OS-tan Annex Project Revival

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 20, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Aurora BorealisThis genius might not be all-knowing, but she is all-eating! :D
QuoteName: FreeBSD
aka: FreeB-chan
Debut: Nov 1993
Height: 172 cm
Weight: ?? kg
Eye Color: Green
Hair: Light Red

Quick Facts:
-The de-facto leader of the User Space Gang, her larger-than-life demeanor overshadows Plan 9.
-Younger sister to NetBSD, and older sister to the other Open Source BSD-tans.
-Fun-loving, highly extroverted and ambitious, and loves to take the initiative with anything.
-Has long light red hair and wears a red minidress with long black boots and gloves.
-Carries a shapeshifting pitchfork-flail combo weapon.
-Laid-back and informal, to the point she's mistaken for a slacker, but is very intelligent.
-Was drafted into the Unix Wars, but deserted.
-Escaped arrest for desertion due to simple but clever tactics, met Plan 9, NetBSD and OpenBSD and the four of them co-founded the User Space Gang.
-Gets along very well with the Open Source Unix-tans plus A/UX (who is closed-source but shares their ideals) but speaks little about the rest of her family.
-Has an impressive appetite and can eat just about anything.
-Values freedom above all.

OMG REDCAP.
click to make it bigger

Bella

@PDP-1-chan; well, she's greatly admired and respected by the hackers and minicomputer communities, but the mainframe-tans still mostly regard her with mild disdain... especially the IBM set.

I once likened this one to a quote unquote "cross between OpenVMS and SAGE"; I sincerely don't remember why I thought that, but hey, she is crazy secure and crazy Unix-hating.

QuoteName:  Stratus VOS
aka: Virtual Operating System, OpenVOS
Debut: 1982 (?)
Height:  180cm or 5'11''
Weight: 67kg or 148lb
Eye Color: blue
Hair: dark red w/ pink highlights

Quick Facts:
-Believes herself to be Multics' long-lost daughter and the victim of a conspiracy to hide her true heirship.
-Had moderate contact with, and tutelage by, Multics.
-Lives on the fringes of society.
-Enduring and powerful, physically and psychologically.
-Learnt many of Multics magical techniques, employs a number of spells she unfortunately calls “curses”.
-A skilled communicator in many languages, including several bafflingly obscure ones.
-Hostile toward Unix-sama, perhaps stemming from a knowledge of Unix' and Multics' relation.
-Looks at Unix with a sort of younger-sibling resentment.
-Seems to enjoy purloining â€" or cloning, if all attempts fail â€" Unix utilities and programs.
-Tall, athletic, wears her short red hair with long bangs and highlights. Dresses is darkly coloured steampunk-inspired clothing, a corset and liberal amounts of jewelry.

I think I once called this one a Pedobear-hunting killer loli... lol.

QuoteName: Commodore VIC-20
aka: VC-20, VC-1001, Vixen,  Volkscomputer
Debut: 1980
Height: 143 cm
Weight:  36kg
Eye Color: Orange
Hair: Burgundy
-Has a prim, but formidable, appearance and demeanour.
-Was stationed on land during her days in the Commodore military, unlike her navel-oriented sisters
-Wields a M1903 Springfield rifle with bayonet
-Wears her old military tunic, coat and brodie helmet, but with more the recent â€" and feminine  â€"  additions of a skirt, lace-trimmed knee-high socks and mismatched shoes
-Has a cynical and acerbic attitude
-Has traveled the world since Commodore's downfall
-Yearns to be a part of the modern world but refuses to let go of the past
-Constantly laments the loss of her company and heritage
-May not be aware of her status as a minor cult hero within the Linux family/community
-Physically young, has long, wavy hair and keen eyes

Couldn't help but wallotext this one. Soz. ><;

QuoteName: GNU/Linux
aka: Linux
Debut:  1991
Height:  168cm or 5'6''
Weight: 60kg or 133lb
Eye Color: purple
Hair: purple

Quick Facts:
-The most successful Open Sourcer and Unix-like.
-Born in Finland in 1991, was turned over to Minix-sensei for tutoring at a young age.
-Effectively homeless, she traveled extensively throughout her youth; an experience that shaped her personality and worldview.
-Avoided the Unix Wars during her youth, allowing her to develop free of the conflict's damaging influences.
-Was powerless until her involvement with the GNU project, where she learned most of her sorcery and strategic skills.
-Her source code was made freely available, allowing her better health and many children to be created from her “genes”.
-An alliance with Apache-tan boosted her influence and made her a viable threat to the Unix dynasty.
-Initially considered harmless, her increasing power, following and  growing family made her the target of suspicion and attack by mainstream Unixes.
-Since the mid 1990s has worked with Unix-sama to secure the mutual success and survival of their families.
-While best friends with Unix-sama, her relationship with most of the Unix-tans continues to be uneasy at best.
-Considered a possible heir to the Unix throne.
-Pragmatic, optimistic and idealistic, but perhaps a bit too blunt and verbose.
-Originally wielded a spear and wore a helmet, now carries a halberd and uses advanced cyber-armour
-Prefers hand-to-hand combat in battle, instead using her sorcery in more constructive pursuits.
-Physically an older teen, athletic with long hime-cut hair. Wears white tights, a short skirt, a “compiz” cape, navy blue jacket with gold accents and similarly coloured boots.

And now a simple little bio for a simple little distro.

QuoteName: Puppy Linux
aka: Puppy, Pup-chan
Debut:  2005
Height: 4'9''
Weight: 87lb
Eye Color: brown
Hair: blonde

Quick Facts:
-Cheerful and adventurous.
-She speaks with an accent from her native Australia.
-Fond of cosplay, including dressing up like Mac- and Windows-tans.
-Resourceful and thrifty, can survive in places and on rations that other OS-tans wouldn't dare attempt to.
-Friendly and sociable with almost everyone.
-Physically a young girl, has golden dog ears and a tail, and wears her medium length hair in a ponytail.

Krizonar

It's like I'm witnessing the creation of the universe...

/readreadread

Aurora Borealis

I didn't know much about VOS-tan, but wow! What a conspiracy theorist, and she's even something of a mad scientist with her attempts at cloning Unix programs! And steampunk fashion is another plus!

Yay for VIC-20-chan!

Impressive work tackling Linux-tan's bio! I wouldn't have known where to start!

I nearly forgot about Puppy-chan. Sounds like her survival skills are easily on par with the CIOST characters, though she'd be too social to want to affiliate with them.

Bella

Quote from: "Krizonar"It's like I'm witnessing the creation of the universe...

/readreadread

That would mean... I AM A GODDDDDDDDD, MUHAAAHAHAHAAAAA~ >O<

Er... ahem... yes. Linux-tan's bio was a doozie to work on. It's been setting half-done since June I think ><;

VOS-tan is probably the Multics-like equivalent of VMS-tan, but with more conspiracies. And Multics worship. Had to write VIC-20's bio, I just had to. Being a proud VIC-20 parent and all. .__.

stewartsage

I remember VOS!  And the hunter-killer comment.  Like a short lived class of US Navy post-WWII diesel subs.  SSKs

VIC-20: I'd date th- *bayoneted*

Does this make me the patron saint of IBM or CDC?

Bella

You'll have to fight me for VIC-chan! Oh wait... you're dead...

*Steps over bayoneted corpse, walks off arm-in-arm* "So, VIC-chan, how do you feel about being a part of harem?" >:3

St. Stewart of IBMnatious? Nah, you're pretty much a part of the pantheon at this point.

Chocofreak13

love the BIOS, especially puppy, that fits her to a t. ^^

also, where am i fitting in this god-complex? i'm probably ending up a minor character like hermes.... ;___;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I have Thor the man as my second-in-command and source of divine hammers, so...I dunno. I'm probably just lost somewhere in OSgard...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

idk where i lie. so in terms of norse mythology (and cause i kill topics) i claim Hël.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Three new bios, for the User Space Gang!

Name: Midnight BSD
aka:
Debut: unknown
Height: 176 cm
Weight: ??kg
Eye Color: Yellow
Hair: Black

Quick Facts:

-Is outspoken, has a sense of humor that can range from sophisticated to downright bawdy.
-Closest friends with OpenBSD-tan, the two love to exchange jokes and song parodies.
-Admires NeXTSTEP-tan and sees her as a role model (Midnight BSD's GUI looks much like NeXTSTEP's)
-Doesn't live with the rest of the User Space Gang, but affiliates with them.
-Wears her hair up in twin buns that resemble cat ears, tied with a red ribbon.
-Wears a light blue sleeveless kimono with a butterfly pattern and butterfly-shaped sash.

Name: Octopus
aka: Octo-chan
Height: 169 cm
Weight: ?? kg
Eye Color: Dark Red
Hair: Orange

-Is Plan B's daughter/clone and Plan 9's granddaughter.
-Calm, focused on order and thinking outside the box.
-Has a gentle, playful demeanor.
-At times, she accidentally causes more chaos than she tried to stop.
-When created, she didn't turn out how Plan B expected, and at first saw Octopus as an abomination, but soon accepted her.
-Despite being Plan B's clone, she has a curious resemblance to Inferno.
-Is fire-resistant and has retractable tentacles. Her hair is even prehensile, but not very functional.
-Wears a white dress and boots with a tentacle theme to them.

Name: Plan B
aka:
Height: 160 cm
Eye Color: Grey
Hair: White w/ purple tips

-One of Plan 9's daughters, actually a clone created by Plan 9 to assist in managing the User Space Gang.
-Sticks close to Plan 9 and writes down everything that she [Plan 9] says as notes to teach the young Inferno, even if it is embarrassing.
-Is very nonchalant to the point nothing appears to surprise her.
-Is incredibly resourceful and excels at improvising.
-Usually quiet, but known to be the deadpan snarker of the group.
-Has short, spiky white hair with purple tips, and perpetually droopy, dark grey eyes.
-Wears mini-dresses with long, fin-like sleeves.
-Taking after Plan 9-tan, she has created a clone of her own [Octopus-tan].

Chocofreak13

hmm, let's hope XP doesn't develop a taste for takoyaki. xD
click to make it bigger

Bella

Chocofreak13

i like em! specially midnight BSD's description, she sounds so pretty!

and i already have a mental pic of what octo-chan looks like, mainly based off a character from my-hime that has tentacle-like hair. :3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I know that Siya drew a sketch of Midnight BSD-tan, including a color map of her, but I can't remember where it is at the moment.

Bios for two Mac-tans:

Update: Both of these are out of date and update bios will be posted.

Quote from: undefinedName: Macintosh System 4
aka: Mac OS4, Semm
Debut: 3/2/1987
Height: 132 cm [4'4"]
Eye Color: Silver
Hair: Black

Quick Facts:

-Has a cheerful and carefree disposition, but also hides an inferiority complex and is known to be fussy at times. (First Mac OS to exclude a Mac model)
-Her inferiority complex stems from several things-she can't multitask as well as her younger sisters, introduced only one remarkable feature (MultiFinder in System 4.2), also because of her obscurity, and she felt she failed as a parent.
-Is the adoptive mother of Mac System 5, 6 and 7.
-Was bitter and depressed in the late 80's, after her own quick obsolescence, Mac System 5's death, Mac System 6's instablity and near-death.
-When Mac System 7 turned out to be happy and healthy, her worries waned.
- Is stronger than she looks, and has a surprisingly huge appetite. (4.0 excluded the original Mac 128k, 4.1 excluded the 512k)
-Used to clash a lot with Mac System 1 over leadership, especially who would be the matriarch, and criticizing Mac System 4 for being a glutton. But now they get along very well.
-Dons a green shirt with a red skirt, white boots and a grey denim jacket.

Quote from: undefinedName: Macintosh System 5
aka: Mac OS5, Phantom of the Macintosh
Debut: n/a
Height: 163 cm (5'4")
Eye Color: Silver (left), Pink (right)
Hair: Purple

Notes: Represents Mac System Software 5 (System 4.2+ Finder 6.0, which debuted in Oct 1987) and System 5, but mainly the latter which doesn't exist.

Quick Facts:
-Died very young of illness, but lives on as a ghost who hangs out with either the Mac House or the Binteeji Renmei.
-Like her older relatives, she is semi-retired.
-Is invisible to many individuals outside of the Mac circle, but her voice can be heard.
-Is quiet, cheerful and friendly.
-A talented magician, fortune-teller, organ-player and trickster.
-Wears a vaguely Victorian-style purple and white dress, black gloves, cloak, and white boots. Sometimes also wears a "Phantom Of The Opera" style mask.
-Wields a magician wand which she uses for magic tricks and multitasking. (her wand represents Multifinder, which was an add-on in System Software 5/System 4.2)
-Closest friends are Mac System 4 and 6, and is said to have met the ghost of Apple I.

Notice the height difference? And to think that back when she was the youngest Mac-tan, she was considered really tall!