Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

nice. on both accounts. as for bella, TABETE

dinner was baked potatoes and steak, but i was took filled up by potato to eat anything besides it. so no steak, corn, green beans, or bread for me. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I have spaghetti with garlic toast

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Lunch today:

Bento box meal with California rolls, gyoza, rice, salmon, tuna and some-other-kind of sashimi, also there was a bowl of miso soup but that isn't pictured.

I saved the California rolls and am eating them now ..... hopefully the rice doesn't cause any trouble, since I still have holes in my mouth. >>;;;

Chocofreak13

i'd say it wouldn't, but i didn't eat rice after my surgery. tbh it should be healed up by now, though. it's been like, 2 weeks. also: GYOZAAAAAAAAA

dinner was carrots and cornflake chicken. but what's more interesting is the sugar and spice cookie dough i made, and the pepperkakor dough even moreso. -w-
click to make it bigger

Bella

It feels healed up and I can chew normally (actually, chewing feels pretty much the same as it did pre-operation!) but I still have fairly large pockets where my teeth were and I'm paranoid about getting rice and seeds and other small, hard-ish bits stuck in there... ;^;

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on December 12, 2012, 09:14:54 PMdinner was carrots and cornflake chicken. but what's more interesting is the sugar and spice cookie dough i made, and the pepperkakor dough even moreso. -w-

Forgive my ignorance if this is a well-known recipe but: what on earth is cornflake chicken? : o

Chocofreak13

i doubt it's well-known, it was just something my grandmother used to make that she taught my grandpa how to, too. you take a chicken breast and roll it in egg, then crushed cornflakes, and bake it. it makes it crunchy and nice. -w-

baked cookies for about 4 or so hours. then spent at least another half hour making stuff for a lunch for tomorrow. ended up with batches of pepperkakor, sugar and spice cookies, and peanut blossoms, for lunch, octodogs, chicken nuggets and fries (banquet style), hershey kisses, and oshinko. :3

dinner was a banquet chicken nuggets and fries meal and a banquet mac and cheese meal, with a coke and a bunch of chocolate. (still eating the chocolate.)

breakfast (which will probably be in about 2 hours) will likely be oatmeal, as i feel like having something warm this morning since i'm going to be skipping my usual tea in favour of extra coca-cola. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had a ham & cheese sandwich last night, before bed. It was good

Chocofreak13

i was hoping this lunch was going to be a tasty, filling way to end the semester. i was wrong. (WARNING: food horrors follow; do not read if eating or soon to be eating)

Spoiler: ShowHide
i'm not sure if it's because of the ingredients,
or that i haven't eaten this type of food in a long time,
or that i ate too much,
but it's making me quite sick.

i couldn't finish the octodogs. mind you, i really think the hot dogs i used weren't exactly the cream of the crop, having been rather dated already and being thawed in the fridge 3 days ago and then just waiting there....i managed to finish 2 & 1/3 out of 3 of them. i managed to finish the chicken nuggets and fries, but i had to force myself at the end. it was alright, but at what cost?

the oshinko were interesting, to say the least. the cabbage i used to pickle them, was, well, to be blunt, it was past rotten on the outside. i've never seen a cabbage in a liquid state before....and it was translucent grey to boot. even stranger was that the inside of the cabbage was fresh. the outside was slimy and smelled of low tide (literally, it smelled like seawater), but the inside of it was fresh enough to salad. i got rid of any part i considered suspect (and i mean any part that had so much as a black spent went), so it went well, i thought.
the cucumber to be pickled had also seen better days. the moisture drained out of it, it had the consistency of a small-holed sponge. it seems the pickling process reinflated it a touch (odd given there's salt in the recipe), and it the end it wasn't HORRIBLE....but i remember fresh oshinko being much fresher and juicier.

the only thing left in there is the dessert, which is probably the only thing in there that could pass for non-spoiled food in every way. but then, i just bought them a couple days ago, and tbh, it seems rather hard to spoil a hershey kiss anyway. hopefully they'll calm the cesspool i accidentally bred in my poor, innocent stomach. and if they don't, well, this isn't the first time i've been thankful to pack a box of pepto bismol. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

That's horrible :[
Hope you feel better soon

As for my lunch, I made myself a personal size pizza based off of one they had me make for buffet (Italian sausage and jalapeno). It was very good; even better because I got to have it while it was still hot ^^

Chocofreak13

nice, nice.

i have since eaten a chocolate and taken some stomach meds, and i'm gonna crack open this can of ginger ale soon. i'll be fine after sitting around and doing nothing for awhile.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN EAT THAT ;_;

In doubt, I use my all-covering super mixture: (Instant) Mashed potatoes mixed with peanuts, butter and an egg. Delicious, totally nutritious in ALL ways, costs zero bits per serving*, and provided you have a fast water cooker takes about 1 minute to prepare.

GREAT SUCCESS
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

usually that lunch is a winner. it would be with fresher ingredients, anyway. oddly enough, despite it being in the worst state, the cabbage was likely the least pain-inducing thing on the list. :\

currently having a glass of egg nog. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I should buy some eggnog next week; when I get paid ^^

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger