Main Menu

Food, Food, Food...

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, September 12, 2010, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Reindeer steak, purchased by my mom from the Sami when she was in Lappland inaugurating a national heritage site.

GODLY FUCK THIS IS GOOD
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

samis rule!! >:3

battered and fried haddock
french fries
coca-cola
goldfish crackers
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had meatloaf with mac & cheese at a place I haven't been to in years. It was awesome

Chocofreak13

sounds nice. ^^ it's always good to revisit favourite restaraunts after awhile to see if they're still good. xD

currently -
peach pie
mint tea
ginger cookies
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Leftover pot roast with cooked rice, mushrooms, and green beans.  Good stuff.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

might have a candy cane, but i'm likely going to just wait for cereal tomorrow. :3

EDIT: how is pot roast, anyway...?
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Oh, boy!  POT ROAST!  It just so happens to be the feast in which I have the most delight in feasting upon!

Chocofreak13

heh. ^^ we're not much of a roast or casserole family, so i don't know what it's like. :3
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, my family wasn't so much of a pot roast or casserole family either, but things are different here xD.

Basically, pot roast is really good.  Roasting the beef keeps the meat soaking in its own juices, so it tastes much more rich.  Retains that savory flavor that meat tends to trade out when you grill, fry, or bake meat (which is why meat made in any of those ways is generally more heavily seasoned or covered in sauce).

Casseroles, well, they generally vary.  If you haven't seen the Cooking Channel, it's just all kinds of different stuff thrown together and cooked.  Usually it takes generally bland food (like rice and mushrooms), and combines and somehow they wind up tasting really good together.  I guess it's the seasoning, but in any case it's like a solid form of soup or stew.

stewartsage

Open faced roast beef sandwich, broccoli, onion petals, mash potatoes.

Chocofreak13

brunch (woke up at 11): cereal and a glass of coke
currently: a glass of coke
predicted dinner: bagel bites, pie, and either a mug of tea or a glass of coke
click to make it bigger

Bella

Last night I had fish on some sort of barley-rice mixture with some sort of salsa on top. With a side of peas. Was good.

Quote from: IanDanKilmaster on August 27, 2011, 10:18:37 PMBasically, pot roast is really good.  Roasting the beef keeps the meat soaking in its own juices, so it tastes much more rich.  Retains that savory flavor that meat tends to trade out when you grill, fry, or bake meat (which is why meat made in any of those ways is generally more heavily seasoned or covered in sauce).

I don't have casseroles often, but pot roasts and boiled dinners are practically a staple food for me during the winter. Throw a chunk of beef or whole chicken in a large pot, add carrots, onions and potatoes, and leave it on the stove for four or five hours, it heats up the kitchen and fills the entire house with the smell of cooking food... is nice. ^^

Chocofreak13

here, the smell of cooking usually involves onions, garlic, or both. most people think they stink, but i find the smell of them cooking to be one of the best things in the world, since it's so familiar. <3

(also, the smell of burning food is also quite familiar, since i used to spend alot of time at my uncle's house when i was young, and something was usually burning there. xD)
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

First caf served meal of the year coming up, film at eleven.

Nichi

I'm having a glass of tea right now

On casserole, pot roasts: Pot roast is something we almost never do, but casseroles do pop up frequently; including my personal favorite, tuna casserole, which has mac & cheese and other really good stuff in it.

@Choco: I agree; there's nothing like the smell of garlic when making spaghetti