for the DOSSE!

Chocofreak13

DOS has a shapeshifting ability, being able to go from cat to catgirl in 0.3 seconds. :3
the 98 boxes turn into fully-functioning robots, giant robots, dimensional gates, homes, toys, and rocket launchers/guns.
if i remember right, ME has the ability to summon a giant jellyroll; with the support of more win-tans she can summon a larger one.
2k is also an accomplished sword fighter, and can summon USB cables when angry. :3
Visbou-tan is an accomplished ninja, most noteably for the "Big-Breasted Loli Jutsu".
There's a chance Nanami's a technomancer...

oh, and idk if "futa mode" counts as a power....
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Those are good ones! Would XP-tan's super-appetite count as an ability too? If not, she's still depicted as being a sword fighter like 2k-tan. For some reason, I envision 3.1-tan as being something of a magical girl-type, with DOS kitty as her cute animal sidekick!

The DOS-based Windows-tans can draw from the vast code pool of DOS, and the NT-based Windows have the power of their DEC lineage, although they don't know it yet.

Aurora Borealis

Two new avatars, both of Soviet systems!

*BESM
*Mertvaya Ruka

EDIT: Added the history, and other notes sections to the Mainframe Guild article.

Chocofreak13

*applauds*

3.1's not perky enough to be a magical girl. She'd be more of a badass priestess, or, with the dress, whatever patchouli is in Touhou.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger