Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greeny

Hello. Haven't posted here in a while in like 3 years.

MechaNebula

I was been registered due to the god damn announcement on the OS-Tan Discord saying I will be kicked in a week if I don't register on this forum
Casual member

MechaNebula

Quote from: VolareVia on April 18, 2019, 07:08:28 AMWell, you could start your own OS-tan Discord, but that'd require you to advertise it somewhere to get others to join. I'm not sure how many people you'd attract from here, though. Not many people here would be apt to join a Discord that was made by someone because they really didn't want to join the forum. :P

Either way, my understanding is that the Discord is a compliment to the site, not the focus of it.

Not to say there isn't a point to the Discord, as it's a lot easier to bounce my ideas off of someone with instant feedback (and I'm mostly here for the creative elements found on the site), but I personally greatly dislike Discord and it's non-lurkable structure as a means of primary communication within a fandom. I don't know about others, but I love having outsiders read my content, and I appreciate lurkers who read posts and then get inspired to join and knowing the general culture of the site. Discord servers just get too insular for my liking.
Tasha04 said people who own their OS-Tan discord have their people merged to the original one
Casual member

Goujer

Quote from: MechaNebula on April 18, 2019, 07:43:58 AMTasha04 said people who own their OS-Tan discord have their people merged to the original one
There was nothing making them do that and most of the merged people do not post. The Discord Tasha04 is referring to is still up and you can get into via the OS-tan subreddit. However it has been renamed and I'm not sure what's going on in it anymore.

Tasha04

Well, introductions huh? Not the thing I'm best at doing but I guess we'll start. I'm Tasha04 and I like anime, OS-Tans, drawing weird blob things and writing.
!! WARNING !! RED ALERT !! WARNING !! RED ALERT !!

Goujer

Mokaal

Hello there! My name is Mokaal, I'm a 16 years old teenager male as in 2022.

My favorite hobbies is gaming and swimming

The most thing I like from OS tan is windows 7 because she represents both beauty and nostalgia, I hope that I could meet her in real life!
With all confidence...

I love you! <3

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Mokaal on September 21, 2022, 08:18:27 AMHello there! My name is Mokaal, I'm a 16 years old teenager male as in 2022.

My favorite hobbies is gaming and swimming

The most thing I like from OS tan is windows 7 because she represents both beauty and nostalgia, I hope that I could meet her in real life!

Well I hope you enjoy your stay at OSC forums
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!
https://i3.kurocore.com/i/sm/20140408005613/42769599-0.jpg

xenonical

hello hello! my name is serif and i'm interested in 2000s web stuff and moe anthropomorphism (especially os-tan, of course). i enjoy drawing and have designed various characters based on computers and software. my favorite os-tan characters are 2k-tan, os9-tan, vistan, and vista-ke!

Goujer

Vistake is excellent choice. Welcome new members. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: xenonical on September 21, 2022, 11:13:21 PMhello hello! my name is serif and i'm interested in 2000s web stuff and moe anthropomorphism (especially os-tan, of course). i enjoy drawing and have designed various characters based on computers and software. my favorite os-tan characters are 2k-tan, os9-tan, vistan, and vista-ke!

Welcome newcomer

Quote from: Goujer on September 22, 2022, 08:27:37 AMVistake is excellent choice. Welcome new members. I hope you enjoy your time here!

How many Vista Variants are there I know there's more then 1
This forum may be dead, but I will not give up hope to bring some life back into this poor forum we must save! ITS NOT TOO LATE TO SAVE THIS SITE! SAY IT WITH ME!

Goujer

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on September 22, 2022, 02:47:12 PMHow many Vista Variants are there I know there's more then 1

There's Vistake, Visbou, Vistan, the smaller Vistan, and a chubby blonde one that are commonly drawn.
The break down is that they are all for the different editions of Vista. I believe Vistake is the Ultimate Edition.

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Goujer on September 22, 2022, 03:24:41 PMThere's Vistake, Visbou, Vistan, the smaller Vistan, and a chubby blonde one that are commonly drawn.
The break down is that they are all for the different editions of Vista. I believe Vistake is the Ultimate Edition.

Thanks

Zacian King of Windows

Quote from: Goujer on September 22, 2022, 03:24:41 PMThere's Vistake, Visbou, Vistan, the smaller Vistan, and a chubby blonde one that are commonly drawn.

Is Windows 11-tan in the same vein like the Vistans sso their would be mutiple or no?

Goujer

Quote from: Zacian King of Windows on September 22, 2022, 06:45:32 PMIs Windows 11-tan in the same vein like the Vistans sso their would be mutiple or no?

Please try to edit your old posts instead of creating new ones if no one has replied yet.

Also I'm moving discussion to a relevant board.