Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewartsage

Sweet Thai chili that I added chicken to, plus corn.

Nichi

I had cheezburger. Now drinking water, and wishing I had a donut for later

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on August 16, 2013, 06:33:20 PM
Sweet Thai chili that I added chicken to, plus corn.

AAAAH THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

I had ..... leftover rice. With some tofu. And watermelon. I REALLY HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT THING WHERE I FORGET TO EAT ALL DAY. U.U

Nichi

@Bella: Please stop doing that :[

I has chocolate milkshake

Chocofreak13

mmm, tofu-watermelon rice.....though i'd prefer to skip the tofu. -w-;

PIZZA
GARLIC BREAD
SODA
WATER

DINNER OF CHAMPIONS
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I've never tried tofu, to be honest.

For breakfast, I had chocolate milk and a donut :3

LeaflameSD

What have I eaten today?
ALOT.

stewartsage

CLIMAX CREW FOOD PARTY.

GONNA EAT A LOT.

Nichi

I had pasta earlier. Later tonight, a muffin :3

Bella

Golden Curry with onions and tofu and a bit of maple syrup over hokkien noodles.

OH GOD THIS IS SO GOOD. ;U;

Chocofreak13

wtf is with you and the tofu, tofu is hideous. >>;

@pent: picture chewing on wet cardboard or a tight sponge and you have tofu. it's soggy, chewy, and no amount of mastication breaks it up, leaving it a squishy, squeaky, solid mass to fall down to your stomach.

breakfast: confruity crisp, coke
lunch: 2 fountain glasses of coke, piece of a waffle, half a laffy taffy rope
dinner: coke, banquet mac and cheese, about  laffy taffy rope and counting, various other candy pieces
click to make it bigger

Bella

Tofu is delicious tho. It's annoying to prepare (if you cook it without pressing all the water out of it, it's super-gross), but it's so tender and silky and it takes the flavor of anything it's in. So if it's cooked in something yummy it turns into tender, silky little blocks of deliciousness. (⊙‿⊙✿)

I'm having some rice ... with leftover curry from earlier ...

Chocofreak13

evidently i've only had bad tofu thus far. i can't believe you because i've always had it in soup, so it's been chewy and rubbery and it feels like i'm chewing on an eraser. ><;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I had some good tofu at that place in wherever it was we visited.  #everywhereinnewhampshireisjustnewhampshiretome

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on August 18, 2013, 09:58:05 PM
evidently i've only had bad tofu thus far. i can't believe you because i've always had it in soup, so it's been chewy and rubbery and it feels like i'm chewing on an eraser. ><;

That's really odd. The professionally-prepared tofu I've had has always been excellent. This block of tofu was the first I've ever bought and prepared at home - even though it's not high-quality and I'm not particularly skilled at cooking it, it was nowhere near chewy or rubbery. (In fact, I had the opposite problem - it being too crumbly / not firm enough) I've heard that certain techniques are used to harden it and make its consistency more akin to meat, maybe the tofu you've had was cooked in such a way to make it firmer but something went wrong along the way?

Quote from: stewartsage on August 19, 2013, 01:13:25 AM
I had some good tofu at that place in wherever it was we visited.  #everywhereinnewhampshireisjustnewhampshiretome

Thai Smile? I'd forgotten I ordered a tofu dish when we went there, tbh. -w-