Having some problems...

Started by Icelilly, January 13, 2008, 02:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Yo Lilly-san.... ^___^

*hugs 2.0-chan goodness and squeals*  ^.^

'Fraid I might have to concur, given prior experience with Movie Maker back in the ol' days.  The fact that it's quite limited makes it easy to overlook errors that could interefere with the video compilation process, or even where the movie's being saved.  Plus WMV isn't exactly a stellar format, and may not always compile well with other audio files.  

I know this one's great, but a bit on the advanced side:

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

For video players, btw, VLC is the true universal player.  ^_____^

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Icelilly

Thank you both! ^v^
The file is about 11 MB so it's going to be a while but I'll try my best to be patient. I'll give you an update later.

C-Chan

11MB?  Which one are you downloading?

Icelilly

Quote from: "C-Chan"11MB?  Which one are you downloading?
The video editor that you provided for me. ^^; The download was successful! Now, I gotta try it out. This should be fun. >:3

But my question is, why did Movie Maker just go randomly kaput? It worked perfectly fine when I bought the computer, then a few months later, it refused to take MP3s, and this!

It's because it hates me right? ^^;

C-Chan

All Windows Media anything historically doesn't jive well with MP3 audio files.  I'm actually pretty baffled as well why this just decided not to work -- especially if you're doing this from your XPMCE, it shouldn't even be connected to the internet (where it would've been likely that a recent update to the program might've disabled X,Y,Z support).

Sounds like you downloaded avidemux, so we'll see how it works out for you.  I've only personally used it to convert video files from one format to another, so any additional help with the program would oblige me to get down and actually learn it.  ^.^;

Icelilly

Stupid Windows Media... *shakes fist*

I installed the program yesterday and I'm completely lost with it. The only thing I can do is open a video. That's pretty much it. XD *fiddles with it*

Dos

That weird I never had a problem with Media-tan
-Dos
"...and these children that you spit on,
as they try to change their worlds are
immune to your consultations.  They\'re
quite aware of what they\'re going through...
                                       - David Bowie"
Well it nice to meet now i have to go now
speak softly but carry a big stick

today is a summer service day, today is a summer service day, lets all go together to the blue blue sea, beach volleyball smashing watermelons it\'ll be so much fun we\'ll never leave. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh" *head bobbles like an idiot*
believe in me, who believes in you

C-Chan

QuoteI installed the program yesterday and I'm completely lost with it. The only thing I can do is open a video. That's pretty much it. XD *fiddles with it*

B-b-b-b-but... my cute 2.0-chan.....

I still don't know..... which program you've downloaded..... ^^'

Is it one of the ones that Nejin-san recommended?  Or one of the two that I mentioned in passing?  ^.^'

*blink blink*

*hugs 2.0-chan and DOS-chan*

WAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU GALS ARE CUTE!!!!!!!!  It's like I've warped back to the 1980's!!  ^____^

Icelilly

Quote from: "C-Chan"
QuoteI installed the program yesterday and I'm completely lost with it. The only thing I can do is open a video. That's pretty much it. XD *fiddles with it*

B-b-b-b-but... my cute 2.0-chan.....

I still don't know..... which program you've downloaded..... ^^'

Is it one of the ones that Nejin-san recommended?  Or one of the two that I mentioned in passing?  ^.^'

*blink blink*

*hugs 2.0-chan and DOS-chan*

WAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU GALS ARE CUTE!!!!!!!!  It's like I've warped back to the 1980's!!  ^____^
I downloaded the program that you recommended. The first link.

*hugs C-Chan* <3

QuoteThat weird I never had a problem with Media-tan
Damn it! I guess it Windows Media does hate me... ;_;

C-Chan

Ooooooh....

QuoteI downloaded the program that you recommended. The first link.

*hugs C-Chan* <3

So you did download Avidemux.  ^^;
I should've figured as such...  ^___^;

Oh well,... guess I'll have to try it out myself... and read the documentation..... ^.^;

Course if you do manage to learn it,... you'll be adept enough to do professional video editing.  ^____^

QuoteDamn it! I guess it Windows Media does hate me... ;_;

Naaah,... I'm sure it's that DOS-chan is using components that Windows Media likes.  Kind of like if I were to feed a car some cookies, and you some gasoline,... doesn't mean I hate you, but I'm sure you wouldn't like me either.  ^_________^'