member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

don't worry bells, if you come to otakon and anyone tries anything you're not ok with (which i assume is anything bigger than a hug) i'll kick a little ass (or in nej's case, j-lo xDD).

i haven't posted a picture in months. but of course, my hair is horrendous, so that's probably why.

also, i'm thinking i'm going to grow it a bit long again. :3 (which remidns me, someone remind me to post the pic from my ID, i look like some hippie-eco-terrorist caught on a security camera, especially in the b+w version xD
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Don't worry, Kari.  I'd ask before trying anything!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

doesn't mean bells would be ok with it. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Wait, *counts* pentagon?  I count a max of Love Rhombus.

Bella

Count again Stew. >:V

...anything to say about the actual (tsk) cosplays? :V

PizzaDrill

My self-portrait WIP:

You will never be as awesome as me.

stewartsage

Nope.  But I'm more then okay with that.

Nein, Bells.

Bella

NejinOniwa

Now that the aftershocks have ceased a bit and I'm freshly showered and as-purified-as-it-gets, I suppose I can share some more coherent thoughts on them.

The WWMMCS outfit is kinda so-so - though much of it is to be blamed on the angle of the self-shot, which sorta ruins it. The bombasticism is a bit lost, and the coat conceals too much of the underlying gear - I'd almost rather shoot one without the coat entirely, just to get a hang of the outfit and its base looks.

One would think I was totally clueless on this topic, but the make-up you're going after is a bit like what I usually do for stage make-up; and since it's a costume with little sparkly details and shwag, you'd want the parts you can freely work with otherwise to be as magnified as you can get them. Unless you have a character that's actually supposed to look a bit mundane, I suggest you drop all barriers; do your make-up keeping in mind you'll want people to see that sleep-deprivation from 50 feet away. If it makes you look like a homicidal clown, well, you might drop some of it, but you'll be wanting to approach that limit, and be close to it. Googling "stage make-up" might be a good idea, too.

The Mertvaya-tan cosplay, on the other hand, is - while largely wip and lacking the "correct" equipment - very well executed, and what more, perfectly shot. The make-up, while insufficient for your natural contrast levels, works perfectly with the extra lightness provided by the wig; you might want to make the shot in a whiter sort of light next time, though, since that provides quite a bit of the spookiness that Ruka rolls with. Nevertheless - while the outfit itself could be worked on, you certainly have the spirit of it. To be nitpicky I'd say you should widen/intensify your eyes a bit (with make or elsewise) and possibly powder or otherwise whiten your face a bit, for that extra paleness - but other than that, it's just the gear that needs to be acquired. If you're looking for another cosplay, I'd certainly recommend using it (and that's not only because I find it good-looking, but because you can definitely manage to pull it off quite spectacularly).

In other news, my camera is back from the shop now, so I can actually shoot things again. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

so post some selfcest or something. :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

MOAR OS-TAN COSPLAYS? IN YOUR OSC?! MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK!

Mertvaya Ruka redux: now with a green jacket + fur sash-thingy!
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/DSC_0143.jpg

SAGE! SA-GE!
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/DSC_0164.jpg
I relised I might be able to pull it off when I discovered my ability to perform twinbunjutssu, though I still don't have enough hair to do proper squash blossoms. (Who DOES though?)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s320/BellasOS-tans/DSC_0174.jpg
"This is varai interestuhn"

Q and A:
Q: Why do you like cosplaying nuclear powered tsun- and/or yan-dere OS-tans so much?
A: Cause they have the highest percentage of blondes and brunettes.

Q: Why are you wearing an airman's uniform for a SAGE-tan cosplay?
A: Cause that's the only old USAF uniform I have lying around my house, duh.

Chocofreak13

hmm, was SAGE's design redone? i never saw the updated version. :\

and OMG IT'S A MERTVAYA RUKA GET THE CAR (and don't let the swede see it)
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Great cosplays, Bells!  Wants to see moar.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

needs to do soemthing liek this ;___;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Is thankfully immune to cosplaying, unless Otakcon.