Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

She's one of the playable characters in Puzzle Bobble 3 or Bust-a-Move 3, I don't remember if her name was ever mentioned in the game, but spying the sound effects folder back in time I remember her sounds were all marked "CHINKLE-something", so I call her Chinkle. Chinkle's also been my IRC nick for years, and for example in the OS-tan IRC I'm there under Chinkle and not Pitkin. ^.^

Link to wikipedia article on the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bust-A-Move_99

NejinOniwa

so THAT's where it's from. You sneaky you! -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

BUST A MOVE 99~~~

I LOVED THAT GAME AND I WANTED THAT GAME AND I STILL WANT THAT GAME AND THERE WAS A CHARACTER IN THAT GAME THAT WAS SO CUTE ALL HER SOUNDS WERE SO FREAKING CUTE

I THINK SHE WAS EITHER MARINA OR CHINKLE <333333333333333333333333333
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

dungeon master pitkin D:

you should have gotten torches instead of candles D:
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

torches = expensive, flammable, hard to find
candles = cheap, less dangerous, are at your local dollar store

:3
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 06, 2011, 05:31:24 PM

I LOVED THAT GAME AND I WANTED THAT GAME AND I STILL WANT THAT GAME AND THERE WAS A CHARACTER IN THAT GAME THAT WAS SO CUTE ALL HER SOUNDS WERE SO FREAKING CUTE

I THINK SHE WAS EITHER MARINA OR CHINKLE <333333333333333333333333333

QFT. x) I have the game cd still (though the game itself hasn't worked for years: the only OS it ever liked was Win98, no use me trying on pretty much all the newer ones with sound problems or Linux), so I wanted to attach some sounds from Marina and Chinkle. Typically the cd is nowhere to be found right now even though I'm sure I tried to rip the music from it just some weeks ago. ;_;

Marina was the mahjongg hostess in the game, and obviously a bit more "mature" than Chinkle, as when Marina makes big combos, she throws away her clothes in the animation. xD She also has lower voice than Chinkle, but I cannot remember any of her sound effects except "areeeee?" when she suffers from opponent's combo. x) Chinkle's voice is very high, and she says things like, "ikimasu!", "doki-doki desu!", "waku-waku shimasu!" when she succeeds, not to mention her ultracute dance and jump when she wins. Sugar on the top, she attacks with rainbow bubbles. <3 <3 <3

zjhentohlauedy

Pitkin might be the dungeon lord

but i'm the fire lord D:

My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

i'm the loser lord. :3

my favourite character, it turns out, was Prettio. ^^
she made the cutest little noise. it was like "la-na" <333
(i may have changed my avatar recently, but i'm gonna follow pitkin's trend on this one. ^^)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on January 03, 2011, 08:07:47 AM
Now, let's be coherent people and save the maniacal laughter for last.

First of all, Ruka cosplay: VERY. Nicely done. Naturally a full-body shot would be optimal, but the face/upper body is the more crucial and hard mode parts of this cosplay anyway, so it works. The shot/lighting is loads better this time too; you've nailed the expression and while the makeup could be a tad heavier, it works for a lighter feeling. In case on wants a more "dark side" Ruka, heavier make would be necessary though.
While I suppose the scarf-y thing won't do for a full-body cosplay optimally, it works very nicely for this shot; and also, I imagine summer weather isn't very charming for users of bearskin coats. It'd work as a replacement. -w-;

On SAGE: Like said, squashies are a bit off, and I'd also point out that somehow your limbs seem a bit thin in comparison. Might be portrayal fault on the drawery, though. Other than the equipment issues it's sort-of working, but I think you're going a bit too much for the kawaiidesune expression; SAGE is a tad more, well, reserved, i think. It's beginning to look like something, though - work some more on it, and it'll be just fine.

How'd I miss this? ><

As for makeup on the Ruka one, I did use a little more foundation (lighter than my skintone) and some powder. All things I found in my (somewhat lacking >>) makeup collection btw.

As for the SAGE-tan cosplay, I can't really do anything about the thin limbs. Not that physical inconsistencies stop people from cosplaying as who- or whatever they want. The kawaiidesune expression is purely my fault; I was pretty heavily giggling the whole time. ><;;;

NejinOniwa

QuoteThe kawaiidesune expression is purely my fault; I was pretty heavily giggling the whole time. ><;;;
O-hohohohoho. _W_

Chocofreak13

heeheehee. ^^

dying my hair as we speak. should i spoil the surprise, or not?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

NO SPOILERS. SPOILERS ARE ONLY FOR CARS.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

svx

Dude, you look like my old boss!

Awwwkward...