Digital Complex: Artwork Thread

Started by CaptBrenden, October 17, 2005, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYinzer

QuoteAll the images either show 404-tan or a normal 404 error.

Yeah people! Let's get these images back up here!

Darknight_88

Don't know why the links don't work, but the images are still up in the gallery. Just a few more clics, they're in the Captain's gallery.

NewYinzer

QuoteDon't know why the links don't work, but the images are still up in the gallery. Just a few more clics, they're in the Captain's gallery.

Hmm...they do appear in the gallery. Must be the work of ChibiChibi, the goddess of Chibiology. Her dream of a perfect world will be realized through Animetics, a book published by the Church of Chibiology. It tells the story of how ChibiChibi created the world, then took all of mankind on spaceships that look like 707's to the planet Chibi 7, then destroyed Earth, then created it again, took mankind back, then modified it using Photoshop. Join the Church of Chibiology.

CaptBrenden

QuoteHmm...they do appear in the gallery. Must be the work of ChibiChibi, the goddess of Chibiology. Her dream of a perfect world will be realized through Animetics, a book published by the Church of Chibiology. It tells the story of how ChibiChibi created the world, then took all of mankind on spaceships that look like 707's to the planet Chibi 7, then destroyed Earth, then created it again, took mankind back, then modified it using Photoshop. Join the Church of Chibiology.

Chibichibi is no match for Waha, touble maker of the internet.

on another note, here is a unfinished pic for comments and saggestions. some of you may remember that this is the Prize pic for Mechazawas winning the name contest.  It took a while to get it off of my crashed lap top. here it is in its unfinished glory!

or not... seems the file is too big.  fuckberries.  256 is a small file.  i mean fuck. >_<

Well a link to my scrap on DA will have to do.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39842592/

XP, riding her vespa, looking stylish as always.   Let me know what you all think of her look in my style and such.  tone off course still needs to be compleated but photoshop isnt working for me right now so i dont know when that will be...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

*trot trot trot*

*inspect inspect*

Passing through here too, don't mind me....

*trot trot trot*

*stops*

Actually,... I was wondering....
You wanted to cel-shade the color test of 3.1-sama with DOSkitty, but so far I've only seen the soft-shaded version posted up.  Did you ever complete the former?  '__'

CaptBrenden

no, i decided I really didnt like that inkwork -_- and im just no good at cell shading so far, cus ive never really done it before.  ive always been a soft shader.

not that it mattes so much, most of the actual pages are gonna be done in manga style, and the few ultra premium color pages or covers will just be soft shaded prolly.

the cell shading would be cool if I tried to make any mini flash eps

C-Chan

Darn.  ;__;
Cel-shading is sort of my forte, but I suppose it is a moot point if you're gonna go ahead with the manga style.  Cel-shading is efficient, but nothing beats black-and-white in that regard.  ^__^

CaptBrenden

well, it depends on what our program situation looks like, but an inker would help.

C-Chan

Program situation?   And do you mean real inker or digital inker?  ^^

CaptBrenden

digital of course. -_-

the program problem is you using a program that i can use for the toning as well.  -_- humm what to do what to do...?  or pehaps we will find something that would suit you better

C-Chan

You mean by me using Inkscape?

Might not be a problem.  I also have Photoshop, Illustrator, Manga Studio and a few other things at my disposal.  ^__^
I imagine that I can use Illustrator to export a rasterized vector image in layers, which can then be used in whatever app you use to do soft shading and other essentials.

Or I can simply export to a very large PNG File.

Or maybe you can just detail your workflow just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you.  -v-

CaptBrenden

it would be manga studio then, I wasnt sure if you had it.

Actually so far im really impressed with the feel it gives to its art tools...

C-Chan

Well I definitely know I can export to it, so yes it's all good.  
I can't draw without color, but I believe Manga Studio also converts imported files to grayscale so that shouldn't be a problem.  -v-

But this is all hypothetically-speaking of course, till you get settled.  ^__^

Ja!  -v-

*trot trot trot*

CaptBrenden

eh..   What?  where does greyscale come in?  or color?  Im lost.. I thought you had the program so you could ink...

C-Chan

*trot trot trot*

Wha?  I thought you knew by now that I'm 100% vector.  ^__^
That means I never sketch (all my sketch work looks like crap, so I never use it), so I cut off the middleman and go right straight to the line art (aka, inking).  And when handling bezier curves, it's always more convenient to give them Fills (such as color) else it'll be a nightmare later to reselect them for editing purposes.  (Plus, I need color to better visualize what I'm doing.)  Automatic greyscaling is only a matter of convenience, since in Inkscape I can easily batch-remove all the Fills in my line art AFTER I've finished Inking-Coloring, thus exporting just the lines over a transparent background.  (Naturally, I'd save the color version elsewhere for posterity....  ^^')

Both Illustrator and Manga Studio EX have vector tools of their own, but until I get used to them I can see myself doing the line art on a medium I'm used to (=Inkscape).  At least for a while.